Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we end up getting Bale and losing Eriksen, I'd love to see us in a 4-3-3. Kane seems to be doing pretty well in that formation for England. I think we'd have lots of flexibility in the middle.

Trips(if he's not sold)-Sanchez-Jan-Rose
Dele/Winks-Dier/Sissoko/Winks-Sissoko/Winks/Lamela
Sonny-Kane-Bale

Salivating at the thought of that front three, but with Bale in the form he was in in his final season with us

That certainly sounds like a great front three. But what I'm missing there is a little tricky winger in the Sterling mould. Bale and Sonny are quite similar in a sense, that they are great running at players, but I think we'll be up against teams parking the bus, where you need a slightly different skillset.

But wouldn't say no, to that front three.

That certainly sounds like a great front three. But what I'm missing there is a little tricky winger in the Sterling mould. Bale and Sonny are quite similar in a sense, that they are great running at players, but I think we'll be up against teams parking the bus, where you need a slightly different skillset.

But wouldn't say no, to that front three.

As a model, I love the speed/power it would boast, but you do have a point (though I think Sonny is pretty damn good weaving through tight spaces during times of 'purpleness' ).... We'd be seriously reliant upon creative passing from deep.... Although I suspect Toby's assists stats would go through the roof thanks to his QtrBack-like distribution.

No we have had a really good time, but apart from cinemas not much to do in the evening, as we're not night people. In fact we found Bourbon Street too noisy at 6pm!!!

Would he improve our team? Yes he would. He would bring experience and an unpredictability that the opposition would fear. He would also bring depth and open up new options.
He would also break our wage structure and give other players a precedent to ask for more money.
We cant pay his wages and he wont take a pay-cut. There are other teams in the PL that are willing to pay way more than what he is worth and considering his age he would pick one of those.
He is clearly not in shape (judging by his injury history) to be a regular starter in the PL, especially under someone like Poch.
Right now for the club it makes no sense to invest in a player that cant play at high intensity for an entire season in the PL. Its to big of a gamble.
So no he should no come back. I would love him back. He is one of the players that made me a fan (I only started watching football around8-10 years ago)

Back
Top Bottom