Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree until you mentioned Trippier

As Robbie Keane said at HT Trippier had to close Robertson down before he had tried to cross it but no he just stood off and let him but you’re right Firmino should have been picked up
It is typical of the season we are having that we play 3 CBs and yet Firmino gets a free fucking header like that.

Oh fuck off you stupid prick. Fucking different when you want to cunt off Trippier everyweek isn’t it.

He didn’t just miss a sitter, he was fucking shit all game. Lloris saw more ball than the useless cunt first half.

Hes fucking shit.

Other than the sitter he admittedly missed he had a decent game
If it wasn’t for him breaking up their attack outside our penalty area in the first place there wouldn’t have been an attack you dimwitted cunt

We’ve had our match report so you’re now redundant now fuck off

It's all down to Levy now. Either he spends or we'll lose some of our talent and be lucky to end next season in the top half. Poch has to give him an ultimatum. Buy or I'm off. Poch, show some spine. We need you.
Levy needs to buy Lloris a new pair of gloves from the looks of it.

If Lloris makes a simple catch this is a draw. Let’s not make this out as more than that.

Burnley, Chelsea, Woolwich and Southampton we were poor for long stretches and looked tactically bereft of ideas. Today that was not the case. We more or less dominated the entire second half and more than held our own for long stretches of the first.

Everyone chalked this off a loss before the game, so some of the reactions here seem a bit dishonest.

Maybe not dishonest as oppposed to what most thought would be the likely outcome.

But we make mistake after mistake after mistake. Or mids chance after chance after chance.

Look it's 4 years. 3rd, 2nd, 3rd.

We have the experience but something does not click.

It’s weird that you point out losing to shit teams but feel that we needed a new midfield to avoid that.

I think our problems are elsewhere and not talent based personally.

Yes we should be be doing better then 1 point from 15 with the team we have. But maybe I'm wrong. Too many players we thought we could rely on look like they aren't up to it. I'm talking about likes of aurier, trippier, Hugo. That's before we talk about some of the midfield. Maybe with more competition and certain players not feeling so safe in their position would definitely make a difference. I don't see what else could be going on.

Ten losses this league campaign. That’s a midtable team statistic. Absolutely pathetic
This is archaic thinking. With 3 points for a win it’s about points dropped, period. 32 points dropped. Doesn’t matter of its 10 losses and 1 draw or 6 losses and 7 draws - it’s all the same in the big picture.

Only matters when it’s against someone competing for a top 4 spot, which isn’t Liverpool.

Ten losses this league campaign. That’s a midtable team statistic. Absolutely pathetic

How many of these have come from reckless individual mistakes though?

For me it's a combination of that and not being killers in front of goal that has damaged us. The talent is already at the club, the mindset in a few of them sadly isn't. I still honestly believe that with the quality we have that it's not the quality, it's the application

It’s nothing to aim at the crowd. It’s the boardroom, players and dug out that need to do the job. Not us.

None of that bullshit matters now .What the board did or anyone else. We can worry about all that in the summer. If the supporters don't get behind the team in a new stadium that is meant to intimidate the opposition with the players are playing in for the first time whilst in relegation form then we may as well give up now.

And the table now proves us utterly right!
No the table from this calendar year shows that the January window was a disaster due to injuries and the sale of Dembele not being addressed.

Up to New Years we were 5pts off top, beating Everton 6-2 away, about 15pts above Utd and about 7pts above Woolwich and Chelsea.

We were in all the cups and had a semi final coming up after beating scum away.
Things were good. The summer window had been vindicated.

The January window has helped with the demise of our team due to injuries and form that have come about during the course of the season. And the sale of a player....in January.

It’s that simple and you can all pretend it’s not the case, but we all know you’re pretending you don’t get it don’t we

Last edited:
The board?

Flashback to the 80s.

The Hyperbole Police want a word, mate.

80s into the 90s we were left flailing where? ....The very mire this board has dragged us out of. I know today hurts, but i urge perspective.

A bad time for us now is not winning the league and the threat of no CL in our new stadium and rather than having them poached; as fans deliberating whether we should 'rid' ourselves of so-called world class players... Scholar & Sugar weren't in the business of facilitating such '1st world' woes.

All concerned need to rally up for some fucking huge games in the coming weeks...

Last edited:
Is there a more cursed club? Every time! Every fucking time!! What a pathetic bunch -- keep shooting themselves in the foot time and time and time again. Laughing stock, absolutely amateurish....Yes lets enjoy the shiny bowl of debt in the Europa league with players like trippier, davies and sanchez...cause the good ones will fuck off this summer even though they played such a big part yet another end of season meltdown. Its the hope that really does kill you.

The Hyperbole Police want a word, mate.

80s into the 90s we were left flailing where? ....The very mire this board has dragged us out of. I know today hurts, but i urge perspective.

A bad time for us now is not winning the league and the threat of no CL in our new stadium and rather than having them poached as fans deliberating whether we should 'rid' ourselves of so-called world class players... Scholar & Sugar weren't in the business of facilitating such '1st world' woes.

All concerned need to rally up for some fucking huge games in the coming weeks...

Appreciate the history lesson (I remember), it wasn't me going hyperbole though!

Back
Top Bottom