Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminds me of Lennon. looks dangerous when he gets the ball and draws more than one player towards him but no end product and does not make enough crucial passes. Lennon used to be one of my favourite players but we have moved on since then and moura has another season to improve or go.

Definitely the wrong move to sub him against saints. Worked very hard and put himself in good positions to score multiple times....only for Kane and Alli to not pass him.

As someone else said Son almost left after his first season so I am keeping the faith. But the fact that our other attacking players don't pass it to him even when he is in a better position to score than them is worrying.

He was great in the 1st half but I thought he reverted back to his former self in the 2nd half. He touches were poor, he was doing his headless running again, and he fluffed that one chance he had in box.

Maybe it's a case of 'best of a bad bunch' but he didn't really convince me last match.

I like his mazey runs, they just rarely produce anything. I can see that he needs a run of games, but I just don’t see a first team player in him. So he is where he should be and I am thankful we have some depth there, but I don’t trust him to change a game when he comes on. Honestly I a, more excited about Llorente coming on because he changes our tactics and he has created chances for others with his head.

Under used and played with back to goal far too often. Hes streets ahead of someone like lamela who poch turns to first. Needs a run of games like most to reach his potential. Think hes scored 10 or close to 10 this season. Not a bad return for a squad player.

He did well yesterday and took his goal well. Should have scored though about 10 minutes in, had to take a touch to get it on his better foot, when it should have been hit first time. Chance was gone then.

Bizarrely or typically Moura scored yesterday when not as effective in his general play as he was in the first half.

But he offers more than a much overrated and over-tolerated Lamela.

Hope he starts on Wednesday. Problem is he won't unless Pochettino drops one of Eriksen or Alli, as I am sure Son will take to the pitch against Palace.

Same with Rose, who I can't abide, but who crosses apart played well.

Under used and played with back to goal far too often. Hes streets ahead of someone like lamela who poch turns to first. Needs a run of games like most to reach his potential. Think hes scored 10 or close to 10 this season. Not a bad return for a squad player.

Agree he needs a run of games. He was much more involved yesterday and although it didn't all come off his eagerness for the ball was great.

Bizarrely or typically Moura scored yesterday when not as effective in his general play as he was in the first half.

But he offers more than a much overrated and over-tolerated Lamela.

Hope he starts on Wednesday. Problem is he won't unless Pochettino drops one of Eriksen or Alli, as I am sure Son will take to the pitch against Palace.

Same with Rose, who I can't abide, but who crosses apart played well.
I think playing him as a striker is moronic from Poch.

I've been really encouraged by his last couple of appearances. He seems like he's genuinely a part of the group now and even though he divides opinion, £23m for him I think was a good deal.

He seems more direct than when he joined and he adds good quality, especially when the things he tries come off. I value the little mans character as well. Good signing IMO

I've been really encouraged by his last couple of appearances. He seems like he's genuinely a part of the group now and even though he divides opinion, £23m for him I think was a good deal.

He seems more direct than when he joined and he adds good quality, especially when the things he tries come off. I value the little mans character as well. Good signing IMO
I like him running at the oppo, turning defenders is welcomed especially against teams sat in. His runs also create gaps that others can/should find. He has improved massively on his defensive game (compared to when he first joined).

His problem, however, is his ability to link with his teammates, they find him or he finds them. It's hard to tell if this is a familiarization part of the game where players get to know each other's runs etc. or that he isn't a great passer of the ball or he needs someone close to him in support???

But he's well worth the money we paid without being a true star in the side, but a player that I think is positive to have in the squad. He's not, however, a player that City will get worried about if selected to play against him. So, great for Cups, and mid to lower tier oppo, but top of the table teams he's still got work to do for me.

I like him running at the oppo, turning defenders is welcomed especially against teams sat in. His runs also create gaps that others can/should find. He has improved massively on his defensive game (compared to when he first joined).

His problem, however, is his ability to link with his teammates, they find him or he finds them. It's hard to tell if this is a familiarization part of the game where players get to know each other's runs etc. or that he isn't a great passer of the ball or he needs someone close to him in support???

But he's well worth the money we paid without being a true star in the side, but a player that I think is positive to have in the squad. He's not, however, a player that City will get worried about if selected to play against him. So, great for Cups, and mid to lower tier oppo, but top of the table teams he's still got work to do for me.

If he chips in with 10-15 goals a season from here on in and adds a little calmness and intelligence to knowing what's going on around him he'll end up being a really good signing. Sometimes he feels a little too direct in his running when it would be better to wait, hold the ball up, give and go or wait for others to join him etc. His timing is a little off but the release we get when he's prepared to take teams on can be great. Interesting that not many of his goals have come from running at the opposition, only one that stands out to me the others have been good positioning in and around the box.

Worth keeping another season, not a world beater though. Not enough end product. Seems a solid character and doesn't seem to get repeated niggling little injuries the day before games and is probably on wages that reflect his value to the club.

You can't expect brilliant stuff from him when he's getting chance here and there. He absolutely deserved start yesterday and got couple of minutes. That's not good for any player, if you ask me. Yeah, I know it's hard for Poch to decide or drop someone, but then again, when is the time you give him run of couple of games?

He seems like a great guy, wish Poch would trust him more.

You can't expect brilliant stuff from him when he's getting chance here and there. He absolutely deserved start yesterday and got couple of minutes. That's not good for any player, if you ask me. Yeah, I know it's hard for Poch to decide or drop someone, but then again, when is the time you give him run of couple of games?

He seems like a great guy, wish Poch would trust him more.
First season South American in the Prem and he's got into double figures scored.

He's doing great.

Back
Top Bottom