Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...not the biggest fan of Winks, but tbf he had one of his best performances last night - not dawdling on the ball, looking to distribute forward, tracking back, and tackling at another level...
COYS

It was such a bipolar evening. we had 2 big screens, one with Spurs on it and the other with news and the election results coming in.
Kane was injured and we started thinking it was fucking over, we we're looking stretched. Winks and Sissoko were fighting like it's Dday.
Suddenly Son scored and we erupted but on the other screen as results were pouring in it was clear that the anti-democratic coalition had a majority. we just stood there 9 spurs supporters still embraced but really wary.
The final whistle saw a huge exclaim of joy but we quickly each fucked off back home.

It was like living in 2 bodies at the same time, one was at the Lane bouncing the other was here.

Onward and upwards.

Game won. Now into history. Players need to enjoy glow for today and then move on.
And another...
"Strange selection choices last night, was at the game and we looked so slow in our play and our tempo only started to increase when KDB and Sane came on, Mahrez can't cope with playing at a big club - the amount of times he cut back inside onto his left and his final delivery is poor. Does anyone know why Sane isn't playing? He'c clearly not been rested but dropped and unfortunately I love Silva, but finally I think time is catching up on the magician. Think we'll win at the Etihad....but we need to score 3 as I can see Spurs scoring. The stadium FYI is incredible, the home fans created a hostile atmosphere, completely drowned our chants"

Sycophantic sh!t.

Well done Spurs lads. A recent conundrum seems to be that you play better with HK on the pitch but achieve better results when he isn't.
Was driving last night so didn't see the game but it sounded fabulous on 5Live. I thought Sutton was going to implode - he seems to like you lot immensely, which is saying something as up to now I wasn't aware that he liked anyone or anything.
My guess is that the next leg will be really tough but certainly do-able - and after that - well, football is capable of throwing up complete underdogs who win the biggest prizes..(cough, cough).
Seriously though, I think you have a real chance now. Hope you do it.

Game won. Now into history. Players need to enjoy glow for today and then move on.

Sycophantic sh!t.
Is the top bit a quote from Poch or do you suspect the players review your messages and act accordingly, because you're so knowledgable? An opposition supporter praises our new stadium and vocal support and you call it sycophantic shit. Fucking dumb arse.

...not the biggest fan of Winks, but tbf he had one of his best performances last night - not dawdling on the ball, looking to distribute forward, tracking back, and tackling at another level...
COYS
Saw his stats on Twitter, incredible work from him.

Perhaps someone else have them handy?

Well done Spurs lads. A recent conundrum seems to be that you play better with HK on the pitch but achieve better results when he isn't.
Was driving last night so didn't see the game but it sounded fabulous on 5Live. I thought Sutton was going to implode - he seems to like you lot immensely, which is saying something as up to now I wasn't aware that he liked anyone or anything.
My guess is that the next leg will be really tough but certainly do-able - and after that - well, football is capable of throwing up complete underdogs who win the biggest prizes..(cough, cough).
Seriously though, I think you have a real chance now. Hope you do it.
Cheers Bluedog. The away tie will be like a re-run of the Alamo , let's hope the defensive performance of yesterday is repeated next week. Looking for you guys to do a job on Woolwich and Chelski on our behalf. We'd be ever so grateful, and even more grateful if you'll let us take Jan Tielemans off your hands at the end of the season!
:dierpochhug:

Cheers Bluedog. The away tie will be like a re-run of the Alamo , let's hope the defensive performance of yesterday is repeated next week. Looking for you guys to do a job on Woolwich and Chelski on our behalf. We'd be ever so grateful, and even more grateful if you'll let us take Jan Tielemans off your hands at the end of the season!
:dierpochhug:

Would love to help you out, particularly against Woolwich - and as their away form is so poor I'm feeling good about that one.
Re Tielemans - what a player. Early days but all signs point to him being the real deal. We're all praying that we can land him - he seems happy and has been making positive noises, but can't help feeling that his head might be turned. It would be understandable if it was - but he's slotted right into a really young side and the body language all reads well. Whoever does get him has something to get excited about.

Would love to help you out, particularly against Woolwich - and as their away form is so poor I'm feeling good about that one.
Re Tielemans - what a player. Early days but all signs point to him being the real deal. We're all praying that we can land him - he seems happy and has been making positive noises, but can't help feeling that his head might be turned. It would be understandable if it was - but he's slotted right into a really young side and the body language all reads well. Whoever does get him has something to get excited about.
You're still in with a shout for Europa League qualification (my sympathies!) so there's hopefully none of the 'already on the beach' syndrome from your boys. As for Tielemans, unfortunately for Leicester I reckon the 'shop window' he's been given will attract some bigger boys with deeper pockets. If we can qualify for the Champions League next season there's no reason for us to not to be in with a shot

Back
Top Bottom