Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kekerinho

ENIC COCKROACHES OUT
Needless to say that it’s a huge game, I really hope that we won’t sit back for 90 minutes because I’m not sure my heart can cope with that stress and neither our defence can. I’d say we should try and press them as often as possible, it’s very difficult to keep a clean sheet away at this City side, they’ll probably be more aggressive than in the first game. If we can score early, it would be perfect and would put more pressure on them so that’s again one more reason to try and go at them rather than wait for counter attacks.

Hopefully we’ll go through. I’ll go full deluded and say we win 1-2.

Attack the fuckers. We have a big advantage if we score once & with them playing against Palace tomorrow & us resting a fair few today I'd like to see us go for the throat & take the game to them.

Take the game to them knowing they will more than likely need to score at least 3 goals if we do what we need to when we get the chances. Toe to toe, high defensive line sweeper keeper territory.

Team I'd play I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me to see us 3 at the back but that will quickly turn into 5 at the back if we sit deep.

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Rose
Sissoko
Winks
Dele
Eriksen
Son

Lucas, Victor & Fernando as our big assets on the bench as and when they're needed.

We'll go through, I'm very confident our boys have the guts for the glory. COYS!!!

Attack the fuckers. We have a big advantage if we score once & with them playing against Palace tomorrow & us resting a fair few today I'd like to see us go for the throat & take the game to them.

Take the game to them knowing they will more than likely need to score at least 3 goals if we do what we need to when we get the chances. Toe to toe, high defensive line sweeper keeper territory.

Team I'd play I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me to see us 3 at the back but that will quickly turn into 5 at the back if we sit deep.

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Rose
Sissoko
Winks
Dele
Eriksen
Son

Lucas, Victor & Fernando as our big assets on the bench as and when they're needed.

We'll go through, I'm very confident our boys have the guts for the glory. COYS!!!
I'm just not safe with Sanchez at the back. Rather play just Toby and Jan with Lucas in attacking trio.

I'm just not safe with Sanchez at the back. Rather play just Toby and Jan with Lucas in attacking trio.

The only reason I'd go for Davinson & a back 3 is to play a high defensive line and use his pace if need be. I know what's you mean, he is still a little too raw for these occasions but he's getting there and we are somewhat limited.

Harsh on Lucas but having him as a weapon off the bench appeals to me, as does Davinsons pace playing in a high defensive line. I think I'd go for that if it was down to me instead of a counter with pace. To be a manager hey?

This game is all about tactics in my opinion. I expect Pep to tell his players to put a massive shift in and to close us down relentlessly, give us no time on the ball. Our ability to handle that, to play out past them, to pass the ball quickly, and to take our chances is going to be really important. Probably whoever doesn't quite get their tactics right is going to lose this game.

Lucas deserves to start after Saturday but to be honest, impact sub late on when they still need to score could be ideal. If we score they have to score three. Trouble is, they can. Without a doubt the most important game of our season.

If we knock City out, I don’t fear anyone. For me, City were the favourites.

I think they will rush to score an early goal. I hope we can take advantage of that by giving long throws to Moura whose confidence is pretty high now.
If we compact well and hit them on the counter we could score more than once considering that they will go All out attack as time goes by.

3-1 win.

Lucas deserves to start after Saturday but to be honest, impact sub late on when they still need to score could be ideal. If we score they have to score three. Trouble is, they can. Without a doubt the most important game of our season.

If we knock City out, I don’t fear anyone. For me, City were the favourites.

Interested to see which city turn up.
They seem to get nervy on European nights sometimes.

Let’s hope it’s one of those nights. Our pace on the counter will be key.

I think they will rush to score an early goal. I hope we can take advantage of that by giving long throws to Moura whose confidence is pretty high now.
If we compact well and hit them on the counter we could score more than once considering that they will go All out attack as time goes by.

3-1 win.

“Let” them win at the weekend, though, right? Otherwise Scousers win the league...

3-1 win.

I think it’s the old ironic advantage to us here.....Kane out seems to throw other teams into dissaray while we are the team that thrives.

Pep is probably licking his lips, we’re the Harry Kane team in his eyes. More fool him.

“Let” them win at the weekend, though, right? Otherwise Scousers win the league...
Well, after I've watched their dirty game against us which was purposely aggressive and how Delph and Fernandinho trying to injure our players, I don't really care who win the league as long as we are aiming for the cup with big ears.

I think city will score early, within the first 10 minutes, they will get another after half time more than likely, but we will get the goal that takes us through, so have faith in this team! The glory awaits us! It’s our time!

Back
Top Bottom