Match thread: Tottenham vs Swansea (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

faceb_zps68720022.png

Before the match I thought Chico Flores was a cool name. Kind of rolls off nice.

When he went down with the yelping, David Pleat went on a bizarre hysterical tangent...

"You know there aren't many Chicos in the premier league that I can remember. There was a Chico Hamilton......." all the while Flores is rolling around.

I have no idea what my point is actually.

3 POINTS!

Nice work SanDiegoYiddo SanDiegoYiddo

So lemme get this straight, somebody on here from the Spurs Hardcore Inner Circle is talking shit on Woolwich for being in open conflict amongst themselves over their managers future, yet is attempting to incite the same kind of shit between Spurs fans?

We've lost our two best players, our biggest leader, and had an INSANE amount of injuries to key players. The question I've not seen Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante answer is why, if he feels Spurs aren't "on the up" it means he and the other folk he associates with can't sing. All due respect to anyone who's been going home and away since before I was born, but shouldn't that have bred an attitude of sing or die? You have obviously seen Spurs at our very very worst, maybe you even saw relegation?

Maybe you even saw relegation?

Don't be silly pallmall, Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante would be lucky if he could see the fucking nose on his face, he sounds like a drunken neaderthal half the time. I mean FFS "100% less punchy."

Is that meant to intimidate Blanchflower Blanchflower or something?

Let us know if he turns up blanchy, and if he has the pronounced forehead or dragging knuckles of the typical West ham fan.

Nean.jpg

I wouldn't let him buy you a drink though, he might date rape you and take you back to his nest.

We are plodding, not flying

We are 17 games into a new manager.

Into a new system.

We are 4th. On balance, thats really not to bad at all.

I cant say I think we are playing brilliantly at the moment. I can say I think we are brilliant in spells.

I can also say that what I have seen to date leads me to believe things can only get better (try reading that without that awful labour conference tune in your head lol)

Finally I can say anyone who expected greater improvement already really doesnt have a grasp on what is happening. We are going through a period of substantial change, it was always going to be a 1 step back 2 step forward kind of thing.

We go into January in touch with CL Qualification, this years target, thats probably better than I expected (though about what I hoped) earlier in the season. A couple of key moves in Jan, Ekotto and Kaboul back, the team showing signs of gelling into the new form - Im very hopeful things click soon and we push on for the second half of the season really strongly.

Incidentally, since I'm so bajiggitty over the fact that the statszone app finally works on my phone correctly (again—turns out I needed to update to iOS 6), here's Michu against us and against the wanderers:
KGlDC.png

To paraphrase Dan Patrick, Michu may be unstoppable, but we surely were able to contain him.

I know we arent playing the free flowing football we all love but for the first time i really liked what i saw , we worked as a unit and are very hard to break down , we have some outlets and when Bale is back we'll be even more threatening. And we are 4 th dammit , remember the days when being 4 th was something we'd talk about amongst ourselves and not out loud out of fear of being mocked by the Sky boys ?

Perspective people.

ps i know Harry brought us to fourth too

You can press without forcing all the play into a third of the pitch.

And yes I am, Spursy as fuck, like a Spursy Albert Einstein giving a science class in a junior school.

Ps that Chico character was a right cunt

We looked threatening when we pressed them high up the pitch, forcing them to give the ball away (that is what pressing is). That meant the distance to goal is far shorter and improves our chance to attack. It might have escaped your attention but the oppoents goal is at the other end of the pitch to ours! So where do you expect us to press in our 6 yard box???? You know fuck all about football.

It is pleasing to play a game and dominate possession, too often this season we have relinquished the ball to play on the break. I wonder if Bale's absence is making us play a more progressive game.

But, possession means little when so toothless in attack. Our shoot count was high but not overly accurate nor with much menace. Every week seems, to me, a slight improvement, if not in result then in understanding among the players.

Like the fact AVB cahnged the training routine so as to make it more difficult toward the end and increase player concentration. It might seem silly to have to do it, but it showed ingenuity and, at least yesterday, worked.

Before the match I thought Chico Flores was a cool name. Kind of rolls off nice.

When he went down with the yelping, David Pleat went on a bizarre hysterical tangent...

"You know there aren't many Chicos in the premier league that I can remember. There was a Chico Hamilton......." all the while Flores is rolling around.

I have no idea what my point is actually.

3 POINTS!

Did You also catch that odd exchange between him and the commentator about Stef freund scoring a goal for us but neither could remember when or who it was against. Probably because it never happened! (and they certainly weren't referring to that friendly game against Swindon or whoever)

Back
Top Bottom