Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All told we played 180 minutes of football probably 190 with injury time Manchester City who have a net spend of 1.4 billion over the course of the Arab reign were in control of the tie for 14 minutes
And that is why unless the Arab people boot these wastrels out they will return to using and breeding camels in the desert in the future. (unfortunately)

Watched the full match again this evening. You know what, I don't think people, the media mainly, are giving Spurs the praise deserved. Beyond winning I mean, the narrative is that City were amazing in attack but we managed to beat them, but actually we defended really well for a lot of the game, pushed up when we could and closed them down all game, countered well and took our chances. The only reason it was close was because a) City are good at creating space and attacking, and b) we didn't adapt out setup in the first half to counter that fact, specifically letting their wingers get in behind our full backs who had been dragged central. That was a big mistake which cost us three goals. Rose learnt after his first mistake while Trippier basically got it pointed out to him by Poch at half time at which point he started tracking his player a lot better. He tracked his player in the first leg too but the first half of the second leg he didnt. I don't really understand that, but that was why we conceded those goals. Aside from that though we were really really good.

I fancy us against them on Saturday because surely we'll not make that mistake again, and we know we can hurt them on the attack.

The emotional roller coaster of the whole game up to that point

Did you not hear the assholes booing the entire game? ...Not an ounce of class shown before, during or since; players, manager and fans alike.

....You understand the ramifications of their financially doping?

...If you love this club or sport, your bleeding heart is thoroughly misplaced.

Did you not hear the assholes booing the entire game? ...Not an ounce of class shown before, during or since; players, manager and fans alike.

I agree with your points, but I still find it a bit sad for them. As you said my sympathy might very well be misplaced.

LMFAO

Joe - how was heart break last night?
Well I felt it when they scored their ‘5th’ - didn’t you? You’re so thick it’s unbelievable. Get off my case you foul Madrista cunt. Really Arc - just fuck off. I have no interest in discussing anything Spurs with you. I suppose the ugly sisters are going to transfer their bile towards me now? Don’t make me quote all of your posts laughing at the idea that we could compete with RM or even Utd, because I will. You’ve never had faith in our potential, in fact you’ve laughed at it. If you hadn’t I might respect you a bit more, but of all our ‘fans’ you’re the least deserving of this moment. Having a go at a proper Spurs fan to pick up internet points is your level. If you didn’t feel a certain amount of trepidation going away to the most expensively assembled football team in history, defending a slender one goal advantage, then you have no brains or emotions. I know this because you are quite clearly a psychopath. You exist only to get fellow fans banned on a poxy Internet forum - that’s your only ambition in life - or what passes for it for twisted individuals like you.

And LMFAO? You’ve never laughed in your life. Now I’m away for the weekend and won’t be on here, but have a serious think about what I’ve said. Your call.

Last edited:
Another one who just rewatched the game here. The delight I felt at their initial reaction to their “winning goal” knowing what was coming was something special. Seeing Guardiola leaping up and down and chasing along the touch line, knowing his euphoria is about to turn to disbelieving despair filled my heart with joy. I couldn’t stop the smile from creeping across my face, and was unable to prevent a chuckle from escaping my throat. Oh my what a feeling. And then the cherry on the cake is seeing the penny drop. Watching him work out what has happened. Being able to see him taste the bitterness of another season with another CL failure. It was glorious.
Gonna need a bigger cheque book Josep.

I’d heard that one

The first leg was telling with goals by Greavsie chalked off for offside when he was clearly on
He was just quicker than anybody believed
I think I am correct in saying Greaves had 3 goals ruled offside - 2 in the away leg and one in the home leg, but none of spurs fans and many independent fans agreed with those decisions.

The story of AC Milan bribery came out in the 80s I think from the referee or A C Milan source before that it as assumed to have been Benfica or just bad refereeing

Watching the clips of that disallowed goal incident again I can't help but feel sympathy for City fans. That moment has to be the worst some of them have ever felt in their life. If it was us I would probably abstain from football for some time.

Screw them and sympathy for them mate (no offence intended). Didn't their oil rich team win the greatest league championship title this country has ever seen vs QPR in the last minute? No sympathy at all, fuck them it's all about Spurs!!! We've been more than hard done by in the past to enjoy and appreciate that moment

Last edited:

I don't know who you are or what the fuck you look like Airfixx Airfixx but you just get it & I love you for it son. 100% bang on, it's all about glory and last night was GLORIOUS!!! Everyone talks about spending money, all the bloated bollocks etc, the game is about heart, passion and all that goes along with it. Blanchflower knew, Nicholson knew and I fucking love the club for sticking to its principles and the guts it's taken to do so. Anyone feeling sorry for Man City ain't got the minerals pal

Back
Top Bottom