Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The whole system is a joke. Thousands jumped the ST queue (which I've been on for 10 years) because they were happy to pay for a ST to Wembley. Then you've got a stadium which holds 25000 more people but there's the same amount or fewer tickets for members (around 7k at present).

Nobody “jumped” the queue. People further up turned the chance down. Do the queue actually worked.

I never expected to be offered an ST but as other people didn’t take up their chance I took the plunge and got a ST again for me and my boy. (Who had been on the list for better part of ten years). I actually gave up my ST in 2012 and really never thought I would get one for the new stadium.

But you must be in the top few thousand with 10 years on the list so I expect you will get another chance sooner rather than later.

However I really don’t think you can have sour grapes when you would have been offered a ticket and turned it down?

The reality is with 42k season tickets and more corporate the members were always going to be the ones that struggled for tickets st the new stadium.

Hopefully next time you get offered a season ticket you will be able to get one. As I do agree the current ticketing for members is a shambles.

Good email. But the first thing they’ll say is “we advise everyone to not log on until the designated time, ie 10am.”

Unless this has changed, they’ve always said that anyone logged on early may be chucked out of the “queue”.

The fact that some get through having logged on early is a bit of a mystery and quite lucky, I reckon.

They've just replied to me:

Thank you for your email.

Tickets are sold on a first come first served basis. A person in the queue at 9AM will be placed ahead of a person in the queue at 9.30AM.

Kind regards,

Jon‍
Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co.

I've asked Jon why i was kicked out of the ticketing site despite being in there logged on

I was viewing west ham tickets on ticket exchange and going back to main ticketing page etc so at no point was broswer idle...

Good email. But the first thing they’ll say is “we advise everyone to not log on until the designated time, ie 10am.”

Unless this has changed, they’ve always said that anyone logged on early may be chucked out of the “queue”.

The fact that some get through having logged on early is a bit of a mystery and quite lucky, I reckon.
See the reply i got, they are saying someone queuing at 0900 will be in a better position than someone joining at 0930...

Nobody “jumped” the queue. People further up turned the chance down. Do the queue actually worked.

I never expected to be offered an ST but as other people didn’t take up their chance I took the plunge and got a ST again for me and my boy. (Who had been on the list for better part of ten years). I actually gave up my ST in 2012 and really never thought I would get one for the new stadium.

But you must be in the top few thousand with 10 years on the list so I expect you will get another chance sooner rather than later.

However I really don’t think you can have sour grapes when you would have been offered a ticket and turned it down?

The reality is with 42k season tickets and more corporate the members were always going to be the ones that struggled for tickets st the new stadium.

Hopefully next time you get offered a season ticket you will be able to get one. As I do agree the current ticketing for members is a shambles.

For me, a ST is a massive undertaking from a financial perspective. It's not just the cost of the ST but the travel (I live 50 miles from Spurs), food, drinks etc. As a result, I wasn't prepared to fork out what is going to end up at £2k+ to go to Wembley every other week. I don't think I should be penalised for that. I've been home and away for years (away when members could actually get tickets) but because Spurs were so desperate to fill Wembley, they've offered thousands of extra STs and got buyers on the promise that they will have a ST at the new lane as a result.

The issue is we now have a ridiculously large number of ST holders for the size of the stadium and memberships are still sold on this facade that there's priority tickets for + membership holders & a ST waiting list that will likely move extremely slowly, as it has done over the past 10 years.

If there's 160k members and 7k tickets, that's less than a 5% chance of getting a ticket were everyone to try. Funnily enough, I have no issue getting tickets for Huddersfield or Brighton but struggle massively for Palace/City/Ajax.

I'm glad you can afford a ST for you and your boy so comfortably. Money is everything these days and as a twenty-something that can't throw around £2k without it being worth it, I mean nothing to the hierarchy at Spurs.

They are talking shit, either are lying or dont know how it works. I was on the ring of doom at 9am. Actually, tried to login to check my Loyalty (joke I know) points, to see if the Palace points had been added, so was caught out that it put me in the queue.

Still cant get past the ring, so feck knows what is happening.

I very much doubt that anyone on the CS desk knows anything technical about the ticketing system. We just need to get it flagged up enough that they look into it properly by someone who manages their supplier account with Ticketmaster.

See the reply i got, they are saying someone queuing at 0900 will be in a better position than someone joining at 0930...

That is patently not true. As evidenced by several reports on this forum alone. I got lucky for the Palace game, but it was on a browser on my phone that I started long after other browsers I had going.

Also I'm fairly sure that the infrastructure isn't quite up to the job they are asking of it. For example I saw someone complaining that they weren't able to click "Choose my own seats" or "Pick seats for me", and the stadium image wont load. I'm convinced this is an issue with the underlying system not being man enough.

There's a way to go on the ticketing system before everyone can be happy they are being treated as fairly as possible.

I think the first and most obvious thing is you should be able to login to your account. Then from there apply for tickets to the game you want. This means one login and one browser open.

For 3 and 1/4 hours I have been unable to even get into my account, so cant do any admin in there, or check for a Spam ticket. It is just pants.

For me, a ST is a massive undertaking from a financial perspective. It's not just the cost of the ST but the travel (I live 50 miles from Spurs), food, drinks etc. As a result, I wasn't prepared to fork out what is going to end up at £2k+ to go to Wembley every other week. I don't think I should be penalised for that. I've been home and away for years (away when members could actually get tickets) but because Spurs were so desperate to fill Wembley, they've offered thousands of extra STs and got buyers on the promise that they will have a ST at the new lane as a result.

The issue is we now have a ridiculously large number of ST holders for the size of the stadium and memberships are still sold on this facade that there's priority tickets for + membership holders & a ST waiting list that will likely move extremely slowly, as it has done over the past 10 years.

If there's 160k members and 7k tickets, that's less than a 5% chance of getting a ticket were everyone to try. Funnily enough, I have no issue getting tickets for Huddersfield or Brighton but struggle massively for Palace/City/Ajax.

I'm glad you can afford a ST for you and your boy so comfortably. Money is everything these days and as a twenty-something that can't throw around £2k without it being worth it, I mean nothing to the hierarchy at Spurs.

The plan was always to have a lot of season ticket holders? And everyone had to go to Wembley.
Including existing season ticket holders.

I feel for you as unlike many on here I think tickets are too expensive and the younger fans are suffering because of it. In my 20s I was able to watch spurs a lot and then when my boy was young that stopped. So yeah in many ways it’s a circle of life. Most ST holders now are older. That’s a fact.

But nobody jumped any queues. That’s premium members and away tickets. A lot of people bought tickets for Wembley not wanting to go there.

But what else could the club do? Play at MK?

I realised a long time ago we are disposable to the club. Loyalty means nothing. £s mean everything.

Same here. 2.5 hours from 10 and 3.5 hours from when I started in the "queue". State of the art ticketing system.

Or maybe "State of the Arc"

Ok, 6 of us members had no luck. Lots of people missing out.

do you think Ev Bar would be up for hosting a viewing of the home leg aswell with it being a huge game!

or is there already somewhere that people will be going to watch this?

I know I'm stating the obvious here but finally got in, the stadium is completely sold out, I just looked for 1 ticket in every section with no luck

Back
Top Bottom