Acceptable netspend this summer ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

looking to sell Dele
Dele Alli. 53 goals. 47 assists. 180 appearances for Tottenham.
Just turned 23.

Somehow though going to Grealish (who I like btw) isn't downgrading despite the fact that Grealish has 1 premier league goal and 1 assist. In Villa's last EPL season before relegation Dele has 1 goal and 2 assists against Villa alone.
Somehow despite an injury riddled season he has 5 goals and 3 assists from 23 league games. Grealish is only 6 and 6 from 30... In the division below.

What a deluded muppet.

The level of double think by some on here is quite something. We cannot compete for major honours due to other teams net spend but seemingly this is an unimportant factor when it’s comes to our recruitment process.

To get the right players in we “need”, the outlay would be around 200m, weather that’s a net loss of 200m or a chunk can be offset by sales of surplus players it doesn’t really matter it just needs doing....COYS

It's not about what we spend it's about the quality of player we bring in.

We don't need benchwarmers, we need players who can challenge for the first team places which means by default we will need to spend a significant amount of money imo so it's pointless trying to calculate it.

Last edited:
Just turned 23.

Somehow though going to Grealish (who I like btw) isn't downgrading despite the fact that Grealish has 1 premier league goal and 1 assist. In Villa's last EPL season before relegation Dele has 1 goal and 2 assists against Villa alone.
Somehow despite an injury riddled season he has 5 goals and 3 assists from 23 league games. Grealish is only 6 and 6 from 30... In the division below.

What a deluded muppet.
Shall we sign Beckham, he was good once

We’d be lucky to get 15m from a newly promoted side. You can twist it all you want but he’s an average player and nothing more. Your true colours have been shown again btw - looking to sell Dele and Eriksen cause of one bad result. Melting clown
I’m willing to sell them because I don’t think we’ll ever see them at the levels of the Leicester season again.
I don’t think Dele will ever hit 18 goals in a season again and I’m struggling to him getting 10 again.
It’s basically Jermain Jenas. Be brave, cash in, improve the team.

My thoughts on Eriksen are well known.....but you say after one game? You said I hated them for years.....one game Hahah

Our squad is woefully unequipped to cope with a 60 game season. Given that we’ve spent practically fuck all for three transfer windows and of squad deficiencies - and considering that even average PL players go for silly money now - I think we need to be having a £100m+ net spend.

We will lose Toby. For a paltry £25m. Eriksen is most likely off, or needing to be sold to avoid losing him for nothing.

Without even thinking of those two, we need a new RB, LB, DM, CF and possibly other MF options. Quality PL players in those positions will mean an outlay of £150m to £200m...

Eriksen, Dele, Aurier, Trippier, Lamela, Dier, Janssen, Llorente, Rose.....plus Toby is off anyway.

Easily 200M in today’s market there.

If people stop lying to themselves, they know full well that Dele and Eriksen can be upgraded with no effort at all.
That’s being brave....it feels like they’ve run their courses here and have fuck all left to offer.
I’d happily see all that lot moved on.
Eriksen and Dele upgraded easily? How if I may ask?

The level of double think by some on here is quite something. We cannot compete for major honours due to other teams net spend but seemingly this is an unimportant factor when it’s comes to our recruitment process.
I don't often agree with you, but tbf you've just hit the nail firmly on the head!
If net spend is so unimportant, why are we berating other clubs for spending more than us!

I don't often agree with you, but tbf you've just hit the nail firmly on the head!
If net spend is so unimportant, why are we berating other clubs for spending more than us!
Net spend for net spend’s sake is silly - it proves nothing. It’s quite obvious that the important thing is who you spend it on. It could be both a good and a bad thing. Look at Brighton, look at Utd. It needs to be looked at in context.

I’m absolutely not against spending money that we have. I am against wasting money on benchwarmers.

Eriksen and Dele upgraded easily? How if I may ask?
By signing players that have been better than them this season, or have an urge to be at a big club that is Spurs.

Sorry, but I’m not going to have this bullshit conversation about how Dele is only 23. He was better when he was 19.

Eriksen is powder puff mate.

Both players I actually feel for and hold Poch largely responsible for their regression, but if its them or Poch, then bye bye boys.

Just turned 23.

What a deluded muppet.
He just called him Jermaine Jenas. Guy is a pathetic troll - nothing more

I can't be bothered to read all that , its a simple question no need for the bs
You're waisting valuable minutes of your life engaging with Airfixx Airfixx , mate.

He presents himself as the model fan, but is quick to ridicule or insult those who challenge his opinion :angryscouser::angryscouser:

Airfixx Airfixx has very low aspirations for his football club. He thinks we never had it so good and should just be greatful to even share the same pitch as the likes of Dortmund or Barcelona .

Airfixx Airfixx sees transfers as a plaything of the rich and wealthy and doesn't think we have the right to join in.
He would get more satisfaction from seeing Spurs move up a couple of places in the Deloitte Money League than winning the Champions league.

Airfixx Airfixx also has a disturbing habit of stalking me round the forum and tagging me ( John Thomas John Thomas ) at every opportunity. Maybe 3 or 4 times a day.

It's your choice, but my advice would be to leave Airfixx Airfixx , with his low self esteem and poor sense of humour, alone in his bubble of righteousness.

Back
Top Bottom