Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of you posters disgust me - beyond belief.

All you live for is to point out negatives, complain about our players and shit on the team, the tactics, the team formation, the manager - yada yada yada

What the fuck is the matter with you people? Is it more important for you to audition for being a pundit on MOTD/BT Sports/NBC – than it is to stand behind the team and say something that makes you sound like you are supporters?

Some of you say the most incredibly crass things, and you have no awareness of the impact that you have on people (like me) who hate to see us play poorly, but care enough to not want to simply pour scorn on the efforts our players are making.

You posters are the equivalent of people who might turn up at a major accident and instead of encouraging and helping the injured, would simply find a stick to poke in their wounds and say, “shit, that must hurt, you will probably die from that!”

Be ashamed

And you’re like the bloke who stands there shouting “awwwww unlucky mate, nearly missed her” to the cunt driver who just mowed down and old lady on a zebra crossing

Sometimes Mick the glass is actually half empty.

Its just hard not to feel deflated. Make no mistake this is our best chance to get into a Champions League final probably for many many years to come, but injuries and poor squad management could cost us. Ajax are a fine side, some top class technical players, but they're beatable.

Some things to to be cheerful about though..
- Ajax have the Dutch cup final next Sunday which should hopefully take something out of them.
- They haven't won a home game against decent opposition this season in the CL.
- The players we'll have back. I genuinely think if we just had one of Kane or Son to play instead of Llorente we would have scored one this evening.

Look, I'm one of the guys that will call out Trippier for the smallest mistake, but he was decent tonight. A bit shit at crossing, but one of his best performances of the year defensively. If he played like he did against City on that 2nd leg, we would've been hammered tonight. Good thing I didn't check the forum at all tonight and watched the game with a clear head. Some of you lot inject negativity even on the brightest situation. A 1-0 defeat at home is not ideal, far from it, but we're still IN THE FUCKING TIE. I, for one, believe in this team with Son, Sissoko and hopefully Jan. COYS!

This is what happens when you don’t invest in the squad. Prime fucking example. We put on defenders down a goal. That’s just fucked

Llorente starting as our strikeforce in the Cl semi finals ha fucking ha , but no , we don't need to strengthen our squad.

And he's starting against Bournemouth and Everton too , bye bye CL next season.

People actually said we're a better side without Harry Kane lol, the "football" we played out there today was fucking atrocious, yet we're some how still in this. Hopefully we have the world class Son for the second leg, not the one we occasionally get who can't control a football, because if that Son turns up we have no chance.

This Ajax team play some pretty stuff, but they really aren't that good, we shouldn't be going out to them, our side of a couple years ago absolutely wipes the floor with this lot.

That could have ended a lot worse. Positives to take from the second half, and with Son to come back it’s far from over. Alli and Eriksen really need to step up. Very poor today.

Back
Top Bottom