Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tonight broke my heart. I don't think the tie is dead. Iam going out to the Dam with a very remote chance of ticket but my heart was broken none the less. Danny Rose has always been my touch stone. He is the heart beat of this side and he was brilliant tonight but yet not good enough, the sight of Danny Rose playing to the edge of his capabilities yet still not enough at the very highest level broke me. We have got so far but we really need to look at whose going to get at us to the next level. Danny's lack of final ball is not good enough for a team that wants to win the league or champions league and that breaks my heart. Hopefully I will be proven wrong come on you Spurs.

We can still do this

They hung on and wasted time for most of the second half

This was their chance to put it beyond us and they blew it

Micky Hazard is right

I think everyone would agree that Eriksen and Trippier have been below their best this season, and this game was no exception. We were also without Son, Kane, Lamela, and Winks and Sissoko and Vertonghen could only manage around a half each between them.

Ajax are supposedly the best team in Europe at the moment,and yet they managed to get one dodgy goal (so much for VAR) and then sat 10 men behind the ball. For most of the second half it was like watching us play Burnley or Brighton.

Still it didn't stop the usual suspects from crawling out from under their stones, and despite claiming to be Spurs fans, gleefully take turns to stick the knife into Levy, Pochettino, and half our team.

If you'd offered me 0-1 before the game, I'd have bitten your hand off. I'm confident we'll beat this lot by a goal or two, (although being Spurs it probably won't be the easy way...) and hopefully get a complacent Barcelona in the Final.

To dare is to do!

Is it just me or has this team gone backwards.. what has happened to the energetic creative team that presses high up the pitch and smothers teams with there energy and tactics...poch and the team don't seem to do any of that anymore....embarassing...

It’s you

Look at our injuries and schedule with the squad we have and we’re still in it

THIS kind of shit winds me up & shows the media editorial is run by kids or something.

I think this kid is a baller BUT he wasn't tonight. Of cause he was involved in their sensational 25mins in the first half but what player of theirs wasn't? BUT after that period and especially when Sissoko came on we shut him out of the game, he disappeared.

There star player IMO was Donny van de Beek who was brilliant all night.

THIS kind of shit winds me up & shows the media editorial is run by kids or something.

I think this kid is a baller BUT he wasn't tonight. Of cause he was involved in their sensational 25mins in the first half but what player of theirs wasn't? BUT after that period and especially when Sissoko came on we shut him out of the game, he disappeared.

You just know that they were always gonna Tweet that regardless of his performance.

We've got the 2nd leg 2-1 away goal victory. Winning goal courtesy of a scintillating 30 yard header off the back of llorente's head and he'll know nothing about it. True hero.

We can still do this

They hung on and wasted time for most of the second half

This was their chance to put it beyond us and they blew it

Micky Hazard is right
Oh Bazali Bazali i still believe we can turn this but Danny rose being brillant yet still good enough sums up our squad. If we want to beat City and Liverpool in the league than we may have to look at some of our favourite sons

De Jong was invisible tonight, not that it mattered. van de Beek was a boss.

Vertonghen has passed all the concussion tests apparently.

Will be further assessed.
I love the guy, but if he has sense and good medical advice that’s him for the season. There’s getting a bit dizzy after a knock, and there’s losing motor control of your limbs and vomiting. All the signs of a serious concussion. Seen and had my fair share, memory loss comes next.

You just can’t tell as a doc though, until those symptoms show. He seemed fine.

Rest up Jan, I think Foyth has got this

I was massively impressed by you for the first 30 minutes and I started to believe the hype that surrounds you, but then after the substitution of Jan for Sissoko, and we figured you out, I honestly feel that you may have lost your chance to finish us off.

Maybe i'm being over optimistic, but I saw signs tonight that we can get at you with a bit more quality and someone like Son who can actually finish.
Ajax just played a very bad game this evening... That can happen sometimes and in this case it was even enough to win the game. And overhyped? Maybe...But if we are overhyped, Juve, Real and Manchester City are too. No team is capable of playing dream football all the time.
So, again, may the best team win...!

We have to chase the game and they'll be seen as favourites. Fear of loss for our boys missing out on the most glorious nights of their passion and them knowing we would have had them if it wasn't for main strikers 1 & 2 not playing tonight could do some serious things to us and them.

0-1 isn't a great result but we can go there and we can turn up. Sissoko scared them, as will Son. We aren't out of this one yet so keep fighting and keep believing yiddos

100% we DO NOT have to chase the game for the first 20 mins.

In that period it is about being tight, controlled and aggressive.

Then we can play on their apprehension.

I make that 8 defeats in something like 12 games in all competitions

Worrying stat to say the least even with all the injuries

It's 8 from 14, but if Aubameyang makes that penalty it's 9, and we were utterly battered in the first half at Dortmund as well and might well have lost that under different circumstances.

Honestly, New Year's Day at Cardiff is probably our most recent excellent performance.

Back
Top Bottom