Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tonight? If so that's insane. Unfortunately football has succumbed to the dross of social media and capitalism mate. The real fans pushed out by the day breakers and guttersnipe.

Incredible really, it's Ok to insult a footballer but you can't stand or have designated standing areas without getting slung out. Really disappointing

You should never abuse players who give their all for the club, success or failure. Lazy wantaway bums like Adebayor are one thing, but Sissoko has been busting his ass from day 1 here.

The same is true of Kieran Trippier, I'd point out.

Tonight? If so that's insane. Unfortunately football has succumbed to the dross of social media and capitalism mate. The real fans pushed out by the day breakers and guttersnipe.

Incredible really, it's Ok to insult a footballer but you can't stand or have designated standing areas without getting slung out. Really disappointing
No, sorry if I misread your post. Not tonight but in his first two seasons.

Agree 100%
Sometimes wonder whether they watch the same game as the rest of us.

The most annoying thing is the journo tendency to mark everyone up or down by 1 or 2 points simply for being on the winning or losing team. It's a bit like when Garth Crook's team of the week comes out and it's pretty much "who scored at the weekend?".

I noted that the media was a bit down on Rose last night (I think the Guardian gave him a '5' out of 10) which is ridiculous. If not for his and Sissoko's efforts last night we'd have been out of this tie.

Effort is one thing but you also need to show quality, and Rose didn't have one decent delivery all night. If you try hard for 90 minutes but let the opponent score a goal and don't create any chances yourself, 5 out of 10 is about right.

I don’t think he meant last night, people were abusing when he was poor, last season.

Effort is one thing but you also need to show quality, and Rose didn't have one decent delivery all night. If you try hard for 90 minutes but let the opponent score a goal and don't create any chances yourself, 5 out of 10 is about right.

His final ball was definitely lacking, but he was more than effort last night - he continually harrassed and won the ball back in dangerous situations. Even if he could have carried some of the blame for the goal, he also cleared for what would almost certainly have been their 2nd goal.

It was a 7/10 performance for me, let down by his final ball (as is the case for everyone).

Back
Top Bottom