Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

there is no need for kane to play Wednesday, we scored 3 goals against city without him and we can do the same against ajax!besides its not worth the risk of him inuring himself before the final! :levyeyes:

I am absolutely NOT a fan of Mourinho, be he's absolutely spot on how to beat Ajax. Well worth a listen. (This was recorded 1 1/2 weeks ago).

When we disrupted them they didn't have anything, nor did we (much) but with Son back against a side that we leave us spaces for him (and Lucas).

Last edited:
Fucking hell! So he didn't score against West Ham, means he won't score against Ajax does it? You fucking useless turd.

Want me to list the games he HAS scored in? Because that would be about as relevant as your idiotic comment. You fucking spanner.

How dare you challenge THE DARK LOOOORD?????

Bwwwwwaahahahaha :dembelelol:

I am absolutely NOT a fan of Mourinho, be he's absolutely spot on how to beat Ajax. Well worth a listen. (This was recorded 1 1/2 weeks ago).

When we disrupted them they didn't have anything, nor did we (much) but with Son back against a side that we leave us spaces for him (and Lucas).

In fairness, what else does one expect from Maureen except "disruption"....

:baletroll:

Quite a lot of Ajax in my block last night. Be interested to now how they got tickets.
Our fans chanted their lungs out, so I believe 95% of them didn't have a clue that the Champions League anthem was being played. I was at a pub which unexpectidly turned down the volume of the game after about 13 minutes, so I don't know how the atmosphere was after that point, but from what I've heard and from whatI saw at the beginning of the match, the fans were magic, I've NEVER seen a set of fans outchant the speakers of a stadium.

No doubt about it Ajax are a talented side, but last night was as good as they can play. Have they any improvement in them? Where’s Spurs have the potential and the ability to improve, Sonny will be back and the weak links in the Ajax side are in defense. Moura sticking to the right can do a job on Taglifico, Son’s pace and movement will cause them problems. Dele on the left with Danny bombing on.

And in 11 CL games this season we haven’t led at halftime.

No matter what happens we’ve made a CL semifinal, 10 years ago just getting into the CL was a dream. I’ve been following THFC for 40 years, (apart from not picking up any silverware) the last 5 years have been immensely enjoyable and memorable, the most enjoyable for me since the the early to mid eighties.

Quite a lot of Ajax in my block last night. Be interested to now how they got tickets.

The one behind me had a stadium card.
Not sure about his two mates and the other couple of dozen celebrating in 113 at the end.
The three got removed after the bloke next to me alerted the stewards.
They did nothing about the others though.
Must have been tired from threatening to chuck us out if we didn't sit down.
(Everybody had been standing up to that point, no fan bother).

Watched the first few minutes - will watch the rest this evening.

He's a funny one Mourinho; absolute penis when he's managing, but very interesting and engaging when he's not involved in the game. He relaxes and laughs at himself.
Watched him during the World Cup coverage of RT. As you said, an absolute tit on the touchline, but I would much rather listen to him than all of the other pundits combined. His analysis and understanding of the game puts every pundit I've ever listened to to absolute shame. I tried to listen to the idiots at ESPN after I listened to Mourinho, and they were unbearable.

Watched him during the World Cup coverage of RT. As you said, an absolute tit on the touchline, but I would much rather listen to him than all of the other pundits combined. His analysis and understanding of the game puts every pundit I've ever listened to to absolute shame. I tried to listen to the idiots at ESPN after I listened to Mourinho, and they were unbearable.

how's he managed to be so unsuccessful of late then?

In fairness, what else does one expect from Maureen except "disruption"....

:baletroll:
The key thing for me is "don't give them the game they want". We did precisely this in the first 30mins. We changed things when Sissoko came on and collectively got more physical in the 2nd half.

To prove the point:
Schone last night said after the game, "The second half was more a game of physical duels and battles and that is not our cup of tea."

Our fans chanted their lungs out, so I believe 95% of them didn't have a clue that the Champions League anthem was being played. I was at a pub which unexpectidly turned down the volume of the game after about 13 minutes, so I don't know how the atmosphere was after that point, but from what I've heard and from whatI saw at the beginning of the match, the fans were magic, I've NEVER seen a set of fans outchant the speakers of a stadium.
We tried in the second half. The loudest oh when the spurs was around 60 minutes.
I was above the ajax fans. At the beginning of the game they looked around in amazement. Even the Ultras shut up. Every time we chanted they stopped. I assume because it drowned out what they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom