Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To dare is to leave your best player on the bench when clearly fit

C"mon dude, it's not unreasonable to conclude it was a risk Poch wanted to avoid.

i.e.

Ajax (H) (+ a possible recurrence of injury)

vs.

3 (4) subsequent remaining games (if given that little extra time to recoup).

We should just be thankful he came out of the game ok cos evidently he's essential to us right now. If he'd started and pulled up on the 60min mark; that's likely season over.

Kane comes back 'early'; him & Poch are cunts.... i.e. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It boosted everyone in the stadium yesterday, when he came off the bench (not that I wanted Jan to come off obviously). We are a much better side when he plays, no statistics will convince me otherwise.
It is truly amazing how he has turned around, maybe it's simply that he's playing in his best position and now has the backing of his manager, team mates and supporters alike.

To dare is to leave your best player on the bench when clearly fit

Except Moussa himself has since said:

"I was positive in my mind. I said if I had the opportunity to come in, I’d give everything. That’s what I’ve done. Frustrated? Yes. Not with the manager but because it was the semi-final of the Champions League. Every player on the bench was frustrated not to play but I wasn’t 100 per cent fit to start."

But hey don't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge ......

Let's hope he is 100% fit for next week .......

The bottle this man has shown with us is something I have never seen before. To be criticised so so much by everyone from media to our own fans, to lack the finesse to really be a top midfielder but to show the mettle and tenacity he has is really quite something. He was magnificent the other night and I have never been happier to see such a transformation of a player.
No wonder the rest of the squad love him so much.

Dele, Eriksen and co would do well to have the determination he has shown.

Except Moussa himself has since said:

"I was positive in my mind. I said if I had the opportunity to come in, I’d give everything. That’s what I’ve done. Frustrated? Yes. Not with the manager but because it was the semi-final of the Champions League. Every player on the bench was frustrated not to play but I wasn’t 100 per cent fit to start."

But hey don't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge ......

Let's hope he is 100% fit for next week .......
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

If you can play 70 minutes, it really doesn’t matter if it’s the first or last 70 minutes.

The bloke came on and ran the midfield.
So logic says we may have had the game won and then took him off early instead.

Same fitness levels required

If you can play 70 minutes, it really doesn’t matter if it’s the first or last 70 minutes.

He should be ok for 90 on Wednesday though

The bottle this man has shown with us is something I have never seen before.
I think we had actually seen a somewhat similar story before him - Harry Kane. Bale went through the same process of transforming from zero to hero but I think it was more his natural talent that pushed him through rather than sheer determination like with Sissoko and Kane.

i'm inclined to agree with this. We have to assume if he was only fit enough to play a cameo role then Poch wouldn't have brought him on that early. (unless we believe he would risk a player). Therefore the medical team deemed him fit enough for over an hours play - i'd have made it the first hour personally.

Not quite the same. The last 70 minutes are going to be a bit easier than the first 70 mins just on the assumption of reduced energy levels of others.

Your point is otherwise sound in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom