The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a quick one as I'm away and have limited access to this glorious little site.

For those of you who I'm sure are ripping the team at the moment for the season we've had, one thing:

You can't have it both ways. We achieved our objective this season, which to anyone with sense saw it was top 4. If you're unhappy with the performance but not the result poke it. You're the same people that aren't satisfied when we play well and don't achieve so you can't have it any other way.

We have achieved a realistic objective & still have a fighting chance of cup glory. Stop being so particular about it and realise that with no home, no preseason, no signings etc it's a great result and ultimately it is a results business. We huffed, puffed but we got the most we could have expected and we still have an outside chance of more. Chill out and decide if it's about the end result or the performance as you can't have it both ways.

6th richest club and we've yet again qualified for a tournament in the hardest league in the world we financially have no right being in, one that springboards us yet again next season, one that helps close the gap and one we can still actually win.

COYS!!!!

Just a small not of caution PL, shouldn't we wait until we actually make sure (see 15/16 season eg) before we suck each off and tar and feather the nay sayers?

For what it's worth, I think our performances have been pretty poor generally, we've been exceedingly lucky that Arse, Chelsea and ManU are all going through managerial transition and performing poorly as well, and that this PL is the strongest it's ever been from 7th down, meaning that all our rivals have found results as hard to come by as we have.

I'm not saying we don't deserve 4th, I think that's just about where we do deserve to be. And I'm someone who will happily give us credit when we play well but don't win. But this season, really good 90 minute performances have been pretty thin on the ground, luckily that goes for everyone around us.

tumblr_mgsmgveNwG1rzapx4o1_500.gif

:pochbye:

Just a small not of caution PL, shouldn't we wait until we actually make sure (see 15/16 season eg) before we suck each off and tar and feather the nay sayers?

For what it's worth, I think our performances have been pretty poor generally, we've been exceedingly lucky that Arse, Chelsea and ManU are all going through managerial transition and performing poorly as well, and that this PL is the strongest it's ever been from 7th down, meaning that all our rivals have found results as hard to come by as we have.

I'm not saying we don't deserve 4th, I think that's just about where we do deserve to be. And I'm someone who will happily give us credit when we play well but don't win. But this season, really good 90 minute performances have been pretty thin on the ground, luckily that goes for everyone around us.

Its done now, we all know there won’t be an 8 goal swing with them playing Burnley 3 days after Valencia away, it’s all good.

What I will say is I’m really not happy with the performances of late but I have complete empathy with the club and team being hamstrung. We clearly need to find a better verve to our style but we got there in the end which is better than sparkling football and finishing 5th.

A depleted squad and we got there. Huge room for improvement but my message is more for those that have a pop when we fall short. It was huge we got top 4 and it looks like we got it, that’s all that matters in what has been a gruelling, gruesome season when it was all stacked against us from stadium delays through to c285 individual injuries & suspensions across the whole campaign

From all the moments in a season it’s always fun to think back to incidents that seemed to be definitive.....

For example. Aubameyang v Lloris. Last moments Wembley stadium ( Claimed to be “my fucking house” by A wrong Un Ramsey” ) on 2 March.

Nah. Not this time you bunch of cunts. Have some Lasanga and offer a two year deal to Martin Fulop.

It's all just been a game of 4D Chess played by Poch. Utd have ended up stuck with Ole in the Europa, Chelsea stuck with Sarri and a transfer ban and Woolwich have just wasted a lot of energy for nothing and will probably get hammered by Valencia now.

I agree that we are probably where we should be. But goodperformances have been have been pretty thin on the ground this season. Yes no pre season, lots of injuries blah blah...all the other big clubs also have these issues to deal with too...nit they attempt to negate this issue by strengthening the squad.....we don't do that, we are the only club who keeps saying we are ambitious and want to compete but we do not shoe it or act like that at all.......

I agree that we are probably where we should be. But goodperformances have been have been pretty thin on the ground this season. Yes no pre season, lots of injuries blah blah...all the other big clubs also have these issues to deal with too...nit they attempt to negate this issue by strengthening the squad.....we don't do that, we are the only club who keeps saying we are ambitious and want to compete but we do not shoe it or act like that at all.......

It was one year with no signings; not 10.

Lighten up.... Today was a good day for THFC. :)

I've just seen the results, and are we lucky fuckers or what. We barely deserve it based on the shit form, but let's just take it and get the fuck out of this season asap. We got so much rebuilding to do in the summer.

I really don’t remember a season like it. It’s like opposite world, with teams trying to compete with one another on who can underperform the most.

So many bad things about yesterday, but United and Woolwich have decided to come to our rescue. Son will hopefully play on Wednesday like a man possessed, because he has been granted one hell of a reprieve today. Thanks to today he won’t have that cloud hanging over him, and the whole team should feel a massive sense of relief.

Cheers United and Farcenal

hannibalateam.jpg

Back
Top Bottom