We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bought a pair of otters in celebration. They’re going to live in the lake at the back with the tapirs. I never thought I’d get to say that. Thank you Spurs, and thank you TFC for allowing me to share that with the world.

I’ve already built them a little hut.
If you get the opportunity joe... can you ask them why they never eat the whole fish

It’s a mystery to me

You made yourself look like a horse’s arse - you’re a disgrace.
LMAO...really...
So u believed at half time they would win, and you didn't think they had been playing shit for months..well check the form guide our points tally since January was pathetic...so we all bow to you who knew it was possible even though nothing has pointed to it being a real possibility that they would fight back.............im glad they did and you and your comments really do not concern me tbh. I'm a grown man and I say what I think and feel, I'm also happy to apologise when wrong. Unlike some.. But at least I say what I really think instead of just following the party line as if I worked for prime minister levy.......COYS

I don't know. We didn't win that much in Europe lately and still played it.

There is a story behind that song. In 2008, in a period Ajax didn't win shit, this song was played during a practice match in Cardiff. It was at that point that Ajax supporters embraced the song, believing that everything was gonna be alright.

Not that you would give a fuck.
That's a really good story.

I love that song, it's much better than that crap the Dippers sing or "Always look on the bright side of life" and I've always liked Ajax.

Of course Bob Marley was a Spurs fan.

LMAO...really...
So u believed at half time they would win, and you didn't think they had been playing shit for months..well check the form guide our points tally since January was pathetic...so we all bow to you who knew it was possible even though nothing has pointed to it being a real possibility that they would fight back.............im glad they did and you and your comments really do not concern me tbh. I'm a grown man and I say what I think and feel, I'm also happy to apologise when wrong. Unlike some.. But at least I say what I really think instead of just following the party line as if I worked for prime minister levy.......COYS
You are welcome to slag the players off as much as you want as is anyone but to savagely and repeatedly slate players in the middle of the game and then revel in the glory of those shit players reaching the final of the champions league is rather hypocritical.
Poor defending cost us 2 goals in the first half but as the statistics show we bossed large parts of the first half and I felt we had played ok and created several chances to show Ajax were not unbeatable and that there was still hope. Admittedly I said to my sons at half time it LOOKS like there will be no need to look for flights to Madrid on the 1st June but hey 45 crazy amazing minutes later that will live with me forever I am indeed looking for flights to Madrid.

Whatever this group of players do in the future I will not slate them in the middle of a game - They have collectively given me so much joy and pleasure over the last couple of years I will support them and believe in them. If they come up short so what? They give their all when wearing the shirt of the team I SUPPORT and that is all I can or will ever ask.

Quite interesting...........

D6KfQ4FXkAUxSpt.png

D6KfTa3XoAIuI1B.png

D6KfZzAW4AI_WD3.png

D6KfdRWW0AEMtdX.png

Unreal this was the same team that had 9 for an entire second half just 4 days before. the adrenaline for them to push through a full 90 like that has to be crazy.

....incredibly wide open game - both clubs came determined to "play football" - Ajax to their detriment...could have been 6-8 Spurs, easily...
...have never seen Spurs play with as much confidence as they did in the 2nd half - the product of many crushing losses, I'm sure....honorable mentions to Hugo, Christian, Lucas (of course), Dele (mad skillz), Rose, Sissoko, Verts, Toby, 'Nando, and the goalpost...see you at the final...
COYS

I don't know. We didn't win that much in Europe lately and still played it.

There is a story behind that song. In 2008, in a period Ajax didn't win shit, this song was played during a practice match in Cardiff. It was at that point that Ajax supporters embraced the song, believing that everything was gonna be alright.

Not that you would give a fuck.
Sure that song works for both good times and bad. It means a lot to me now, it will always remind me of that night.
I like it over "Can't Smile Without You" since that was from the memories of a previous generation so I hope our lot adopt it at least for a little while.
After all, our players were singing "wonderwall" of all songs in the dressing room!

I had to work during the match. I had given a warning to a few of my friends not to text about the game. Felt safe, but then I got a text from a rando that knew I was Spurs. FML.

It turned out to be a good thing in the end. I got home, watched the match and still nearly had a heart attack. In fact, I owe that friend a beer because after the second Ajax goal, I probably would have broken my TV .

As we went into added time, I started to doubt my friend knew what the fuck he was talking about. Perhaps we fucking lost, and he didn't know his ass from his elbow (possible if you know him). Jesus, and then it gets to the fucking last 45 goddamn seconds left and I'm like "That shit, he was just fucking with me." I'm all like shit, we are going to lose AND i'm taking shit for it with sarcastic texts.

And then Lucas roars in and we are FUCKING GOLDEN GODS!!!!!!

It's past midnight and I am jumping and fist pumping and fired, fucking , up.

What a fucking match. The ultimate display in digging deep and never giving up. Relentless. Glorious. Fantastic.

Each year I get a kit top, and my choices are fairly random on who is on the back, but I try and prognosticate who will be the big influence that season. This past fall I went with a Lucas third kit. I have always liked his forward movement, his aggression, and his creativity. After last season I felt like he was destined for great things. When he shines, he shines bright. And now that kit stands as an emblem of all things great and honorable about this club: tenacity, indomitability, fearlessness, class.

We are Tottenham Hotspur. Glory, Glory.

COYS

You are welcome to slag the players off as much as you want as is anyone but to savagely and repeatedly slate players in the middle of the game and then revel in the glory of those shit players reaching the final of the champions league is rather hypocritical.
Poor defending cost us 2 goals in the first half but as the statistics show we bossed large parts of the first half and I felt we had played ok and created several chances to show Ajax were not unbeatable and that there was still hope. Admittedly I said to my sons at half time it LOOKS like there will be no need to look for flights to Madrid on the 1st June but hey 45 crazy amazing minutes later that will live with me forever I am indeed looking for flights to Madrid.

Whatever this group of players do in the future I will not slate them in the middle of a game - They have collectively given me so much joy and pleasure over the last couple of years I will support them and believe in them. If they come up short so what? They give their all when wearing the shirt of the team I SUPPORT and that is all I can or will ever ask.
Fair play to you mate. I hope you get those flights and we beat Liverpool so your sons can have an amazing night seeing there team become champions of Europe. I remember how amazing it was to watch finals as a kid. But some of us have just become a little disillusioned due to the length of time that Mr levy has consistently made the type of decisions that are designed to keep shareholders happy and not supporters, I personally do not trust or believe him. Maybe I should trust this team a little more, but they have been a bit flakey this season. And to constantly keep making the same mistakes in games does not show that they are learning from those mistakes. I won't be able to go to Madrid, if we do win I will think of you and your sons with a smile that they have had one if the best days probably ever in there lives.

LMAO...really...
So u believed at half time they would win...
No idea about him, but I did.
When I was a kid, if the nuns at school had explained Catholicism to me in terms of being a Spurs supporter, I think I might have understood what they were banging on about.

Half time Whatsapp between my daughter and me...

T7KuHhN.jpg

I believe it was not wearing the lucky socks that did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom