We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That didn’t happen. What happened was a number of posters came on to post how annoying it was to have to listen to a bunch of whining cunts slaughtering our team, simply because it made them feel better.

And yes, it does make them better fans than you. You think all fans are the same? They’re not. Some are delightful individuals and some are just plain toxic waste.
As it happens, my post at half time was that we weren’t playing as bad as 2-0 suggested. Not sure how much more positive I’m required to be to get the badge of “as good a fan as others”, but didn’t think I was that negative.

Thought it was more negative to give it “fuck the melters”, when all I could think was how well we’d done, not how negatively other fans had behaved on a forum that makes no difference to the result anyway.

But hey, I’ll keep doing things my way. I don’t need validation from a few strangers.

Just driven home from work listening to Talk Sport. For once that miserable shit Cundy isn't on there and hearing them talk about our achievement getting to the final, beating Ajax as we did.
I had a moment where I had to think we are actually in the Champions League Final!!!! We are 1 game away from winning it. My normal mindset is to assume we can't do it but then I allow myself to dream and it feels sooo sooo good.

My binge drinking finally fell apart at 4pm today....

Just woken..... Utterly broken.... In another country; but warm and fuzzy.

Love u Spurs. xxxxx

p.s. Hope everybody got home from 'Dam safely.

Last edited:
I did a post ages ago and can’t find the fucker now, how I treat spurs like you would your own kid, of course they can frustrate you that’s life.

I can just imagine how some of these would behave at their own kids football matches, swearing at their own teams players, the ref and giving their son a thick ear for missing a penalty, that’s not support in any sense of the word

Fuck me, the bollocks some of you come out with.

As it happens, my post at half time was that we weren’t playing as bad as 2-0 suggested. Not sure how much more positive I’m required to be to get the badge of “as good a fan as others”, but didn’t think I was that negative.

Thought it was more negative to give it “fuck the melters”, when all I could think was how well we’d done, not how negatively other fans had behaved on a forum that makes no difference to the result anyway.

But hey, I’ll keep doing things my way. I don’t need validation from a few strangers.
I don’t recall your half-time post. I wasn’t talking about you personally. Fair play if you got behind the team at half-time. Well done.

We can’t all be Shakespeare like you and your blog Onions!!

Maybe if I say support should be 32.5 XB (Expected Belief) is that better?!

Just saying as you well know people just go too far too quick in losing situations, you’ve seen it
The guy is such a cunt. He got arrested at Feyenoord don’t you know? The Dutch police aren’t that daft after all - no doubt he wouldn’t shut up about John Pratt being the worst player he’d ever seen in a Spurs shirt and the Dutch old bill deported him for his own safety. From hooligan to utter bore. Life comes at you fast as they say.

My binge drinking finally fell apart at 4pm today....

Just woken..... Utterly broken.... In another country; but warm and fuzzy.

Love u Spurs. xxxxx

p.s. Hope everybody got home from 'Dam safely.

Also for the record:

Telling Bayen plastics around Berlin that they're not on our level is seriously good fun! :thumbup:

This video is so good.

- Ajax player crying on the floor
- Everyone acknowledging Lucas
- Kane coming out of nowhere
- Wanyama just hobbling across the screen
- Skipp looking like a lost 18 year old having no idea how to celebrate
- Sissoko breaking Kanes ribs with a bear hug
- The absolute roar of our fans
- Jesus and Poch hugging the shit out of Lucas
- Poch and Lloris having a forceful loving
- Sissoko knocking on Lucas' shiny head

Love every second of it

Hugo 'broke Poch'; he was holding it together til then...... :dierpochhug:

RAWK again:

“No matter what happens, our opponents will be not just first timers, but first timers with the added ‘what a dream to even be here’ factor that we had last season. They will have a certain freedom because of that. They will have nothing to lose.

So how do we take a team with nothing to lose, and make sure that they lose everything, nonetheless?

We become that bastard, stubborn, resolute and impossible to breach Liverpool that’s been so dominant this season. We spoil, we ruin, we let them expend their energy. We understand that the longer the game remains even, the more likely we are to win it. We understand that the more they come at us, the more likely they are to be open at the back. We realise that teams are often at their most vulnerable when they’re at their most positive – a counter attack, a cool finish, a ‘first chance of the night against the run of play’ taken, and reality comes crashing in on the power of hope and dream.

And then, if they have any fight left in them, we take the sting out of the game. We keep possession when necessary. Take the ball when necessary. Defend deep when necessary. Foul the young ingenue out of the game when necessary. We do whatever is necessary. And when our opponent pauses, in the flurry of his youthful intensity, that’s when we plunge our hidden knife deep, deep, deep into a heart that was just not broken enough to fight men like us.

And our hand of death, in twisting the knife, will show every bit of the hard-won skill and ability which lies behind our ruthlessness.

The crushing embrace of inevitability overcomes them. An Icarussing of our opponents: “Who were we, to reach so high? Did we really dare to raise ourselves to the redness of that Liverpool sun? How nice to have flown, but how inevitable that our pale wings should melt, and we should come crashing down into the sea, here, where it’s cool. Here, where gravity doesn’t pull us down anymore. Here, where we belong.”

We do that not because we are cruel – but because this is not a game to us. This is not a beautiful journey. This is who we are. This is what we do.

This is our destiny.

Dreams are beautiful. Dreams give you wings.

But destiny is the sun.

And the sun is red.”

What is wrong with these cunts? Seriously. And they don’t understand why every single fan in England hates them? They’re demented. And their hubris is going to bite them on their fat, shit poetry, GOT, arrogant arses. Simply the most disgusting fan base out there. They haven’t been champions for 30 years. Who the fuck are they? Christ they’ve finished behind us 8 out 10 seasons in the league. My word, who do they think they are? And what Spurs’ fan would commit the vomit above to the internet? Jesus Christ. Are they all on spice and white lightening?

Spirit of Shankly my arse. He’d be ashamed of their fans today.

Last edited:
I don’t recall your half-time post. I wasn’t talking about you personally. Fair play if you got behind the team at half-time. Well done.
I didn’t get behind the team at half time. That’s a fair bit of my point. Nobody on here got behind the team at half time. Every single one of us posted ill informed shite on a forum.

If I’d been lucky enough to be at the ground, I’d not just have muttered to myself that we’d not played that bad, I’d have been screaming the place down saying we were going to lay waste to the whole planet. That’s getting behind the team. Posting “I think we’re gonna do it” on the Internet is not backing the team.

Also, apparently Kane nipped into the dressing room at half time to tell them they were playing like a bunch of cunts. Have them a proper bollocking apparently.

I assume he’s in the “not a proper fan” category too?

I assume he’s in the “not a proper fan” category too?
No, he’s a professional footballer who is paid a lot of money to score goals and win us football matches, that’s his job. Our job as supporters is to support the team through thick and thin. Everyone can be a critic - it’s the easiest job in the world. You do what you have to do mate - it’s nothing to me.

RAWK again:

“No matter what happens, our opponents will be not just first timers, but first timers with the added ‘what a dream to even be here’ factor that we had last season. They will have a certain freedom because of that. They will have nothing to lose.

So how do we take a team with nothing to lose, and make sure that they lose everything, nonetheless?

We become that bastard, stubborn, resolute and impossible to breach Liverpool that’s been so dominant this season. We spoil, we ruin, we let them expend their energy. We understand that the longer the game remains even, the more likely we are to win it. We understand that the more they come at us, the more likely they are to be open at the back. We realise that teams are often at their most vulnerable when they’re at their most positive – a counter attack, a cool finish, a ‘first chance of the night against the run of play’ taken, and reality comes crashing in on the power of hope and dream.

And then, if they have any fight left in them, we take the sting out of the game. We keep possession when necessary. Take the ball when necessary. Defend deep when necessary. Foul the young ingenue out of the game when necessary. We do whatever is necessary. And when our opponent pauses, in the flurry of his youthful intensity, that’s when we plunge our hidden knife deep, deep, deep into a heart that was just not broken enough to fight men like us.

And our hand of death, in twisting the knife, will show every bit of the hard-won skill and ability which lies behind our ruthlessness.

The crushing embrace of inevitability overcomes them. An Icarussing of our opponents: “Who were we, to reach so high? Did we really dare to raise ourselves to the redness of that Liverpool sun? How nice to have flown, but how inevitable that our pale wings should melt, and we should come crashing down into the sea, here, where it’s cool. Here, where gravity doesn’t pull us down anymore. Here, where we belong.”

We do that not because we are cruel – but because this is not a game to us. This is not a beautiful journey. This is who we are. This is what we do.

This is our destiny.

Dreams are beautiful. Dreams give you wings.

But destiny is the sun.

And the sun is red.”

What is wrong with these cunts? Seriously. And they don’t understand why every single fan in England hates them? They’re demented. And their hubris is going to bite them on their fat, shit poetry, GOT, arrogant arses. Simply the most disgusting fan base out there. They haven’t been champions for 30 years. Who the fuck are they? Christ they’ve finished behind us 8 out 10 seasons in the league. My word, who do they think they are? And what Spurs’ fan would commit the vomit above to the internet? Jesus Christ. Are they all on spice and white lightening?

Spirit of Shankly my arse. He’d be ashamed of their fans today.

I cannot honestly believe somebody wrote that, I read it as one of those psychotic preacher types, they are basically a cult

RegularSolidBarasinga-small.gif

Back
Top Bottom