Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rondon? wtf

here we are, lovely new stadium, increase in revenue stream that brings, top 4 again, CL finalists. All this chat about pushing on next year and we want Rondon to help us do that?!

Jesus.
Mitrovic is the back-up striker we need - young and a bit of a cunt

So when do we start the guesses as to what page we get to before signing a player
:pochlol:
I don’t see us signing anyone before 1st of June, or even the first couple of days after that.

Maybe a player of ours would announce their departure at the most during that time

The window opens on Thursday but I can't see any transfer activity being announced by us before the CL final ... focus is everything not wondering about who you're kicking a ball with next season ...

If we get a quality pacy winger we can just play son/Lucas through the middle without losing our width. Would be better on the counter too. We could also sign a "martial-type" striker who has pace and skill. We need something different up front, something that allows us to get in behind teams more often, especially if we're under the pump away at the other big 6 or in the CL. Having that threat means that sides can't push up on us as much, look what happened after we scored on the counter at Ajax - they shat themselves.

If we get a quality pacy winger we can just play son/Lucas through the middle without losing our width. Would be better on the counter too. We could also sign a "martial-type" striker who has pace and skill. We need something different up front, something that allows us to get in behind teams more often, especially if we're under the pump away at the other big 6 or in the CL. Having that threat means that sides can't push up on us as much, look what happened after we scored on the counter at Ajax - they shat themselves.

Zaha would be perfect. If Kane is injured or unavailable you could have Son, Zaha and Lucas up top, all 3 capable of playing wide or through the middle, the alternating between them would terrify defences.

Zaha would be perfect. If Kane is injured or unavailable you could have Son, Zaha and Lucas up top, all 3 capable of playing wide or through the middle, the alternating between them would terrify defences.

And their combined ability to track back would terrify our defences :)

I'm interested to know how much we might spend this summer. What do people here think? We know Levy has been frugal but we know Poch wants to start the next chapter. i understand the financing is all sorted for the stadium in terms of 10 year ish loans. Last year we made record profits of about £120M and Levy said there is money to spend for the right players so how much of that is available potentially? it won't be all, Levy is prudent, but perhaps £80M? This years CL success wil be a windfall. £88M so fr in prize money, £3.5 to play for. The TV money is on top and I think roughly the same again so ~£175-200M but we base our finances on at least Europa group stage so lets knock some off for that..still leaves a windfall of £125-150M. So, potentially we may have ~£250M to spend on players (net) . Levy won't spend it all in one go ...or maybe he would? when we sold Bale we spent the lot. Anyway I'd reckon its not unrealistic that we could have between £150M and £250M to spend, NET. If we spend that sort of money wisely we will make significant progress! Its still less than Liverpool spent last year, and I'm sure its less than City, and Utd have spent in recent years, but its on a par or more than Woolwich, Chelsea will be losing Hazard and can't buy anybody. I feel confident we can progress, put space between us and the other London clubs hopefully and maybe even close the gap on Liverpool and City.....enough to challenge them though? hmm.

Don’t think we can afford anyone from Leceister or Wolves.

Leicester “let” Mahrez leave and still got £60 million for him.

I agree. Zaha would be the perfect signing rather then signing an out and out striker.

Rondon? wtf

here we are, lovely new stadium, increase in revenue stream that brings, top 4 again, CL finalists. All this chat about pushing on next year and we want Rondon to help us do that?!

Jesus.

Trust
The
Manager

Honestly after what's happened with Sissoko I will think twice about questioning Poch. He is not an idiot, he knows exactly what he wants and we have to trust in him.

I agree. Zaha would be the perfect signing rather then signing an out and out striker.

I think we can have both. It's a long season, we want to compete to win the PL and get to more CL finals. A strong 25 man squad has room for Harry and another out and out striker along with a number of wide forwards who can contribute goals too

Only player I'd want from Leicester is Ndidi.

Brilliant player who's put up excellent numbers this season. Can't believe he's only 22 years old.

3.8 tackles per game
2.2 interceptions per game.

He's completed more tackles in the Premier League then any other player in the league and only Capoue and Wan-Bissaka have made more interceptions than him in the league.

In fact, only two players across Europes top leagues have made more tackles per game than him this season. Idrissa Gueye at Everton and Otavio at Bordeaux.

But he'd cost a fortune.

Best off looking at the likes of Diawara, Berge, Sangare, Grilitsch if we're wanting cheaper alternatives who can put up very solid defensive numbers to sit in front of our back four.

I also think Gueye at Everton is a great player and they've put a £40,000,000 price tag on him. Considering he is 30 years old this year though, we should pass. Diawara has a cheaper asking price and is 8 years younger.

Ndidi - Yes, but only if others aren't available.
Maddison(Leicester) - Yes 100%
Maguire - Yes if Alderweireld leaves.
Gueye - Don't think he's any better than Dier.
Lascelles - Interesting one. Wouldn't be against the signing for the right price.
Ruben Neves - 100000000% yes, would cost a fortune though.
Doucoure - Yes, definitely.
Tarkowski - No
Wan-Bissaka - Yes, definitely.
Lewis cook - Depends how he comes back from his injury.

Would also look at Lewis Dunk, Ryan Fraser and David Brooks.

Hmm Lewis Dunk is an interesting name to throw into the mix if Toby goes as it seems likely he will. He was linked to us when he first came through as a youngster and since then his name has never been mentioned again.

Back
Top Bottom