Safe-standing at White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hate to wade into forum arguments but if you know your history, Tottenham were a club of the people, for the people. It was always Woolwich full of toffs and right wing views.

LOL. It's the man in the street that has right wing views. Liberal views tend to be held by the middle class, who don't actually have to live amongst the people they defend, BBC employees, council management, and teachers, who are just a bunch of nut cases only

LOL. It's the man in the street that has right wing views. Liberal views tend to be held by the middle class, who don't actually have to live amongst the people they defend, BBC employees, council management, and teachers, who are just a bunch of nut cases only
A black fella definitely knobbed your wife, didn't he?

I'm coming up to 70 and I too find your opinions on people who aren't the same as you to be utterly reprehensible. Don't try to associate older people with your warped philosophies. Many of us have learned humanity, acceptance and understanding through age. Clearly, you haven't yet, but there's still time. Perhaps you should save your prejudice for Mailonline, where you'll be among friends, until you find time to sit back and ask yourself why it is that you have such an irrational hatred of transgender people. I suppose in years gone by you supported 'queerbashing' and before that, your ancestors threw stones at 'witches'?

On the other hand - and less importantly - I totally agree with you on atmosphere in grounds and safe standing, if not on the general opinions of the majority of 'attending fans'. I usually find them to be normal, in my view (you'd call them something derogatory).

Like the car in your avatar. Is it yours?

Seriously, you honestly believe that most people who attend football matches are liberals. In all the years I have attended football matches I have met two, and they used to sit in front of me in the old park lane. Don't get me wrong, I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, unlike the left who just can't comprehend that someone else may think differently to themselves.

Going back to the point in question. It's got to the point that just about every club wants it, 99% of supporters want it, but the government are too stupid to understand what safe standing actually is. I exclude Liverpool Football club from this, because they are pretty stupid as well

Strange, I just left a post but it didn't register, so here goes again.

The attending football fan is someone who attends matches, unlike most forum members. You chose to replay to a post I edited which said "footballer".

The remark I made regarding transsexuals was a joke, but regrettably there is a generation who have spent so much time on Facemouth and Twatter they don't understand humour. That said, I do actually believe that transsexuals use up a lot of NHS time and money, and should either learn to live with the cards they were dealt, or finance the treatment themselves.

Forum members on some sites do not reflect the vast majority of football supporters that attend games. Pop into the Brewers post match and tell anyone in there you think multiculturalism is a workable concept, diversity is brilliant, or the LGBT community are normal, and there is a good chance you will be hung from a lamp post.

You're a despicable piece of shit. You DON'T speak on behalf of Spurs fans.

Fuck off and support the Chavs or Millwall, you'll feel more at home there.

:dembelefingers:

You're a despicable piece of shit. You DON'T speak on behalf of Spurs fans.

Fuck off and support the Chavs or Millwall, you'll feel more at home there.

:dembelefingers:

So I take it your a liberal ? Seriously, come and have a drink with me in any of the pubs prior to the game, and tell the guys about your beliefs. I am sure they will be entertained

So I take it your a liberal ? Seriously, come and have a drink with me in any of the pubs prior to the game, and tell the guys about your beliefs. I am sure they will be entertained

Oh do fuck off. You're a reprehensible cunt and it's a real shame that you're going to Madrid.

Don't embarrass us.

So you hang around with a load of cunts. So fucking what? The pubs you drink in are clearly dives then and not places for decent folk.

I'm done talking with you now.

Oh do fuck off. You're a reprehensible cunt and it's a real shame that you're going to Madrid.

Don't embarrass us.

So you hang around with a load of cunts. So fucking what? The pubs you drink in are clearly dives then and not places for decent folk.

I'm done talking with you now.

You have obviously never been to Tottenham, all the pubs are dives. In actual fact I very much suspect you have never been to a game at all.

Seriously, you honestly believe that most people who attend football matches are liberals. In all the years I have attended football matches I have met two, and they used to sit in front of me in the old park lane. Don't get me wrong, I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, unlike the left who just can't comprehend that someone else may think differently to themselves.

Going back to the point in question. It's got to the point that just about every club wants it, 99% of supporters want it, but the government are too stupid to understand what safe standing actually is. I exclude Liverpool Football club from this, because they are pretty stupid as well
That's interesting. I referred to the people I encounter at Spurs matches as 'normal' and you tranposed that into the word 'liberal', which suggests to me that you equate 'normality' with 'liberal'. So what does that make you? Abnormal?

That's interesting. I referred to the people I encounter at Spurs matches as 'normal' and you tranposed that into the word 'liberal', which suggests to me that you equate 'normality' with 'liberal'. So what does that make you? Abnormal?

The "normal" football supporter (ie the most represented) is white, male, aged between 20-70, is working class, and almost certainly has right wing views. If you fit into this description, you are indeed normal

Back
Top Bottom