Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Modric is def a class above Dembele..........Dont get me wrong, I like Demebele. But Modric is definitely the more complete box to box MF

Modric was the best midfielder in the EPL last season. We were never going to improve on him though Dembele has filled in admirably.

I'm going to go for a 2-1 And a Lennon goal, we'll see. On my way up now, COYS

I should fucking start betting again! What is that about! Well happy with that. :dance:

What a result though, perfect away day.

Sandro- so so so good. Parker- perfect timing to bring him on- steadied things. Freund- legend at FT.

Only bad thing was it was a sit down away day for many of us- there was some cunt behind me, apologised second half but what can you do. Its a football game- stand!

Modric is def a class above Dembele..........Dont get me wrong, I like Demebele. But Modric is definitely the more complete box to box MF
Sorry, Modric was never a box-to-box midfielder for us. Modric was strictly a deep-lying playmaker.

Dembele is far more of a classic box-to-box midfielder. A Modric-type player would be an amazing complement to Dembele and Sandro.

Really? He set up the Adebayor chance with a brilliant backheel. As someone previously said, he looked up for it.
Well, I was coming and going throughout the game. If he came on when I was fixing my tea then yea, I easily could've missed him.

...Yea I was definitely out of the room when Defoe went off.

Sorry, Modric was never a box-to-box midfielder for us. Modric was strictly a deep-lying playmaker.

Dembele is far more of a classic box-to-box midfielder. A Modric-type player would be an amazing complement to Dembele and Sandro.

Modric not deep-lying ? he went from box to box.........And was involved in the attack plenty.

Really, his biggest limitation was his shooting and opportunities he got right in front of the box.

Modric and Dembele are playing very similar roles year on year.

Yep, Dempsey did well when he came on, thought Lloris was superb in that 2nd half, great to see Parker coming on and keeping the ball retention at a respectable level while Sandro runs around like a tank on cocaine.

Had a cheeky little quid on Lennon to score last, happy days.

Bit nervy at the end there but got the job done. Sunderland didn't really have many attempts just lots of balls in to the box which we dealt with on the majority, very well.

Had we been more clinical the game would have been won well before it was though, can't complain with the 3 points.

Talking of Modric, how's he been doing in Spain? Playing much?
Reason I ask is that Madrid don't seem to have been having the greatest of seasons by their standards, has he been planing, and therefore contributing to their 'poor' season, or benched, and rightfully not just walking into the team?
Personally I hope he's having a torrid time over there! I don't even want to think where we'd have been with Modric and Berbatov still at the club!!!

Talking of Modric, how's he been doing in Spain? Playing much?
Reason I ask is that Madrid don't seem to have been having the greatest of seasons by their standards, has he been planing, and therefore contributing to their 'poor' season, or benched, and rightfully not just walking into the team?
Personally I hope he's having a torrid time over there! I don't even want to think where we'd have been with Modric and Berbatov still at the club!!!

Mourinho is rotating as well so Modric is getting his chances, but overall it seems as if Mourinho prefers Özil

The thing that pisses me off about the whole Bale diving thing is, week in week out you see players going over and no penalty is given...but no yellow is given either! Yet with Bale they're happy to card him when they don't think it's a penalty!!

Cuellar does have a magnificent beard. Not quite ollieXcore ollieXcore magnificent, but magnificent nonetheless.
He looks a bit like the WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan.
DANIEL_BRYAN_02142012jg_0057b_crop_exact.jpg

Back
Top Bottom