Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regarding Bale, he definitely dives. There is no doubt about that. He says he does it because of the speed he is travelling at and to break his fall to prevent injury.

However, there is also no doubt there was a foul before he went down today. He was booked for appealing for that foul as the ref thought Bale was conning him with simulation of the foul.

I have seen Bale dive plenty of times in the past and refs not book him because he didn't actually appeal for a foul and knew there wasn't enough contact or any contact at all (e.g. vs Guzan).

They can have Bale for Modric + £30m

:levyeyes:

No way! Center mids are ten a penny, maybe not as good as rat face admittedly but the likes of Moutinho are out there... who would replace Bale?? Bales 4 years younger, much harder to replace... and we're already doing just fine with out Modric...

Regarding Bale, he definitely dives. There is no doubt about that. He says he does it because of the speed he is travelling at and to break his fall to prevent injury.

However, there is also no doubt there was a foul before he went down today. He was booked for appealing for that foul as the ref thought Bale was conning him with simulation of the foul.

I have seen Bale dive plenty of times in the past and refs not book him because he didn't actually appeal for a foul and knew there wasn't enough contact or any contact at all (e.g. vs Guzan).

The ref had his card out before Bale had got up off the deck, he couldn't wait to book him - he didn't even consult his linesman to get their opinion.......which on such a big call in the match is ridiculous.

The reaction of the Sunderland defender should have given him some indication as well, he went over to lend his hand to help him up......if he thought Bale was cheating there is no way he'd react like that.

The ref had his card out before Bale had got up off the deck, he couldn't wait to book him - he didn't even consult his linesman to get their opinion.......which on such a big call in the match is ridiculous.

The reaction of the Sunderland defender should have given him some indication as well, he went over to lend his hand to help him up......if he thought Bale was cheating there is no way he'd react like that.

He wasn't helping him up, he was in his face accusing him of going down easy, from what I could tell anyway

I'm going to go for a 2-1 And a Lennon goal, we'll see. On my way up now, COYS

Boss_Thumbs_Up_gif-thumb-350x197-15764.gif

Just home from the game, long drive but well worth it.

Atmosphere 2nd half was great, my first game this season so can't really comment too much on comparisons. AVB's Blue and White Army seemed to last for an age at one point. Loved it. I love Steffan Freund before he walked down the tunnel was also a good moment.

As to the performance, Ade was poor IMO, surprised he stayed in for 90. Agree with those who are saying Duece was well up for it. As usual we should have sewn up the result and made it a more comfortable end to the match, but can't complain with the 3 points.

oA18N.jpg

I meant "appeal" as in as soon as he went down, he looked to the ref.

In other cases, where Bale feels there isn't a foul, he doesn't look around for anything and generally doesn't get booked.

YXIczl.jpg

Back home, hangover is gone, we got three points, I met some great lads and had curry waiting for me. Perfect.

Gotta say outside of Adebayor I thought we looked really good today. Disappointed that Defoe couldn't finish off the game but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on his season's form.

The game would have already been finished if Ade didn't manage to hit the crossbar from 2 yards out!

:adestare:

Hopefully, the reaction to the Bale decision on MOTD (surely they will agree the referee got it wrong) and elsewhere will work in our favour and we get a few easy penalty decisions after this as the referees try to make up for the mistakes.
I don't know about that. With our penalty record it'd make no bloody difference anyway.

Fantastic win today though. Already 6 away wins for the season. Temporarily up to 3rd. Things are looking good.

Back
Top Bottom