Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ajax won the Dutch league and today is their champions party in Amsterdam.

So how about Mr. Levy joins the festivities and offers van de Beek, de Ligt and some others a nice contract at the glorious, mighty Tottenham Hotspur?

Ajax won the Dutch league and today is their champions party in Amsterdam.

So how about Mr. Levy joins the festivities and offers van de Beek, de Ligt and some others a nice contract at the glorious, mighty Tottenham Hotspur?
I m afraid only Ziyech is a realistic option, Van de beek is never going to come to play the second fiddle to Kane

I m afraid only Ziyech is a realistic option, Van de beek is never going to come to play the second fiddle to Kane

Kane? Vd Beek? Vd Beek is not a striker or even a forward, mate. He’s a pure midfielder.

I thinks he’s actually a fantastic replacement for Dembele.

Ziyech would be awesome Chris replacement but I prefer Chris to stay...

I know that a lot of people raise an eyebrow when MLS players are mentioned. But considering that Almiron made the jump fairly well it is a market that should not be completely ignored.

Alberth Elis is an interesting player. 33 games for Houston and 15 goals, and pretty much involved in all Houston's goals this season. Fairly certain his deal is ending as well.

I know that a lot of people raise an eyebrow when MLS players are mentioned. But considering that Almiron made the jump fairly well it is a market that should not be completely ignored.

Alberth Elis is an interesting player. 33 games for Houston and 15 goals, and pretty much involved in all Houston's goals this season. Fairly certain his deal is ending as well.

You watch much MLS?

I have barely watched this season but heard rave reviews for a player called Eduard Atuesta this season?

You watch much MLS?

I have barely watched this season but heard rave reviews for a player called Eduard Atuesta this season?
Not a whole lot and certainly not as much as I would like due to the timezones. But I have the entire season in VOD form through the service I use to watch it so I could certainly go back and have a looksie at him. I usually watch Minnesota whenever I get the chance to watch.

But I do make sure to watch the week in review shows they produce, which are available to watch for free on the MLS youtube channel.

Not a whole lot and certainly not as much as I would like due to the timezones. But I have the entire season in VOD form through the service I use to watch it so I could certainly go back and have a looksie at him. I usually watch Minnesota whenever I get the chance to watch.

But I do make sure to watch the week in review shows they produce, which are available to watch for free on the MLS youtube channel.

He plays for LAFC who seem to be smashing it. Carlos Vela is clearly too good for that league.

Kane? Vd Beek? Vd Beek is not a striker or even a forward, mate. He’s a pure midfielder.

I thinks he’s actually a fantastic replacement for Dembele.

Ziyech would be awesome Chris replacement but I prefer Chris to stay...
My mistake, he pops op in front of goal so much that I was confused lol

Do you follow a Dutch club?

I support Ajax

I just follow the eredivisie all together so also know about players from the likes of psv and feyenoord.

And Ajax is the only club in Holland with top quality players atm. We should be all over them for vd Beek.

Quite like the two young fb’s At Monaco, (LB)Ballo-Toure (who I mentioned when he was at Lille I think) and (RB) Henrichs- both 22. I’m surprised no one has come in for Sidibe (who is a RB but can also play as a CM and AM).

Worth keeping an eye on Badiashile Mukinayi (18yo) CB. Looks very promising.

Quite like the two young fb’s At Monaco, (LB)Ballo-Toure (who I mentioned when he was at Lille I think) and (RB) Henrichs- both 22. I’m surprised no one has come in for Sidibe (who is a RB but can also play as a CM and AM).

Worth keeping an eye on Badiashile Mukinayi (18yo) CB. Looks very promising.

Henrichs has had such a wank season (Though to be fair, Monaco have) - so I am glad to see he's starting to impress, or at least impressed yesterday.

He was great for Leverkusen for his age and I remember him doing so well against us in the Champions League too.

Young guy at Motherwell is attracting a lot of attention just now, David Turnbull. I think Celtic have already put in a bid for him that was turned down, Motherwell quoted as saying it will take a bid that tops their record transfer fee received which was about £1.75M for them to consider selling.
Just finished his first full season, his stats are pretty impressive. Box to box midfielder with 15 goals in 32 games over the last season and a half for a team that are usually in the bottom half of the SPL.
Rumours that Spurs have already had him watched along with a few other teams.

I don't think he's been mentioned here yet, but Jonathan David at Gent is a player worth keeping an eye. He's playing for Canada right now in the Gold Cup (Saturday against Haiti, if you're into that sort of thing). But's been playing well for both the national team and Gent and is a good finisher. He's not a finished product of course, but hopefully he'll be the real deal!

Jose Gimenez. Every time I see this guy playing for Atletico or Uruguay he is mightily impressive.
Formidable partnership with the steady old hand Godin.

Back
Top Bottom