What you wearing for the big game?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will be wearing this, as my daughter bought it for me it and I'll be watching it with her...
01_MASS18-00002.jpg

I will also be wearing my lucky boxers.

On here I’ll be sporting my navy star avatar. I don’t bring it out very often, but it worked in the semi-final. I just hope it hasn’t lost its magical powers. Mensa Mensa knows.

On the street a navy THFC track top, jeans, white converse all stars and my lucky silver hare staring at the moon chain.

Edit: and my ‘no brains - no headache’. T shirt. (Resist the temptation to faint Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ). :allitongue:

Last edited:
Will be wearing this, as my daughter bought it for me it and I'll be watching it with her...
01_MASS18-00002.jpg

I will also be wearing my lucky boxers.
That's a nice touch.
I will be watching at home with my 82 year old Dad, my other half, my three youngest, my grandaughter and at the last count.... About 20/25 other friends and family.
My eldest son works in ibiza and has managed to wangle himself a corporate for the game (Ministry of Sound) so I expect he will be making a few calls during the game. Just hope the weather holds out before the game so the BBQ stays lit.
Can't fuckin wait.
COYS.

None of my lucky things work. Never. Ever. Not one of them. And for someone who is deeply, deeply supersticious, this is very hard to admit. I even stop myself from contemplating anything other than unhappiness after the event.

None of my lucky things work. Never. Ever. Not one of them. And for someone who is deeply, deeply supersticious, this is very hard to admit. I even stop myself from contemplating anything other than unhappiness after the event.

Nope, you've got this wrong - they're your 'unlucky things', get rid of them - go and find some different things that are lucky. What about the pants you were wearing fo the City and Ajax games - were they the same pair? If so, they're obviously lucky. If they were different pairs then you're in luck, you've got more than one pair of lucky pants.

Joking aside, this sort of positivity, even in the face of contrary evidence, is what distinguishes optimistic and 'lucky' people from pessimistic and 'unlucky' people - and its the former who are more likely to be successful. Don't be good, be lucky.

Oh, and try not to contemplate, nothing good ever comes of it.

Back
Top Bottom