Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anniversary of the Heysel stadium disaster today.

Meanwhile at the BBC:

vb20nr.gif

Remember watching it unfold on TV.... One of my most vivid early football memories.

Cap respectfully doffed to you and your club today.

Bless you all.

I was born in 1978 so I was too young to remember. Surely it was one of the most useless massacres, perhaps more the fault of the Belgian police than of the hooligans. And then the year before there was Rome - Liverpool. Thanks for the nice thought

I see several outlets are running with "Mane rejects Real Madrid" after he stated something along the lines of being flattered by links to Real but happy at Pool.

How many players + a manager have we had in recent years, where similar statements has been headlined and interpreted the complete opposite?

Cunts, the lot of them. Still assuming everybody wants to leave us at the drop of a hat, and nobody would want to from Pool. Even after Coutinho, while we've only lost Walker against our wishes since Bale.

I was born in 1978 so I was too young to remember. Surely it was one of the most useless massacres, perhaps more the fault of the Belgian police than of the hooligans. And then the year before there was Rome - Liverpool. Thanks for the nice thought

Either way, today shouldn't be about blame.... Just remembering the poor souls that didn't make it home.

Last edited:
Game was shown on BT Sport.....so never happened as far as Sky are concerned
If BT have the rights to a match, I think that means Sky cannot show it. Do not have BT and so cannot say if it works the same the other way around. Sky shows 30 min highlights of all Premiership matches except those shown by BT. If Sky could show 30 min highlights then BT would not sell their package which is dear.

If BT have the rights to a match, I think that means Sky cannot show it. Do not have BT and so cannot say if it works the same the other way around. Sky shows 30 min highlights of all Premiership matches except those shown by BT. If Sky could show 30 min highlights then BT would not sell their package which is dear.

It's corporate one-up-manship at the expense of the fans and the product they are being sold.

Reading all this I can almost see the headlines come Saturday.
We win: "Spurs lucky to defeat out of form Liverpool"
We lose: "Liverpool outclasses Spurs beating them in penalties 5-4" or some bullshit of the sorts

Either way we get no credit... sad state of affairs

I haven't picked up a paper or watched any news programme for the last few weeks as I know I'll be fuming at the reporting.
I don't even like coming on this thread as I can feel my blood pressure rising over the unfair coverage.
If they win, you just know the coverage is going to go on and on, all through the summer. I'm going to move to Antarctica if that happens, only place I'd be able to get away from it all!

Literally every club in a european final has to do this.
Funny how they didn't make fun of pool chelsea or Woolwich but instead choose us.

Hmmmmm almost like theres an agenda.

Just read the Max Rushden article in The Gaurdian that ArtyB ArtyB has posted in the CL thread. In it he wrote this: "Years ago, when I got a job presenting Soccer AM on Sky Sports, I was told in no uncertain terms not to mention Spurs".
Now I've no issue with this if this was the case with all their other presenters but it isn't is it. We are all well aware of their alegence that they have, they wave their flags every week as part of the banter.

Just read the Max Rushden article in The Gaurdian that ArtyB ArtyB has posted in the CL thread. In it he wrote this: "Years ago, when I got a job presenting Soccer AM on Sky Sports, I was told in no uncertain terms not to mention Spurs".
Now I've no issue with this if this was the case with all their other presenters but it isn't is it. We are all well aware of their alegence that they have, they wave their flags every week as part of the banter.
Some really nice comments on it too...

I haven't picked up a paper or watched any news programme for the last few weeks as I know I'll be fuming at the reporting.
I don't even like coming on this thread as I can feel my blood pressure rising over the unfair coverage.
If they win, you just know the coverage is going to go on and on, all through the summer. I'm going to move to Antarctica if that happens, only place I'd be able to get away from it all!
You do know that fogueres fogueres and his newspapers will still find you there ?

Souness reckons we don't deserve to be in the Final because we've been beaten 19 times this season. It's a cup competition, you cunt. The league, etc, has got nothing to do with it. Wonder if he celebrated when they poxed their way to a CL trophy in 2005?

I honestly think the entire stability of the universe is very much dependant upon us winning next weekend, lose and planet earth could be unceremoniously crushed in a giant scouse-shaped black hole. I reckon even the aliens are rooting for us.

Reading all this I can almost see the headlines come Saturday.
We win: "Spurs lucky to defeat out of form Liverpool"
We lose: "Liverpool outclasses Spurs beating them in penalties 5-4" or some bullshit of the sorts

Either way we get no credit... sad state of affairs

I agree. I also noticed an incorrect treatment of Totthenam compared to other English top clubs. For the past 1-2 years, for example, you have been on the front page when there was gossip about the future of Pochettino.

Back
Top Bottom