We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have to wait for another 10 weeks or so for the next competitive match, even worse there is international football and then the friendlies. And even more worse the summer signings rumours .....
FFF

Great teams win trophies....this is our issue to a tee...settling for nothing...and being proud of it...
Great point. Yes we can be proud.
But we also need to be honest with ourselves.
We came up short because we simply aint good enough or mentally strong enough to get the job done.
We were downright lucky to get back in the CL next season and had a lot of good fortune to get this far in the CL this season.
Just patting ourselves on the back and applauding ultimate failure is the last thing we need right now.

Don't think the Kane decision had anything to do with it, we just couldn't make any opportunities for anyone...
That's cos the tactics were wrong.

Played far too narrow.
Can't remember too many occasions we got the ball wide and put crosses in, but the few times we did we created some good chances.

Put together some nice passing moves but we lacked incision. It was the only thing missing but the most crucial.

No way in hell....
You're a ridiculously miserable cunt...and in the oldest internet tradition I truly wish I could just smash your cunty shite strewn face in. It might be a few more months before I cross again, but if you'll kindly drop your addy in the replies then I'll knock on your door and I promise to remove all your shitty rotten teeth from your over active gob.

You don't think there's anyway we can improve this team?
You don't think we should of played better in the final?
You don't think some of the subs today were poor?

There's plenty of scrutiny to be provided.
Yes
Yes and
No

There's scrutiny and there's also recognising that sometimes things don't go to plan.
We were off our game, they were off their game it was a weird match. They were there for the taking but I also don't get the doom and gloom that means we have to criticise players, management and the club when we have just come from a game none of us ever thought we would see.

Great point. Yes we can be proud.
But we also need to be honest with ourselves.
We came up short because we simply aint good enough or mentally strong enough to get the job done.
We were downright lucky to get back in the CL next season and had a lot of good fortune to get this far in the CL this season.
Just patting ourselves on the back and applauding ultimate failure is the last thing we need right now.
Ah you melt, please go to bed.

The fact that Origi goal will erase the decision that ruined the game for us... Fuming. Everyone already forgot about, even our own fans.

Yeah, we didn't played great. But when you're trailing in 1st minute of CL final it's not easy to recover so fast. Alisson was great too, let's not act like we didn't have the chances.

Kane static as CF killed our movement today. We had son making runs off the ball quite often but even when trippier and rose did cross in, Kane was almost at a standstill.

More I think about it the more it feels like a missed opportunity. Just going to get fucked now and hope that we can sign a couple of top class players before the new season.

Please fuck off with all this "mentality" shit.

They had 3 shots on target all game and were given a pen after 20 seconds.

Mentality has nothing to do with the result, if the first half was just shit and even then we certainly had the second, yet conceded too late on and killed the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom