We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So proud of our boys tonight, several dippers told me they barely deserved it, this is only the start of something special at THFC. We're back in the big time where we belong.
Poch has serious ammo to bring in, I can feel it.
As much as this hurts right now, we have a taste, and we'll want more COYS

But we are not getting closer are we? That last the problem the same pattern keeps on happening and yet so many think we will get a different result next time - the definition of madness. This team is going to go through a rebuild - the scope for replicating the last 5 years in terms of the players we have hard is going to be extremely difficult.
9a3vYf8.jpg

You don't think the past few years have been a good reason to remember this Spurs team?
No doubt there has been a lot of good I just don't want to look back and think nearly, almost or what if?

Rather I want to look back and know that we did make it to the end we did win that cup and we did win.

That's what I want that's what a legacy is.

Im proud we got to the final. I get that.
It's a minor miracle from Poch and the players.

But not spending a bean on players. That's nothing to be proud of. Not when the club records an unprecedented profit statement.

We need to face up to reality. We ain't getting this close again without a major shift in the philosophy of the owners. Poch needs serious backing and we need to start acting like the big club we are. Not some pennyless paupers punching above their weight.

This summer is a pivotal moment in our history

Agree in principle bit lack of spending is not why we lost tonight.. We had the team and the players to win that but we didn't play to our potential.

They are a very strong defensive unit so giving up a pen 30 seconds in fucked it. We played the better stuff in a very poor game but no belief.
That goal early sort of helped spurs more then anything. Had the game on the front foot from there and couldn’t take advantage on so many glorious chances. Kane and that questionable penalty are simply escape goats at this point masking a poor attacking performance across the board

If we'd played the second half of the second leg against Ajax like the first and gone out I would have felt a lot more dejected than I do now. I'm very disappointed by what a non-event this ended up being, but Spurs in the Champions League final isn't something I thought I'd ever see.

Still pretty fed up that it was so, so flat though. I'm not going to stop being fed up about that.

A big reason a lot of cunts on here are melting is because it's Liverpool. If it had been Barca there would be a different response. We need to forget the opposition and celebrate and respect what we did.

No doubt there has been a lot of good I just don't want to look back and think nearly, almost or what if?

Rather I want to look back and know that we did make it to the end we did win that cup and we did win.

That's what I want that's what a legacy is.

Look back?

Are you near death?

Correct.

It feels like a lost opportunity to me. Just a loss that felt as though we could have avoided with a more coherent performance.

It's hard to take and I feel we handed the impetus to Liverpool by starting Kane, when Son and Moura's movement if not physicality might have been better.

Now it's a few days of having Liverpool rammed down my throat, reading how we could have started something (but haven't) and the inevitable doubts about a squad that will now get broken up and never have a trophy to show for it.

Been a long time since we tasted success. Really difficult to stomach.
Not that difficult to stomach we are used to winning nothing poor performance from both teams tonight

Oh hey Hood, that's really helpful right now. Why not drink a bottle of bleach or something?

We were the better team in a shit final. Poor finishing cost us again, but you know what - we got to the CL final you giant bell end. Dared to do. Some fucking magical moments I'll carry to the grave. After 20 years of supporting a fucking disaster of a team from 1989 to 2009 I'll take this CL run thanks.

Feel free to do one.

I was wondering how long it would take the 90s syndrome supporters to rear their heads. I remember the bad times 20 years ago so I will use that as a reference point always - therefore I will never be disappointed. That period came to end with Jol in 2005 - that’s nearly 15 years ago - stop living in a failed era and focus on the now. But please continue being a real supporter and showing the rest of us how it is done.

So we just finished 2nd in the Champions League and we should be 'holding the clubs feet to the fire'......really??
No. But we shouldn't be congratuling ourselves over defeat either.
Other big clubs don't, why should we?
We're on our worst run of results since 2008. Let's not bury our heads in the sand and pretend it ain't happening

You don't think the past few years have been a good reason to remember this Spurs team?

I haven’t got the time or inclination to go through why the Poch years have been memorable but I will try one word

Pride

That’s what he’s installed

I’m proud to be a Spurs fan

Good night all

Oh hey Hood, that's really helpful right now. Why not drink a bottle of bleach or something?

We were the better team in a shit final. Poor finishing cost us again, but you know what - we got to the CL final you giant bell end. Dared to do. Some fucking magical moments I'll carry to the grave. After 20 years of supporting a fucking disaster of a team from 1989 to 2009 I'll take this CL run thanks.

Feel free to do one.

Surely joining in the kicking of a minority isn't cool ?

Anyone know why he took Winks off, anyone?

Cos after an hour in searing heat having not played for a couple of months he was tired?

(Then again, you could have probably reached this conclusion yourself if you weren't so preoccupied with lashing out like the brat you are.)

Back
Top Bottom