We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s always going to be hard when your 1-0 down within a minute playing against one of the best defensive teams in Europe

I’d rather have 89 minutes to chase a goal than 20.

More worrying is why Poch is playing a cm2 with Sissoko in it, and trying to play through an inevitable press with a numerical disadvantage. And why he keeps doing things like this in games like this and expecting a different outcome.

We had three years of Poch thinking Dier was Busquets, now he thinks Sissoko is Clarence fucking Seedorf.

More worrying is why Poch is playing a cm2 with Sissoko in it, and trying to play through an inevitable press with a numerical disadvantage. And why he keeps doing things like this in games like this and expecting a different outcome.

We had three years of Poch thinking Dier was Busquets, now he thinks Sissoko is Clarence fucking Seedorf.
Can’t argue with having 88
Minutes to chase the game rather than 10 at the end, but sissoko wasn’t the problem yesterday , it was Kane , dele son and Eriksen, I thought we handled them well but whether that was cause they got the early lead so Klopp just told them to hold back and let us bring the game to them, but none of our attacking players impressed yesterday , if they did we might not all feel so down today

I didn't want Kane to start. I'm sure many others felt the same. We know by now that he never hits the ground running when he comes back from an injury. Harsh on Moura to bench him.

Typically scores on his return. :kaneshh:

Last edited:
Can’t argue with having 88
Minutes to chase the game rather than 10 at the end, but sissoko wasn’t the problem yesterday , it was Kane , dele son and Eriksen, I thought we handled them well but whether that was cause they got the early lead so Klopp just told them to hold back and let us bring the game to them, but none of our attacking players impressed yesterday , if they did we might not all feel so down today

The front four bumbled about last night, and weren’t great, but the first 45 minutes we couldn’t get out and transition because Sissoko was panicking and bunting the ball backwards constantly. Or just not showing to receive the ball. And that first half when they are further up the pitch is when, if we can break through their lines and get the ball to the front four more often, they’d have had better overloads, instead of like the second half when Liverpool sat deeper.

Poch playing a cm2 against their 433 didn’t help either. But if we want to be a team that plays out from the back, Poch has got to find better solutions than people like Dier and Sissoko.

You started by asking me who else, well why didn’t he continue to play Skipp and Marsh more this season? They’ll make the odd mistake, but so what, not like Sissoko and Dier (or Alli, Eriksen, Son and Kane) don’t. It least they are technically proficient, dynamic and can play football.

Last edited:
My player ratings:

Lloris 6
Trippier 6
Alderweireld 5
Vertonghen 6
Sissoko 5
Winks 6.5
Son (first half 4, second half 6.5)
Alli 4.5
Eriksen 4.5
Kane 4.5

Dier 4.5
Llorente idk
Moura 5.5

FIFA needs to introduce a new rule.
'A player shall be deemed to have committed an offence if he deliberately kicks the ball towards the nearest member of the opposing side in the penalty box (excepting the opposing teams goalkeeper), with the intention of gaining a penalty kick, like that fucking Mané did last night'.

Disappointed to lose especially when Liverpool looked there for the taking. Liverpool were happy to sit back and let us have the ball. I think they've seen what we are capable of when teams are open and attack us....
That's 'cos they had the relative 'luxury' of being a goal up before most people had got to their seats....

I swear the Champions League 'Wankthem' was still playing when Mané smacked the ball into Sissoko's CHEST!

Missing the entire point ...

The RULE is crystal clear, there is no room for interpretation, it's why 99% of referees, pundits, commentators have come out and said last night's decision was a correct one, even though it was a stupid decision, under the rules it was correct ...

Your example is a good one - the ball hits the cross bar then rebounds and hits a player who put his hand up in the air to appeal offside - that's 100% a penalty under the current rules. "Deliberate" was taken out of the equation in the last set of rule changes ... it might be crazy but them's the rules.
those rule changes dont apply untill today

On around the 90th minute Spurs actually became an irrelevance to me as it sunk in Liverpool had just won the European cup

I then sent numerous texts to friends and family back in England sending condolences as the mass media and every TV channel will be stuffed full of programming such as “Klopp - My Dream” and “Firminho’s Odyssey” for a minimum of five years

May god have mercy on your eyes and ears

Klopp, Salah, Henderson, Firmino, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner... And then Souness, Nicol, Carragher..then their fans..

Cruel times ahead of us

We'll survive. It's nothing we haven't faced before.

My love for this club is stronger than the 'threat' posed by any of the above.

Can't bring myself to look through this thread. Gutted but we were always the underdogs and I went in to the game expecting to lose. Sad that we didn't really get to truly enjoy being in a CL final at any point because we were down straight away.

In saying that, I thought we were the better side, neither team played that great and our build up was way too slow but we dominated a lot of the game but they defended pretty well. Easy to say now Lucas should have started over Kane but if we went that way and then lost people would be saying 'why not start Kane' so I think hindsight makes it easier.

I never thought I would get to see Tottenham in a Champions League final, sad not to win but I am so proud of this team and this club. The fans sounded fucking great and even outsang Liverpool after the final whistle despite losing. Made us believe, echo of glory and all that rings true.

Very wise not looking at this thread

Some serious melting evident

He’s much better than that mate!

Back
Top Bottom