TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't get the result we wanted, but I hope you guys all managed to wrestle some fun out of your trips and make some fond memories...

Get home safe one and all.

YIDS! :tobyarm:

Had a chat with a couple of scousers earlier but none really about now. Spending tonight enjoying the city then heading back tomorrow
Only seen a handful of proper scousers while out here most have been from abroad.
Hurting bad today but know I'll feel proud of we have achieved in the coming days.

Watched the match in a bar near the Bernabeu, about 60/40 Spurs/Pool. Bloke I was with (met him near Plaza Colon with mutual friends who all had tickets) was a really nice guy... but just a bit too nice, he bought a Scouser (from fucking Manchester!) a beer and fraternised way too much. Things briefly threatened to turn nasty before the match when a call-and-return chant-off wound up with In Your Liverpool Slum.

Anyway, no fucking way was I staying in there after their second goal. Just left my new-found friend there & walked 45 minutes back to my borrowed flat. Sorry mate, just remembered he had no phone battery & had forgotten the name of his hotel. :pochbye:

General street revelry as all the locals wanted a Pool win as reward for putting Barca out. I actually thought they'd got a third when a huge cheer came out of every window. Only found out in the morning they hadn't. BONUS!

Shit match, large parts were glorified 1980s hoofball.

I'm halfway home now & progressing pretty well through the stages of grief. Had a pretty fucking great time overall for less than £500 all in.

Shit feelings now being overridden by gratitude for what Poch & this team have given us in the last few years. Just fucking epic stuff, way out of my wildest dreams. Confident he can pick the boys up from this. He will have unfinished business.

My Pyrenean mountain village retreat is certainly helping.

Yapics.com - Images Hosted Online: 3202lynp06.jpg

Only good thing about today in I've managed to not see one scouser in Madrid
Eh how did you manage that? They're all over.

Anyway flying out in a couple of hours. All in all had a great time but there were a few issues here and there. Finding a pub/bar was extremely hard to start off with. The one I eventually went into was around 90/10 Pool fans...Had a bit of banter with them but decided to fuck off to a place with a bit more spurs...lined up at another place who were being cunts and not letting people in (probably because a bloody punch up had occurred in the line between spurs fans).

Ended up watching at some random bar that was again around 90/10 Liverpool fans. They were chucking beer around and acting like twats...could have kicked off but didn't.

Anyway the spurs fanzone was brilliant.

Just about to board after a 1800km round trip drive. Epic. So many stories.

Nothing has really dampened my spirits, the trip will be remembered for years to come.

I feel sorry for those rival fans that live football through their keyboards. Theyll never experience anything like it and they know it.

Hopefully a new stadium......the Wanda was pretty shit, really shouldn't be hosting a CL final there

It was also very poorly organised, hundreds of police hoping for a scrap but not a single person that knew where the entrances were.

That walk from Canillejas (the one recommended by Spurs for Spurs fans) was much more of a fucking schlep than the 15 minutes they (Spurs ticket office) claimed. I'd gone to pick my ticket up earlier (and left after the game) via Las Musas which was so much nearer (the club had basically said they were both 15 minutes away, which was bollocks).

It does look like another Stadium being built. I thought the stadium itself was decent enough inside, though reminded me a lot of Wembley (the layout - three tiers giant bowl - and the redness) outside it's nothing special, looks like a giant, slightly fancy version of those generic modern stadiums built on wastelands on the outskirts of towns.

That walk from Canillejas (the one recommended by Spurs for Spurs fans) was much more of a fucking schlep than the 15 minutes they (Spurs ticket office) claimed. I'd gone to pick my ticket up earlier (and left after the game) via Las Musas which was so much nearer (the club had basically said they were both 15 minutes away, which was bollocks).

It does look like another Stadium being built. I thought the stadium itself was decent enough inside, though reminded me a lot of Wembley (the layout - three tiers giant bowl - and the redness) outside it's nothing special, looks like a giant, slightly fancy version of those generic modern stadiums built on wastelands on the outskirts of towns.

Could see the stitch up over the walk coming a mile off, so we got taxi's both ways instead.

The walk from Canneljas station to the ground was about 25 mins and pre match in 30+ degree temps was pretty hard work. Thought the organisation locally was shocking from the Metro. No signs, no stewards and although we had a rough idea where we heading plenty wouldn't. The ground itself was ok on the inside but the quality of food was shite and overpriced but no surprises on that front bearing in mind the occasion. It's also very basic being only 2 years old. The Spanish seem to love a concrete jungle effect.

Our CEO who went said it was an incredible experience, but thought the walk to the stadium was ridiculous and the stadium was rubbish. So let us relish that we have the best stadium in the world and hopefully when UEFA choose WHL for the final, we'll be in it :)

The walk from the stadium was ridiculous, and made far worse on the way back when it became known there was a train broken down in the station, which meant it got closed. Had to walk yet further to another station on a different line. No one speaking english at stations was poor, so no one knew what was going on. We were let into station, only to find once in that there was no where to go, so had to come out again.
Stadium I thought was ok on the inside (but no NWHL obviously), but very poor externally. Service at bars was shocking, and screens aren't great. 5euros for a cup of water!

Back
Top Bottom