In your opinion what’s the greatest achievement in football?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not just by us but in general.......Celtic winning the European cup, Forrest & Villa like wise United winning the treble or us the double now obviously age comes into it regarding what you’ve witnessed and financial backing so you can decide on that.....but Leicester and the premiership for younger members or dare I say it the goons and the invincible’s or Liverpool winning 6 European cups irrespective how you view them they’ve done it.

There's been a few. Greece or Denmark winning the Euro's was pretty impressive, as was Forest's back to back European Cups. However, given that money has been the overwhelming factor in deciding success in the modern Club era, Leicester's achievement over the coarse of a 38 game season will take some beating.

The Gooner 'unbeatables' were beaten quite a few times outside the league that season and only sustained their run through some blatant cheating. I wouldn't put that in my top 10.

Not including us. Bolton, Wigan being in the PL. Blackpool had a spell in there. Leicester winning it. Same for Blackburn. Jack Walker spending on his local Club. Wimbledon fa cup. United treble. I hate them. Leeds were good at the beginning of the PL era. Do not really want to mention any others.

Sevilla winning the EL three in a row, Porto winning the CL was quite remarkable.

Greece and Denmark have been mentioned, Leicester and Montpellier winning titles, AZ in Holland, Gent in Belgium.

Leicester winning the Premier League. Biggest league in world football, survived relegation the year before and were playing Championship football the year before that. Going the whole season the way they did, showing the consistency to lift the title at the end is something we will probably never see the likes of again. They were 5000/1 to win the league that year.

Kaiserslauten winning the Bundesliga in 97/98 is probably up there too. Relegated in 95/96, taken over by Otto Rehhegal, got promoted to the Bundesliga at the first time of asking and then WINNING the Bundesliga. Yes, Otto Rehhegal, the same guy who won Euro 2004 with Greece, which in itself was incredible (100/1 to win Euro 2004)

Nothing will ever surpass Leicester City winning the league.

They completed football on the hardest setting.

Greece / Denmark winning the Euros. Wimbledon winning the Cup. It's against the odds of course but nowhere close to Leicester winning a 38 game league. Utterly mental.

Football wise I think going unbeaten for an entire premier league season has to be up there - second only to winning the ECL as PL champions.

Football’s GENUINELY greatest achievement will never happen.... that would be that Clubs that no longer need the money through the gates to pay the players wages instead fix ticket prices that are affordable-to all.

Bill Shankly (as Liverpool fans will no doubt agree with me) is probably one of the greatest British managers, so I will leave it up to him...

“Before that let me tell you about my old club Carlisle United who last night were promoted to the 1st Division for the first time in their history. That is the greatest feat in the history of the game."

Bill Shankly (as Liverpool fans will no doubt agree with me) is probably one of the greatest British managers, so I will leave it up to him...

“Before that let me tell you about my old club Carlisle United who last night were promoted to the 1st Division for the first time in their history. That is the greatest feat in the history of the game."

They should be playing in Scotland - do the southern English club supporters a favour and cross the boarder! Poxy journey on a Tuesday night!:eriksenlol:

Out of things I know about, it has to be Leicester IMO. It's harder than Greece or Denmark winning the Euros. Those tournaments favour defensive teams, and- like the CL- it's far less games to get through. Also, a lot of top players are knackered in the summer, so you get surprises. We've seen other teams who play in a similar way do well even if they haven't gone on to win it.

I actually hate them, but Leicester winning it, even though many things were in their favour and many teams had inexplicably bad years, is simply insane in this day and age. It's one of my biggest regrets that our young side weren't ready enough to win it that year- though I still contend that the side that really missed out was Woolwich, who had the experience and the players to take advantage but didn't do it.

I don't fully know the context with Kaiserslautern, Montpellier etc so I can't really judge if these were comparable.

Back
Top Bottom