Jonathan Woodgate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Currently first team coach at Middlesbrough , looks very likely he's about to become a manager for the first time for Middlesbrough.

I wish him the very best of luck.

WoodgateGoal_468x306.jpg

Convicted 'racist'? Was convicted of affray in 2001 and played for us from 2007, winning a trophy.

I see you're trying to be a bit PC here, there is no need.
Him and Bowyer with their'Do you want some paki' chased him, gave him 6 fractures and even bit him. I remember thinking , what a pair of sick cunts. .Very unforunate that we bought him. Nothing PC about not liking sick cunts.

Him and Bowyer with their'Do you want some paki' chased him, gave him 6 fractures and even bit him. I remember thinking , what a pair of sick cunts. .Very unforunate that we bought him. Nothing PC about not liking sick cunts.

That Woodgate was involved is indeed something that he should hold his head in shame for the rest of his days. But also let’s hope life has taught him the ills of his ways.

From what I recall it was a disgusting incident to which he and others were very lucky to escape jail. That said the one who carried out the actual assault was given 6 years.

from memory, I felt that there were two sides to the incident and an element of blame on both sides, albeit not equal, but none the less it cannot be attributable to the single issue of race.

But whatever, a fair conclusion is that when a young / drunken man Woodgate was a bit of a cunt and that night he had a lot of other cunts around him. it does not change the facts of his involvement in an an episode where someone ended up in intensive care.

On the pitch. First class, off the pitch obviously a lot less so, certainly when young, but people do grow up in time.

Last edited:
Confirmed.

New Middlesbrough boss Jonathan Woodgate hopes he can emulate others who have started out with the club.

Steve McClaren and Gareth Southgate both began their managerial careers at the Riverside Stadium and gone on to take charge of England.

Bryan Robson and Aitor Karanka have also had success on Teesside as first-time bosses.

"Those managers have had great success and been incredible managers, especially Gareth," Woodgate said.

"He has gone on to be England manager and has done an unbelievable job.

"This is the start of my pathway and hopefully it builds up like that."

Confirmed.

New Middlesbrough boss Jonathan Woodgate hopes he can emulate others who have started out with the club.

Steve McClaren and Gareth Southgate both began their managerial careers at the Riverside Stadium and gone on to take charge of England.

Bryan Robson and Aitor Karanka have also had success on Teesside as first-time bosses.

"Those managers have had great success and been incredible managers, especially Gareth," Woodgate said.

"He has gone on to be England manager and has done an unbelievable job.

"This is the start of my pathway and hopefully it builds up like that."

I see he's taken Robbie Keane with him on the coaching staff
Plus a really nice 'retro kit' for next season:
middlesbrough-19-20-home-kit.jpg

...another reason why I think I've just found another* Championship team to keep an eye out for next season!

* For what it's worth, I'm also looking out for;
Derby ('cos of the Wife),
Leeds (Jack Clarke)
Luton (used to live nearby)
and Forest (for old times sake!)

Love a good Hummel kit. Coventry have gone for a proper retro Hummel kit too. Shame we'll never do the same
Did you mean this?

....oooh, that's gonna strobe summit awful on the telly!
(Luckily, they'll only be on for 2 minutes each week on Quest's highlights package!

#87neverforget.... fuck 'em!

Back
Top Bottom