Which Tottenham player did you want/hoped would do well.....but didn’t.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going back many years to when I was a kid and we signed Ally Dick. We already had Archie, but another Scot was always worth looking out for and he was supposed to be the second coming. Injuries did for him I suppose.

Was our youngest league player for many years until the arrival of another for this list. John Bostock.

Going back many years to when I was a kid and we signed Ally Dick. We already had Archie, but another Scot was always worth looking out for and he was supposed to be the second coming. Injuries did for him I suppose.

Was our youngest league player for many years until the arrival of another for this list. John Bostock.

17 games in 5 years with us, 53 in a 16 year career.

Has the distinction of being a late sub on in the 84 Uefa cup final 2nd leg tho'. :pochsmirk:

17 games in 5 years with us, 53 in a 16 year career.

Has the distinction of being a late sub on in the 84 Uefa cup final 2nd leg tho'. :pochsmirk:
Aye, hardly prolific. We had a tough team to break into back then. Then Cruyff signed him for Ajax and he kept being injured. Showed signs of being amazing though.

Edit - just read the wiki page. Fifty games but won the Uefa cup, cup winners cup and was runner up in the cup winners cup and super cup too. Not bad!

Gordon Durie and Chris Armstrong anyone?!!.......
Durie as a forward, absolutely.
IIRC he shifted to CM and was miles better than what we had at the time.
Same with Paul Stewart, couldn't hit the side of a barn (from the inside with the doors shut), but was again great at CM ?

Anyone ?
I could be wrong on this though, as I'm an old cunt and the memory plays tricks don't you know.

Same with Paul Stewart, couldn't hit the side of a barn (from the inside with the doors shut), but was again great at CM ?

Anyone ?
I could be wrong on this though, as I'm an old cunt and the memory plays tricks don't you know.
At the time i thought Durie, Sheringham and Barmby looked promising......ahh those were the days!!!

Ian Moores (RIP)
Barry Daines
Peter Taylor (did okay but could have been world class)
Neil McNab
Gary Brooke (but for the car crash)

Anyone ?
Stewart definitely switched from CF to CM with a lot of success and was one of our best players in that cup win season.
Durie moved to a wide midfield position and was as average as he was as a forward. He did not bad in that excellent team of 92-93 playing on the left with Anderton on the right. but didn't hold down the position - in fact him dropping out of the side coincided with the best form of that season.
I had a soft spot for Dukebox as he was at Hibs in the mid 80's and was the business - however he became a chelsea cunt. Him and kerry dixon. cunts. Was stunned we paid out 2+mill for him when we'd just lost Gascoigne (and Paul Stewart).

Acimovic and Bunjevcivic - hoddle gave the impression (maybe on spursline - duped out of £8 probably) that these guys were prime red star belgrade type eastern european magicians - I had visions of a Prosinecki or Boban type, bunji as the best sweeper since Beckenbauer.
Instead these guys were absolutely gash. Acimovic missed a ridiculous sitter v fulham and we never saw him again. Bunji got his arse handed to him by Wimbledon or some other shithouse team and that was that.

Could on forever with player signed in the 90s.
andy fucking gray for example.

Back
Top Bottom