UEFA European Under-21 Championship 2019, 16-30 June @ Italy & San Marino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plum shoulda taken Winks and/or Rice.

I think Southgate needed to play Rice to get him to convert from Ireland - And Winks has left the U21's behind too now I think (too old ?). I don't rate Rice that much anyway, there were other options he could have taken (as well as using Gibbs White more) Ejaria, Maitland Niles, Onomah, Skipp, Tom Davies....How the fuck he ends with Dowell as the DM is anyone's fucking guess. It's like he's trying to get them playing Guardiola football, with the coaching skills of Tim Sherwood.

I think Southgate needed to play Rice to get him to convert from Ireland - And Winks has left the U21's behind too now I think (too old ?). I don't rate Rice that much anyway, there were other options he could have taken (as well as using Gibbs White more) Ejaria, Maitland Niles, Onomah, Skipp, Tom Davies....How the fuck he ends with Dowell as the DM is anyone's fucking guess. It's like he's trying to get them playing Guardiola football, with the coaching skills of Tim Sherwood.

Cos of the quirks of the age stuff I tend to assume an extra couple of years, but you may be right about Winksy....

I think Tim Sherwood is akin to Guardiola in comparison to Boothroyd. Having a dinosaur like AB in charge of the up and coming players is obviously going to be counter productive.
To put it mildly.

20 000 Romanian fans are apparently in route/on location in Bologna for tonight's semi final. That's dedication for a U21 side.

Last edited:
20 000 Romanian fans are apparently in route/on location in Bologna for tonight's semi final. That's dedication for a U21 side.
That really is hugely impressive, the Romanian team have been excellent so far plus they have been backed by big supports in all three group games.
If the Final had been Italy and Romania I think they might have had to move the game to a bigger stadium.
I think Romania must be a very good bet to win this, playing some pretty slick football matched with a monumental work rate.

ss.png

Bit surprised the way Germany turned over Romania tonight but as has been already mentioned in the thread it should be a great game in the final on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom