Judas is on Twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was France 1998 wasn't it, against Argentina? Scored a perfectly good goal from a corner, it was disallowed and out we went.

He was very much a Spurs player then, that was four years before the Great Betrayal

You may well be right, although in my head it was against Portugal when he was very much a Gooner.

You may well be right, although in my head it was against Portugal when he was very much a Gooner.
You're absolutely right, Euro 2004. John Terry was ruled to have obstructed the keeper (in 1998 it was supposed to have been Shearer). Apologies!

Sol-Campbell-disallowed-goal-John-Terry-foul-England-Portugal-2004.jpg

I thought we were putting all this Sol Campbell Judas bollocks to bed on the back of the watershed that is the resent passing of Justin Edinburgh RIP.

The bloke ( S.Campbell) took a decision based solely on financial reward something that today’s premier league players do as a matter of course - get the over it.

I never one time in nearly forty years heard a fellow spurs supporter say Pat Jennings was a traitor - yet plenty once sang “Terry Neil’s mother is a whore”!

Grow up!

You really can't be spurs posting shite like that

Either that or just not old enough to remember when it happened. Still disgusts me to this day. Youth player, captain, lynchpin of our team, full of assurances that he’d sign a new contract...then does that.

I still hate that piece of shit. I’m sad about Edinburgh but not sure how the two events equate.

Same here. Wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire and clutching a piece of paper with the secret to world peace.

I might shit on him though. I still remember the flack I got for laughing when he scored a pivotal goal for England that was wrongfully disallowed. The guy is scum, and I hope he’s reminded of that as often as possible.
I vaguely remember reading a piece shortly after the 1998 world cup. If I remember correctly, it was him saying how the abuse he'd got from England fans had hardened him and make him look out for himself more.

Could be that the national team started his turn, but as we all know, there is no cure for being a cunt.

That’s nothing but primary school-yard speak is that remark of yours; It’s so absolutely ludicrous one struggles to contemplate [not], how an adult in the 21st century could say and mean such a thing.

It’s about as ludicrous as had I stated that anyone that spells the word S.H.I.T with an an [E] on the end can’t possibly be SPURS!

But there you go - I SAID IT!

As we continue to celebrate the 50th anniversary of heavy metal, can I just say:

Judas Priest > Judas 'cunt' Campbell

\m/

That’s nothing but primary school-yard speak is that remark of yours; It’s so absolutely ludicrous one struggles to contemplate [not], how an adult in the 21st century could say and mean such a thing.

It’s about as ludicrous as had I stated that anyone that spells the word S.H.I.T with an an [E] on the end can’t possibly be SPURS!

Be a nice chap and Jog on back to Spurs Community

You wrote

“The bloke ( S.Campbell) took a decision based solely on financial reward something that today’s premier league players do as a matter of course - get the over it.”

Sorry, but that is complete bollocks. Cant recall any premier league players deliberately running down thier contract whilst lying about intending to sign another one and then going over to their most hated rivals.
Gerrard could have left for Chelsea, Rooney could have left Utd before he turned crap, John Racist Terry could have gone to Man City but despite the potential to earn more they stayed.

Campbell could have gone to United the season before for £10m which would have allowed us to reinvest in the team. There would have been little or no hard feelings if he’d done that. But to ‘do’ us out of a much needed fee and walk out over to our rivals was the ultimate humiliation and insult to us fans and our club. How can you not see that?!!!!!!

You wrote

“The bloke ( S.Campbell) took a decision based solely on financial reward something that today’s premier league players do as a matter of course - get the over it.”

Sorry, but that is complete bollocks. Cant recall any premier league players deliberately running down thier contract whilst lying about intending to sign another one and then going over to their most hated rivals.
Gerrard could have left for Chelsea, Rooney could have left Utd before he turned crap, John Racist Terry could have gone to Man City but despite the potential to earn more they stayed.

Campbell could have gone to United the season before for £10m which would have allowed us to reinvest in the team. There would have been little or no hard feelings if he’d done that. But to ‘do’ us out of a much needed fee and walk out over to our rivals was the ultimate humiliation and insult to us fans and our club. How can you not see that?!!!!!!

The Sol Campel saga ended for me when he failed to win the champions league with @rsenal. - losing in the final. That made me very happy and I drew a line under Campbell that very night.

Too much hindsight and not enough foresight is what all too many have; should Sol die in a car wreak this coming weekend the self same will be on here crying crocodile tears for the man- I guarantee that!

You wrote

When I was at school the brother of one of my friends was part of the Spurs youth team. I used to hear stories about players coming through. Barmby had just made the first team, but his brother was playing alongside Andy Turner, Darren Caskey, Quinton Fortune, and an exciting young striker called Sulzeer Campbell.

I remember listening on the radio when young Sulzeer made his debut as a sub (and as a striker), scoring in a 2-1 defeat (I think) to Chelsea. I remember him being converted into a new type of CB, strong as an ox and capable of incredible marauding runs. I remember him being adored by the fans. I remember the ‘Sol Man’ chants, I remember him becoming our captain, and I remember him showing up at a press conference next to a grinning Wenger to announce he’s just joined our fierce rivals.

The rivalry was far more bitter back then too. We were shit in the league, and they were one of the dominant teams. Judas represented a stone on the path to changing that situation. We gave him his break in football, we loved him, and the club made him captain. He repaid us by running down his contract and joining our arch enemies for free.

An absolute cunt of a man. Maybe to younger fans he’s little more than a pantomime villain, but for us that remember, he’s a lying, ungrateful, pathetic piece of shit.

At best there would be a respectable silence. I don’t think you’re reading the room very well in this instance.

It would be interesting to see how Spurs’ social media team would approach it.

He would be regarded as a Tottenham legend and what went after would be glossed over. [ FACT].

Don’t get me wrong, I can’t listen to the man when he’s interviewed - I find him either nauseating or embarrassing but I could say the same about 20 high profile people.

Back
Top Bottom