Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck Sake.

How long after the NDombele announcement did you change your profile pic and sig?

tenor.gif
What? Ndombele?

I thought we are signing Lo Celso.

Of course a bit like Wenger favoured French or French African's it's a market their more comfortable in same for most of us probably.

With the difference that they are EU nationals, bought at an age where they're often ending up as 'trained by the club'.

But yeah, same goes for a lot of managers I suppose. Perhaps it's just me not liking south americans that much. Foul play, cheating, gamesmanship is a lot more acceptable down there.

I used to think all south americans were capable footballers until we signed Gilberto 😂

I think we will get him for €45 to 50 millions which is not a bad deal at all.
If we can get him down to that it would be great. Ideal price for what he has produced.

The problem will be how stubborn Betis will be. They are apparently in need of cash since they blew most of their transfer budget on buying out their old manager and on getting their new manager in from Espanyol.

Add to that that PSG gets about 20% of the fee for Lo Celso and it makes sense from their point of view to demand a large sum. Either to make a decent profit or to just keep him.

But if the player wants to come to us and we are the only ones in for him we can afford to be patient.

With the difference that they are EU nationals, bought at an age where they're often ending up as 'trained by the club'.

But yeah, same goes for a lot of managers I suppose. Perhaps it's just me not liking south americans that much. Foul play, cheating, gamesmanship is a lot more acceptable down there.

I used to think all south americans were capable footballers until we signed Gilberto 😂
I probably won't be very popular but sometimes I wish this spurs team had a little bit of the dark arts in them sometimes.

I probably won't be very popular but sometimes I wish this spurs team had a little bit of the dark arts in them sometimes.
We have a few who can do it. Lamela, Dele and Rose in particular. Sissoko has shithoused it from time to time (standing right in front of the Wolves throw in taker comes to mind).

But we have yet to see someone pull a full Sergio Ramos and judo throwing a player to the ground.

Get the impression that Betis are asking for dickhead money on this one. We should wait and drive the price down.

Which in all fairness we are far more able to do now we have Tanguy through the door.

Based on our apparent targets I'd be focusing most of my attention on Sessegnon at the moment. Wait for Lo Celso to finish his Copa America, get back to Betis and cause a stink.

Real Betis finished 10th last year and the TV money is nowhere near what we get. £50m is big money for them and they are playing a sensible game trying to drive the price up for a PL team. This one won't be dead yet but the club can be calmer about things after securing Clarke and Ndombele.

Not for me personally. I used to actually be quite proud of our positions in the fair play table.
I'm not looking for full on Corinthian Casuals, but the moral high ground.
My brother agrees with you. Although he loves long ball and wanted us to sign Andy Carroll for about 6 years. 😂 Win at all costs for him. Win how I perceive to be 'the Spurs way' for me.

I think we will get him for €45 to 50 millions which is not a bad deal at all.

The problem with that price is that it won’t net Betis *that* much profit. If they feel this is their chance to cash in, they will resist that sort of fee as much as possible.

Honestly think it will come down to how much Lo Celso wants the move. He obviously favours us, but he might be happy to carry on plying his trade at Betis.

The problem with that price is that it won’t net Betis *that* much profit. If they feel this is their chance to cash in, they will resist that sort of fee as much as possible.

Honestly think it will come down to how much Lo Celso wants the move. He obviously favours us, but he might be happy to carry on plying his trade at Betis.
Going by the rumors he def wants to come here and Betis are looking to make as much profit on him as they can.

They believe they could get upto €70m and our initial offer was €35m. I think both parties will eventually compromise and agree a deal at €50-55m.

Has anyone watched all the Argentina’s copa games?

How good is Lo Celso? Is he worth what Betis are quoting for?

He's a cross between Lamela (with his extreme one footedness) and Winks, in the way he carries the ball forward. Decent signing for 30 million. They want a lot more though so I think we should pull the plug on this one personally.

Back
Top Bottom