Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am told that today is the first day of pre season for academy players.

Last year the new academy year 1 players were announced first week July, in previous years it was closer to end July. Lottery to know when this year's will be announced !

Just updated my spreadsheet from the OS.
Absolutely crazy 33 players in the U23s and 10 2nd year scholars.

NAMEDOB/POSITIONCONTRACT TO
Amos, Luke Ayodele 4023/02/19972021
Austin, Brandon Anthony 08/01/199920
Bowden, Jamie Patrick09/07/200120
Clarke, Rayan RomarioRW20
De Bie, Jonathan 20/05/200020
Dinzeyi, Jonathan Toko Lema 13/10/199920
Edwards, Marcus 03/12/19982020
Eyoma, Timothy Joel 53 29/01/20002021
Georgiou, Anthony Michael 24/02/19972020
Harrison, Shayon 13/07/199720
Hinds, Tariq Devontae Aaron 15/06/200020
Lyons-Foster, BrooklynRB/CB/LB20
Maghoma, Edmond-ParisCM20
Markanday, Dilan KumarRW/CAM20
Marsh, George Owen 4705/11/19982021
Mukendi, JeremieCF20
Oakley-Boothe, Tashan 14/02/20002021
Okedina, Jubril AdesopeCB20
Oluwayemi, Olu Joshua GK20
Patterson, Phoenix MacLaren 01/09/200020
Pochettino, MaurizioRW20
Richards, Rodel KuraiST20
Roles, Jack 26/02/19992021
Shashoua, ArmandoCAM20
Shashoua, Samuel 13/05/19992020
Skipp, Oliver William 5216/09/20002021
Statham, MaxwellCB20
Sterling, Kazaiah 5009/11/19982021
Tainio, MaximusDMF20
Tanganga, Japhet 31/03/19992020
Thorpe, Elliot MorganCAM20
Tracey, Shilow 29/04/19982020
Whiteman, Alfie 4102/10/19982020
2nd YEAR SCHOLARS
Asante, EnockSTRIKER20
Bennett, J’NeilFORWARD20
Binks, Luis DEFENDER20
Cirkin, Dennis06/04/200220
Cooper, ChayMIDFIELDER20
Kurylowic, KacperGOALKEEPER20
Parrott, Troy Daniel 7104/02/20022021
Pedder, RaffertyMIDFIELDER20
Walcott, MalachiDEFENDER20
White, Harvey19/09/200120

I don't know enough about Warburton as a trader other than an article on him talking about trading and another that he took footballers to see how a trading floor worked - hence it's all been about trading.

Cortes's as you say seemed to have had several roles at banks so a more varied work before going to Southampton.

There is no certainty as to whether an individual will be a success as a CEO but having held s number of different types of file before becoming a CEO is usually helpful experience.

But traders are street wise, and these days often highly educated people who may take to being a CEO either like a duck to water.....or as a lead weight.

Btw will be out for a few beers with s former senior metal trader ( retired full time in his 30s at the top of his profession although still runs a small trading busines ) in a couple of hours who has run a few non trading businesses since....

I remember posting some stuff over on SC about Warburton (and about Benham and his analytics modelling approach at Midtjylland) Pretty sure he (Warburton) was head of the currency desk at HSBC or RBS.

But more interestingly he actually had the job of Sporting Director at Brentford for a couple of years. So has some grounding in the role - which involved negotiating with players/agents and overseeing scouting and recruitment.

I remember posting some stuff over on SC about Warburton (and about Benham and his analytics modelling approach at Midtjylland) Pretty sure he (Warburton) was head of the currency desk at HSBC or RBS.

But more interestingly he actually had the job of Sporting Director at Brentford for a couple of years. So has some grounding in the role - which involved negotiating with players/agents and overseeing scouting and recruitment.

Thanks for that. Think he's still more suited, on the basis of his experience, to a Sporting Director type role at Spurs rather than CEO where is experience 'qualifying' hum fir the rile seems very limited - not denying his intelligence which is probably at the right level to do the rile though.

Thanks for that. Think he's still more suited, on the basis of his experience, to a Sporting Director type role at Spurs rather than CEO where is experience 'qualifying' hum fir the rile seems very limited - not denying his intelligence which is probably at the right level to do the rile though.

Agree, and Levy just isn’t going to relinquish any CEO type duties anyway and I wouldn’t want him to.

A DOF/Sporting Director is something I would love to see us adopt again though.

Difficult now Poch has his feet well and truly under the table, because ideally the DOF/SD would be over him in terms of structure.

Ideally you want a structure where the DOF can dictate and/or moderate between buying and integrating.

I know fuck all about Jack Clark except the clips Ive seen, but find it a little odd that we are spending 10m+ on him when we have players like Edwards, Shashoua, Markandy etc that could fill that kind of remit. It smacks of the Njie and Nkoudou situation all over again, just with a hg player.

If you have a DOF/SD over the head coach he can make this kind of calls - do we spend money and wages on somebody who clearly is embryonic when we have our own talented embryos here already that could also be developed the same path (loan, small minutes, cup games etc).

Last edited:
Agree, and Levy just isn’t going to relinquish any CEO type duties anyway and I wouldn’t want him to. He’s damn good it

A DOF/Sporting Director is something I would love to see us adopt again though.

Difficult now Poch has his feet well and truly under the table, because ideally the DOF/SD would be over him in terms of structure.

Ideally you want a structure where the DOF can dictate and/or moderate between buying and integrating.

I know fuck all about Jack Clark except the clips Ive seen, but find it a little odd that we are spending 10m+ on him when we have players like Edwards, Shashoua, Markandy etc that could fill that kind of remit. It smacks of the Njie and Nkoudou situation all over again, just with a hg player.

If you have a DOF/SD over the head coach he can make this kind of calls - do we spend money and wages on somebody who clearly is embryonic when we have our own talented embryos here already that could also be developed the same path (loan, small minutes, cup games etc).

One attribute Poch seems to like in many players is size - that's why Skipp was given a chance last season, as he's got the physique of a man although his muscles are not yet fully developed - and I think the same is true of Jack Clarke too. Of course both players are technically good but its their physique Poch likes which distinguishes them from Edwards, Sashoua and Markanday who are all small.

I'm not sure a Sporting Director needs to be 'over' the head coach, but even on the same level can 'challenge' the need for size. Its certainly true we need a squad with some bigger players in it, but imo some smaller players who have outstanding technique are needed too (not all big players do - look at someone like Loftus Cheek). Maybe one solution for this players would be going to the gym to develop legs like Modric - a slight player but amazingly strong legs and difficult to knock off the ball, but he became that way aged about age 23 after big clubs were not interested in him due to his slight physique aged 20. But that is the type of discussion that a Sporting Director can have.

It all begins again next Saturday! 😊

Our Under-23s have added an additional pre-season friendly to their schedule with a trip to Enfield Town on Wednesday 31 July.

Kick-off at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium will be at 7pm.

It's the second such fixture in as many years for our Development Squad at Enfield Town, who are based just a stone's throw from Hotspur Way.

Our Under-23s begin their programme of pre-season friendlies at Ebbsfleet United on Saturday 13 July, kick-off 3pm, before visiting Dulwich Hamlet on Saturday 20 July, kick-off 3pm. They'll also return to Ploufragan, France, to take part in the annual European Under-21 Tournament between 26-28 July.

It seems Jamie Reynolds is still training with us.
That's great news. If he can get and stay fit IMO he will make it.

Originally a midfielder but was playing as LB

I think Cirkin will play LB for u21s and we have lots of midfielders so think he will need a loan to get much playing time - but to get that think he would need to play a few games in preseason as he's been out for about a year.

Originally a midfielder but was playing as LB

I think Cirkin will play LB for u21s and we have lots of midfielders so think he will need a loan to get much playing time - but to get that think he would need to play a few games in preseason as he's been out for about a year.
I liked Reynolds at LB. As I said it all depends if he gets fit but it's good that he is still around the club despite being "released."

Last edited:
I liked Reynolds at LB. As I said it all depends if he gets fit but it's good that he is still around the club despite being "released."

Think the club is quite generous in allowing players who have been released to train there for a bit whilst they sort out other clubs if that is the route for him - given links with Fulham and QPR coaching staff a few might end up there. We also have links at Ipswich who have taken a few ex players too.

Pleased with these coaching appointments, obviously Ryan Mason is the big name but Nigel Gibbs coming back also good - highly experienced coach to help take weight off John McDermott and help coach the coaches. Also good to see some other former academy products come back after periods playing in EFL Think we tried to sign Matt Target as a player many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom