Racism in football - Ndombele and Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.

What nonsense is this?

- The 22-year-old is a dynamic central midfielder who fills the gap left by Mousa Dembele

- Tottenham's Tanguy Ndombele: Meet the 'complete midfielder'

- But Spurs fans will certainly see shades of Dembélé when Ndombele goes to work for them. Watch for how he gets his body in between the ball and his opponent before he rolls out the shoulder drops, the drag-backs and the pirouettes to get his team moving.

- Ndombele is a box-to-box midfielder who is powerful, forward-thinking and athletic - but also intelligent in possession.

- His languid, stylish playing style is reminiscent of the erstwhile Dembélé and Pochettino will be hoping he can plug the gap left by the man he compared to Diego Maradona, Ronaldinho, Jay-Jay Okocha and Ivan de la Pena.

- Genesio, Lyon's head coach up until the end of last season, has described Ndombele as "thoughtful and intelligent" and "providing balance" to the team.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.
Ledley-King-Tottenham-Hotspur-Player-Profile_2670970.jpg

Tbf Sissoko - as much as I love him - his best attributes are his physical ones whereas Winks is a lot more technical and creative.

I apologise for any racism.

Strange post. Hasn't even stepped on the pitch for us yet and I haven't seen a thing about potential partnerships outside of this forum, let alone "Pace and Power" stereotype. Bit out of the blue mate.

Off the top of my head, Pele and Eusebio were lauded back in the day as well as Laurie Cunningham from the racist 80's....

Edit: Jay Jay Okocha is another example.
Don’t feed the troll! There are countless players and we all know that... bloody hell CHELSEA, that hotbed of multi racial tolerance recently had a black player have an entire position named after him in deference to his skill and intelligence!

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.
Did you ever consider that people want a Ndombele-Winks combination because they think it's simply a better suited combination? Considering Ndombele appears to have the best assets of Sissoko - who worked well alongside Winks - it's not a stretch.

And don't get me started on how little you seem to understand our preferred starting XI when you claim Winks is 'a bench player when we have a full squad'.

Jesus Christ. You seem absolutely desperate to find racism here. Let's wait and see what some of the English press say about Ndombele - and if there are lazy descriptions of his game then of course we can discuss that.

Black, white, yellow.. Anyone is welcome at our club and certainly in our fanbase, as long as you love our club. One of me best mates is black and he has been supporting Spurs all over Europe so fuck anyone who talks about race or colour, one love, Yid Army.
Not sure you can say yellow?

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

Sort of utter trash post that symbolizes all that's wrong with political correct moronic thinking that we have to live with these days .... some idiot trying to make himself/herself look cool .... bollocks

In the UK the black population represents under 5% but in the EPL black players represent 33% so over six times the UK average ... and yet you create this fantasy piece ... you sir are a racist shit-stirring wanker

Eto, Weah, Drogba, Milla, Kanu all say crawl back into your hole and stop trying to be PC smart ..... opinions are fine but not racist drivel, suggest you delete this thread and think again.

I'm not a great fan of this modern trend of perceiving slights on other peoples behalf...it's extremely condescending to assume what may or may not upset them and it's compounded by having the cheek to think that they need you to defend them too....

Back
Top Bottom