Now is not the time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think there is a problem with constructive criticism, we're humans not drones.

The problem I have is that some folk think we're meant to feel real anger or resentment to the club for not winning silverware. I just don't see the point of that, it is what it is.

I disagree with a few posters on this thread but I wouldn't try to shut them down, we put across our view and people can see where they are on the spectrum, because I think most sit somewhere between the content and disappointed positions.

One of the key points of the article boils down to this, if you support this club, overall (not every match, I know!) you should enjoy it, if you really don't and the club can never be what you want it to be, it's probably not for you.

I'm not at odds with anything at all and I have been to 2 games in 2 years Barcelona and Madrid. We aren't at a match we are in a forum ie a platform for discussion.

That's a bogus cop out and you know it... One mentality infects the other... Unless you're suggesting that there are no moaners inside the stadium (which is utter bollocks)!

...And if you think this is about people merely wanting to shut down discussion, then you're sorely mistaken here too.

I simply welcome all opinions and perspectives within reason even if I disagree with them.

You like fireworks.... I'm sure you're more than aware of my view of you by now.

...And if you think this is about people merely wanting to shut down discussion, then you're sorely mistaken

Only problem is you have actively encouraged people to card me and you always try derail the topic of discussion. It’s quite clear that you cannot defend your position ( I actually dare to engage for once because I will enjoy slaughtering you) rather than doing you diversion tactic and disagree spamming.

That's a bogus cop out and you know it... One mentality infects the other... Unless you're suggesting that there are no moaners inside the stadium (which is utter bollocks)!

...And if you think this is about people merely wanting to shut down discussion, then you're sorely mistaken here too.

You like fireworks.... I'm sure you're more than aware of my view of you by now.

You have a tendency to over think things and an annoying habit of telling people what their own opinions are.

So how exactly do we do this without looking like entitled cunts....or, in other words, like gooners...

Having expectations of silverware when you have one the best teams in the league isn’t being entitled. Placing no expectations on such a side is what is odd as is fighting those on the supporter base and media who do.

Having expectations of silverware when you have one the best teams in the league isn’t being entitled. Placing no expectations on such a side is what is odd as is fighting those on the supporter base and media who do.

Ok, just humour me, what are you expecting from Spurs next season and what will you do if those expectations are not met?

Ok, just humour me, what are you expecting from Spurs next season and what will you do if those expectations are not met?

I will take any cup at this stage - I’m despite for us to win the FA cup. It’s absolutely criminal that Tottenham Hotspur have gone nearly 30 years since our last win.

As I said earlier in the week - there is no hiding place for Poch now. The stadium is finished, we have spent big this summer and we still have an excellent squad. It’s time for him to deliver.

But's that what you suggested though is it...you were asking for supporters to apply pressure to the club to get trophies...I'm asking how you're supposed to do that without looking like a cunt...

I will take any cup at this stage - I’m despite for us to win the FA cup. It’s absolutely criminal that Tottenham Hotspur have gone nearly 30 years since our last win.

As I said earlier in the week - there is no hiding place for Poch now. The stadium is finished, we have spent big this summer and we still have an excellent squad. It’s time for him to deliver.
That's not answering the question though, how exactly is this no trophy protest going to go?

Only problem is you have actively encouraged people to card me

Take the banter aspect of that as seriously as you like (There was a context to the post I made the other day, which you're no doubt choosing to overlook), but people will do what THEY see fit regardless... I have no sway around here.

But KNOW this: It's special treatment for YOU. Read above.... I've no problem in singling you out.

and you always try derail the topic of discussion.

Rubbish... I just grant YOU no time nor effort as you proved yourself to be a waste of 'debate energy' a LONG time ago.

It’s quite clear that you cannot defend your position ( I actually dare to engage for once because I will enjoy slaughtering you) rather than doing you diversion tactic and disagree spamming.

See above... You're a special case.... My position on all sorts is stated and defended on here on a daily basis...

Your Fake news style deflections may make you FEEL better about both mine and the broader communities feelings towards you but KNOW there is little reality to your accusations here; much like your "Airfixx thinks he's the best fan ever" meme bullshit.

You yourself are just a tired, boring meme.

You have... an annoying habit of telling people what their own opinions are.

On the contrary, I've simply built an impression of you and your motives based on my interpretation of you and your output. Maybe i'm wrong about you, but that's hardly the same thing.....

Wake us up when you actually answer the fucking question.

:pochunimpressed:

Hood, re this post.

Would you have taken a LC or FA cup trophy over what we have achieved since Poch arrived? Im not being a smartass mate, I simply want to know.

As your your second paragraph, sorry it makes no sense. " Poch has nowhere to hide" ?

He was hunted by some of the biggest clubs in the world, was he not ? How is Poch ( as you later refer to ), related to the stadia project? Yet is was Poch that with a limited or no budget got this squad to a CL final, succeeded against great odds to secure again a top 4 finish, and has proven time and again that he gets it right more often than not.

I want silverware. I want trophies, we all do.

The Manager has delivered more than the occasional trophy. His decisions have led to where we are as at today, being able to sign quality talent, as a result of a combination of Poch's man management / and the clubs investment in facilities and a top level stadium.

Its a new era. It's been long coming. Yes, its been frustrating playing away from home, not signing players for 2 windows, not having the depth to go that extra mile when injuries hit, however, if anything since the CL final, Spurs are now perceived, as a major force.

Im sure you are a Spurs tragic, as we all are. Enjoy this period of growth and I am confident silverware will be delivered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom