Now is not the time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, we should start a stadium grumbling protest...cosmic...

Because that’s what I said was it.

The point is unattractive football is deemed unacceptable but a decade without silverware ( despite having two top sides) is.

That tells me the mentality and mindset of the supporter base is clearly not right.

You should try talking to people outside of this very select forum.

Done surveys have we or is the original claim (as i suspect) hyperbole on your part?

From the Spurs and (other football fans) I've talked to I hear the same thing over and over again. Poch must win something to be a truly great manager and their right!

See you've moved the goal-posts now.... Of course a truly great manager typically requires silverware to cement their legacy, but that's not 'next season or bust' is it?

"and a couple of good runs in the cups"

Oh God just fucking kill me now

:pochfacepalm:

Not to go too over the top, but I'd be perfectly happy to put your out of your misery if things are as bad as you project as a Spurs fan....

Walking away might be less dramatic tho'.

Done surveys have we or is the original claim (as i suspect) hyperbole on your part?

See you've moved the goal-posts now.... Of course a truly great manager typically requires silverware to cement their legacy, but that's not 'next season or bust' is it?
How many seasons does he need to win something?
You gonna give him another 5 years, fuck 10 years without a trophy let's make it 20.

Everyone no matter how lovable has their limits I praying to God we do win something next season not just to end this drought but for the sake of this squad.

Even the loyalty of the most faithful of spurs players will be tested should they go even longer without a single honour to their name.

I have some questions

What are other posters expectations for next season ?

Is there a point in the Spurs "project" that there should be an expectation trophies should be won ?

I DESIRE improvement.

Expectations needn't come into it.

Because that’s what I said was it.

The point is unattractive football is deemed unacceptable but a decade without silverware ( despite having two top sides) is.

That tells me the mentality and mindset of the supporter base is clearly not right.
People pay to see football to be entertained that's the whole fucking point, not every team can win trophies but if they play decent football fans will happily pay money to see it....If every fan was only in to see trophies being won then what would be the point of existence for 99.999999999% of all football teams?

And there you have it.

Best spurs team in a generation, brand new 60k stadium and that’s the expectation level.

Your "expectations" are futile if they don't take into account what's going on around us too....

In case you hadn't noticed the richest team 'ever' won the domestic treble last year.

Meanwhile another team that finished above us pipped us to the ONLY other trophy available to us.

We're not categorically the best team in the country so to DEMAND (expect) a trophy is delusional entitlement.

Last edited:
How many seasons does he need to win something?
You gonna give him another 5 years, fuck 10 years without a trophy let's make it 20.

Everyone no matter how lovable has their limits I praying to God we do win something next season not just to end this drought but for the sake of this squad.

Even the loyalty of the most faithful of spurs players will be tested should they go even longer without a single honour to their name.

More hyperbole...

Evidently, you have very little in common with the more loyal end of the SUPPORTER spectrum so I don't bother speaking for them.

Your "expectations" are your own. You should be able to argue for them accordingly without some mythical consensus behind you.

People pay to see football to be entertained that's the whole fucking point, not every team can win trophies but if they play decent football fans will happily pay money to see it....If every fan was only in to see trophies being won then what would be the point of existence for 99.999999999% of all football teams?

So if they don’t get that ‘entertainment’ then they are perfectly entitled to criticise until they do? So I’m clear it’s acceptable for the supporterbase to do this when it comes to playing style but wholly unacceptable to place expectations on one of the best sides in the league to win a trophy?

Chat less shite and they may turn to agrees...... Kinda how it works, y'know. :llorishuh:
D-FVJliWsAAclIl.png

I'm sort of in the middle here.

I feel it's an absolute must that we win a trophy asap.

I recognise the difficulty in winning trophies with Man City around.

I understand the pragmatism of prioritising a top 4 finish over a domestic cup win, the fa cup wins done little for Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom