Training Ground

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn’t really make a difference to our status when most clubs are going down this route.

This will be Leicester’s new training ground complex when completed.
Leicester-City-FC_Training_Centre_0-1-1600x550.jpg

LCFC-training-1-500x260.jpg

That’s Leicester.

Even Low ranking Championship clubs like Reading are building hugely impressive complexes.

The training ground is lovely but let’s not try to convince it will lead to anything other than the club having an excellent training facility.
Agree, but we do have a jump on other clubs and with international teams using using it, it does increase our profile around the world. Which can only be a good thing.

What other teams do is up to them but from what I gather Leciesters still isn't ready yet and it seems like our new facilities have been attracting praise from the likes of Inter Milan through to the Brazil national team. It all helps our brand and status grow.

We've gone from the below photo to where the training ground photos above are now. It is vitally important when showing potential signings around and it definitely looks like a very good investment:

MzvaEV_KiCU8sFg0kcT-e_0e24PAKIQL52lq-spDFlM.jpg

Money very well spent if you ask me. Now it's completed we can pay it off whilst investing in the squad improvements required moving forward.

We moved in nearly 7 years ago - there is little sense in looking back to our old complex given we haven't been there close to a decade. It would be like Woolwich still going on about the Emirates when others have built or are engaging in their own projects.

Again this really hasn’t meant much other than the club having an excellent training ground. And the reason why we attract positive comments from the likes of Brazil is due to us leasing it out to such teams - and it’s Spurs TV often asking such questions ( I have seen us do this numerous times).

In truth no one really cares outside of the club much how you and anyone on here wouldn’t care about Leicester’s new complex ( I doubt you would think this will change their status).

We moved in nearly 7 years ago - there is little sense in looking back to our old complex given we haven't been there close to a decade. It would be like Woolwich still going on about the Emirates when others have built or are engaging in their own projects.

Again this really hasn’t meant much other than the club having an excellent training ground. And the reason why we attract positive comments from the likes of Brazil is due to us leasing it out to such teams - and it’s Spurs TV often asking such questions ( I have seen us do this numerous times).

In truth no one really cares outside of the club much how you and anyone on here wouldn’t care about Leicester’s new complex ( I doubt you would think this will change their status).

Well the club clearly saw it as a worthwhile investment for a reason, the same powers that be who have also invested heavily in the stadium and the same who recorded word record profits for a football club last season mate. I take their expert opinion as to the benefits of having it more than I do yours no offense.

Well the club clearly saw it as a worthwhile investment for a reason, the same powers that be who have also invested heavily in the stadium and the same who recorded word record profits for a football club last season mate. I take their expert opinion as to the benefits of having it more than I do yours no offense.

Who said it wasn’t worthwhile? The club needed a new training complex. The argument is over the supposed enhanced status of the club for it.

If you wish to believe that having such a complex ( when even Championship clubs are building state of the art venues) elevates us to another level then good for you. The only thing that does that is revenue and consistent silverware - not the Brazilian national team renting our training ground.

And don’t try to kind yourself that the rationale for redeveloping our infrastructure was for any other reason than ensuing they get the maximum ROI when they come to sell and I have no issue with that.

Who said it wasn’t worthwhile? The club needed a new training complex. The argument is over the supposed enhanced status of the club for it.

If you wish to believe that having such a complex ( when even Championship clubs are building state of the art venues) elevates us to another level then good for you. The only thing that does that is revenue and consistent silverware - not the Brazilian national team renting our training ground.

And don’t try to kind yourself that the rationale for redeveloping our infrastructure was for any other reason than ensuing they get the maximum ROI when they come to sell and I have no issue with that.

A better training ground and stadium = better appeal to players we are looking to sign which will mean a greater chance of signing those players and a greater chance of long term success. Yes the ROI will clearly increase but do you honestly not think the wooing side of negotiations aren't benefited from having such facilities?

From 2008-2017 we had invested nearly £500m of our own money by the look of accounts into these facilities. I think the training ground is either paid off completely now or is due to be in a year. We have got through the majority of the pain now and have done so whilst building something excellent for health, fitness and players to feel happier in. It's no coincidence that we are seeing a more consistent performance on the field as we grow off of it and the training ground is one of these elements that allow us to as well.

You'll have your opinions on it and yes the ROI will clearly increase but so has our performance over the past few years since it's completion. If you choose to ignore that that's up to you pal.

A better training ground and stadium = better appeal to players we are looking to sign which will mean a greater chance of signing those players and a greater chance of long term success. Yes the ROI will clearly increase but do you honestly not think the wooing side of negotiations aren't benefited from having such facilities?

From 2008-2017 we had invested nearly £500m of our own money by the look of accounts into these facilities. I think the training ground is either paid off completely now or is due to be in a year. We have got through the majority of the pain now and have done so whilst building something excellent for health, fitness and players to feel happier in. It's no coincidence that we are seeing a more consistent performance on the field as we grow off of it and the training ground is one of these elements that allow us to as well.

You'll have your opinions on it and yes the ROI will clearly increase but so has our performance over the past few years since it's completion. If you choose to ignore that that's up to you pal.

A training complex isn’t going to draw players in - what does is lucrative contracts and the clubs capacity to compete for silverware. Leicester won’t to be able to compete with us with signings when they have a trading ground on par with ours.

You’re drinking the kool aid and telling yourself what you want to here. Take us out of this and ask yourself what this means for Leicester - then you have your answer.

Yes we needed a new training ground and yes it’s hugely impressive but that is it. It did little to help the club in 2013 when both AVB and Sherwood were sacked. And our performances have improved since then because we have had one of the best squads in the league - that would have still been the case had been at the old facility.

A training complex isn’t going to draw players in - what does is lucrative contracts and the clubs capacity to compete for silverware. Leicester won’t to be able to compete with us with signings when they have a trading ground on par with ours.

You’re drinking the kool aid and telling yourself what you want to here. Take us out of this and ask yourself what this means for Leicester - then you have your answer.

Yes we needed a new training ground and yes it’s hugely impressive but that is it. It did little to help the club in 2013 when both AVB and Sherwood were sacked. And our performances have improved since then because we have had one of the best squads in the league - that would have still been the case had been at the old facility.

There's no point carrying this on mate. You don't think it helps to attract players or to keep them happy and focused etc, I think there's more to it than that. I'd rather have players that want to play for us because of these things than ones just chasing the money. The quality of footballer we have been able to attract and sign is substantially better since we moved in and whilst it will clearly add to the ROI and ultimately ENIC are an investment company who make most of their money not based on dividends but the sales of its assets I think it's silly to think that this kind of investment isn't going to help us on the field as well. It's a win win, a win for ENICs ROI long term, something they are absolutely entitled to do and receive as ultimately they are a business and that's what everyone is in the working world for and a win for our ability to shift the tag we had been associated with for too long.

It looks great and I'm sure the players enjoy spending time there and the ones that are 50/50 about signing leave visiting it more convinced of the project because of how it looks. Onto the next phase now which is paying off the stadium and investing money into the playing squad which seems to be happening seeing as we've just hammered our transfer record on Tanguy.

Last edited:
There's no point carrying this on mate. You don't think it helps to attract players or to keep them happy and focused etc, I think there's more to it than that. I'd rather have players that want to play for us because of these things than ones just chasing the money. The quality of footballer we have been able to attract and sign is substantially better since we moved in and whilst it will clearly add to the ROI and ultimately ENIC are an investment company who make most of their money not based on dividends but the sales of its assets I think it's silly to think that this kind of investment isn't going to help us on the field as well. It's a win win, a win for ENICs ROI long term, something they are absolutely entitled to do and receive as ultimately they are a business and that's what everyone is in the working world for and a win for our ability to shift the tag we had been associated with for too long.

It looks great and I'm sure the players enjoy spending time there and the ones that are 50/50 about signing leave visiting it more convinced of the project because of how it looks. Onto the next phase now which is paying off the stadium and investing money into the playing squad which seems to be happening seeing as we've just hammered our transfer record on Tanguy.

Apologies but you are coming off as incredibly naive if you actually believe any of this. Again do you think all of this will apply to Leicester? It is a simple yes or no - will their status and capacity to make higher level singings be notably different due to their new training complex? It won’t because they are still ‘Leicester’ and it doesn’t later their revenue and spending capacity in anyway.

And the quality of signings hasn’t improved since we moved in there. Prior to Ndombele the last high profile signing we made was Son - which was 4 years ago. If anything the training ground has hindered us due to the debt taken on with this and the stadium. We singed the likes of Berbatov, Bale, Modric and VDV without it - in the grand scheme of things for a player it really isn’t that high.

Again it is a lovely complex but that is about it.

You literally sap the pleasure out of every thread and bring it back to silverware, for the sake of other users, give it a rest.

It doesn’t really make a difference to our status when most clubs are going down this route.

This will be Leicester’s new training ground complex when completed.
Leicester-City-FC_Training_Centre_0-1-1600x550.jpg

LCFC-training-1-500x260.jpg

That’s Leicester.

Even Low ranking Championship clubs like Reading are building hugely impressive complexes.

The training ground is lovely but let’s not try to convince it will lead to anything other than the club having an excellent training facility.
Why is it you have to be pessemistic all the time, celebrate the fact that the club has the best facilities, best stadium and this will attract some of the best players in the world to sign for us cue Ndombele! Or is it that you have to be a goose all of the time!

You literally sap the pleasure out of every thread and bring it back to silverware, for the sake of other users, give it a rest.

Well if you choose to believe in falsehood and fantasy’s good for you.

Tell me this if you went onto a Leicester forum and this debate was being had which side would you believe to be the deluded?

You can be positive about the club without concocting endless comfort narratives that are not rooted in reality.

You may see this as negativity I see it as a sign of maturity and honesty.

Why is it you have to be pessemistic all the time, celebrate the fact that the club has the best facilities, best stadium and this will attract some of the best players in the world to sign for us cue Ndombele! Or is it that you have to be a goose all of the time!

That’s not the discussion being had here at all.

It’s about our training complex and it’s capacity to enhance our status and signings.

Why enter into a discussion if you are not going to bother to read what is actually being discussed?

Last edited:

Dunno about facilities attracting players, think money is the most important of all and facilities = an afterthought for many players.

8809488.jpg

JS60827131.jpg

JS60827206.jpg

This is Readings new training ground........ a team that finished 20th in the Championship .

But there is clearly no merit in what I saying - just me being negative of course.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom