Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obligatory for the club to offer. Cannot force the player to accept

Foyth has not gone on honeymoon either to join up with Spurs preseason squad. Ultra keen maybe to practice being RB at Spurs

The type of dedication you hope he’s rewarded for.

I’m pulling so hard for Foyth to become a successful RB. Actually we should all be hoping that. What a huge boost that would be to the club.

Best part
roV3Ztk.png
Don't show bus-conductor bus-conductor :pochrolleyes:

Starting to reluctantly agree but would love to be proved wrong. There's no excuses with this one if we miss the boat by saying "We didn't need him and decided to pull out".
This will be a result of stalling over a certain amount of money that in the overall scheme of things may well seem small change.
I'll keep hoping though....until it's definite what's happening.
It's not just about this transfer though, it's also about all future ones. If we are perceived as a club that just pays whatever the selling club is asking, it will make future deals much more difficult to negotiate.

It's not just about this transfer though, it's also about all future ones. If we are perceived as a club that just pays whatever the selling club is asking, it will make future deals much more difficult to negotiate.

Totally agree and Levy is renowned for his haggling skills but it's very rarely we dip our toes into the 'superstar' bracket of the transfer pool and I just feel the benefits of sorting this matter out quickly and maybe paying a bit extra far outweigh losing such a glorious opportunity and (for the main I think) disappointing a huge number of fans.
Personally I would love to see him pull on a Spurs shirt :thumbup: Let's do this thing !!

Totally agree and Levy is renowned for his haggling skills but it's very rarely we dip our toes into the 'superstar' bracket of the transfer pool and I just feel the benefits of sorting this matter out quickly and maybe paying a bit extra far outweigh losing such a glorious opportunity and (for the main I think) disappointing a huge number of fans.
Personally I would love to see him pull on a Spurs shirt :thumbup: Let's do this thing !!

As our status increases this will happen (hopefully) more and more often.
So there's 2 ways of looking at it.
1) Levy's good for us, as he will be a hard negotiator and save money.
2) As you say, when we go after "superstars", if we are pissing about over 5- 10m we risk losing the player. Therefore Levy would be bad for us.

Good he shouldn’t be rushed out unless he’s forcing a move. Still a very good wing back and the best one we have by far, he was our best player in the CL final imo.

If we land Sessegnon, he could learn a lot from Danny.

Footballing, absolutely. But hopefully not how to be a cunt.

Back
Top Bottom