Audi Cup 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I just being a cynical bastard or does anyone else think sanches may have deliberately stamped down foyths Achilles? It was just out of shot but completely off the ball. The fact that it was two minutes after Foyth had caught their lad (completely accidentally) makes me think he deliberately left one on him. Absolute shit bag thing to do in a pre season friendly if so.

It improved in the games he played, didn't go to ground once. He also has an very good understanding with Sissoko. Which if I'm honest I don't know if that's a good thing as we might hold onto or be overly dependant on Sissoko a tad too long. I still don't think Sissoko is the answer for us long term.

Our current cm options are Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko, Skipp (and Wanyama when not injured ,) with Dier ( if not required to back up CB ) with Eriksen and Dele able to play there (and Lo Celso is AM/CM if he comes)...and I would like to see more of both Harvey White ( who has done well as makeshift LB this preseason but is a DM and former AM pr.imarily) and Jamie Bowden.

So over the next 12 months I think there will be s bit of a sort out and despite Sissokos power and ability to drive forward I think his lack of passing ability ,( resulting in AMs needing to drop deep to pick up the ball) and him being aged about ,30 (last chance to generate a fee,,) means I think he will be moved on then as imo Skipp will become an established first team later this season. The ever injured Wanyama of course needs to go but Diers versatility to cover DM/CB/RB may allow him to stay.

And I hope White will get and make the most of say a dozen appearances ( similar to Skipp last season) to become more if a first team player in 20/21 as otherwise we'll be buying another CM.

Am I just being a cynical bastard or does anyone else think sanches may have deliberately stamped down foyths Achilles? It was just out of shot but completely off the ball. The fact that it was two minutes after Foyth had caught their lad (completely accidentally) makes me think he deliberately left one on him. Absolute shit bag thing to do in a pre season friendly if so.
I watched the replay a couple of times and Foyth definitely turned his ankle...

WE ARE SERIAL WINNERS!!!!
...and the balls on Roles, Skipp & Tangangnam Style to take those pens was impressive... (albeit in a Friendly) 'Cos if it were easy, everyone would be doing it!

:eriksenserious:

Hugely impressed with Tanganga. Miles better in my eyes than CCV already

And naturally left footed, could become Jan's long term replacement ?

Only question I my mind is whether there is enough playing time at Spurs this coming season ( say 6 - 12 appearances ) to keep him at Spurs playing domestic cups perhaps. Might be influenced by where Foyth plays too

Otherwise not sure he has the standing to get a loan higher than League 1 or bottom end Championship atm.......despite his preseason games where he had surprised even the youth watchers with his passing ( used to be much weaker) but his overall composure and defensive abilities all seem to be s notch or two higher - possibly helped by playing alongside Jan and Toby.

And naturally left footed, could become Jan's long term replacement ?

Only question I my mind is whether there is enough playing time at Spurs this coming season ( say 6 - 12 appearances ) to keep him at Spurs playing domestic cups perhaps. Might be influenced by where Foyth plays too

Otherwise not sure he has the standing to get a loan higher than League 1 or bottom end Championship atm.......despite his preseason games where he had surprised even the youth watchers with his passing ( used to be much weaker) but his overall composure and defensive abilities all seem to be s notch or two higher - possibly helped by playing alongside Jan and Toby.
Dav looked the business tonight and was far better than Toby who looked petrified of Arp. If Toby refuses to sign a contract he's our Ceballos

I will say it again. Kane is looking in fantastic shape. He might well be back to his phenomenal best, when he used to average a goal a game. And I will predict that for once, he will get off to a flying start this season.
Don’t fucking say it out loud!

Back
Top Bottom