Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The amount of deals that happen deadline day with everything still needing to happen, it’s doable. Depending what reports you read, I know some are pure garbage, Lo Celso, Fernandes and Sessengon have all agreed terms. Just a price to finalise. Medicals are the easiest bit.

I still have faith, kind of.

yup, not sure we knew much about the Tanguy medical did we? Spurs app announced it and that was it done

But what is available is still good enough to to challenge for the top 4 and win cups. The league is out no matter how many are signed. I agree that we need a couple of new players before the window ends but there is so much doom and gloom and I'm not saying it is you btw
I don't blame levy for paying a ridiculous amount for a player that is no guarantee to improve us who has had 1 good season in a side that finished 10th in la liga
I agree but I sometimes feel we should now be looking at an "a la carte" menu instead of the "lunchtime specials".

The amount of deals that happen deadline day with everything still needing to happen, it’s doable. Depending what reports you read, I know some are pure garbage, Lo Celso, Fernandes and Sessengon have all agreed terms. Just a price to finalise. Medicals are the easiest bit.

I still have faith, kind of.
I admire your hope, I have lost all faith that we will sign anyone this window. I now just hope that we don't sell eriksen(especially to Manure) and we don't have too many injuries this season.

Whilst it would be painful, selling Eriksen to United would be better than him leaving on a free and potentially signing for them next year instead whilst giving us half-arsed performances in the mean time.

But we should only be selling him if we have Lo Celso and Fernandes tied up at the same time. Simple as that.

When I think about the whole Sessengon thing I can’t help but wonder how it’s an upgrade on what we already have with Rose or even Davies. He had 1 excellent season in the championship and then did sweet FA in the prem. looks lightweight to me as well...whole thing is a little underwhelming...#justsaying 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not an upgrade this season for sure.

But I genuinely believe he’ll be top player! Would be great to get him under our wing now and develop. I’d then expect him to be a big contributor 20/21 season.

When I think about the whole Sessengon thing I can’t help but wonder how it’s an upgrade on what we already have with Rose or even Davies. He had 1 excellent season in the championship and then did sweet FA in the prem. looks lightweight to me as well...whole thing is a little underwhelming...#justsaying 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'd focus on signing a proper right back instead of getting Sessegnon tbh. That's our weakest position right now.

But what is available is still good enough to to challenge for the top 4 and win cups. The league is out no matter how many are signed. I agree that we need a couple of new players before the window ends but there is so much doom and gloom and I'm not saying it is you btw
I don't blame levy for paying a ridiculous amount for a player that is no guarantee to improve us who has had 1 good season in a side that finished 10th in la liga
Forgot to add that I am a supporter of this wonderful club whatever happens and will "eat" whatever is put on my plate....and thoroughly enjoy it. COYS

I've never faulted Poch on his coaching or in game management - except maybe timing of subs and occasionally I'd have gone for different subs, but maybe Poch was right.

But if you look at all players bought since Poch arrived, it's not that impressive - particularly when you look at the summer he arrived (Davies, Vorm - good solid squad players) Poch said he had no real input, Dele who was bought via David Pleat's insistence) etc. No youngsters bought to be superstars, unless you count Sanchez then our record signing - I had expected some cheaper younger players developed to be superstars whether bought in or from our academy but only Winks and now Skipp internally and none externally.
I believe he brought in Toby, Sissoko, Wanyama, Son and Trippier. All have shown good form at some stage, some more than others.

Either way, I doubt he’s said to Levy for the last 4 windows ‘I just want two players in total please,’ which leads us to believe that it is a decision by the owners to refuse to buy who Poch wants. Not sure if it is therefore fair to blame the manager for our transfer dealings (or lack of them).

Although I do agree with you on his substitutions. Far too reactive at times.

Whilst it would be painful, selling Eriksen to United would be better than him leaving on a free and potentially signing for them next year instead whilst giving us half-arsed performances in the mean time.

But we should only be selling him if we have Lo Celso and Fernandes tied up at the same time. Simple as that.
As per usual I agree, the problem I have is not that Eriksen might go there, it's that we don't seem to have either fernandes or LoCelso anywhere near tied up. Not even one of them let alone both of them.

Does Levy think that we're equals pequals?

Kane/Parrott
Son/Moura/N'Koudou
Dele/Lamela
NDombele/Sissoko
Winks/Skipp
Dier/Wanyama
Rose/Davies
Walker-Peters/Aurier
Alderweireld/Sanchez
Vertonghen/Foyth/Tanganga
Lloris/Gazzaniga

Or will Eriksen be replaced?

As per usual I agree, the problem I have is not that Eriksen might go there, it's that we don't seem to have either fernandes or LoCelso anywhere near tied up. Not even one of them let alone both of them.

I don't think we particularly want Eriksen to go to United, its that no one else clearly wants him. Its just one of those things where we may have to suck it up, take the reduced fee and strengthen our overall squad.

All reports seem to point to us agreeing personal terms with Lo Celso and Fernandes but not coughing up the extra bit of money to agree fees with their respective clubs.

However, time is ticking.

Back
Top Bottom