Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew the final o- o but lost on penalties.

Well done on getting to the final !

Brooklyn Lyons Foster called up for the first team pre season in asia but didn't play - my guess is he need to put on muscke, but good to train with the first team and I'd guess he gets s chance next year !

We seem to have a plethora of good young defenders coming through the system. We were linked with Ben Pimlott of Stevenage a while back, who is now at Watford. Presumably others needed him more with the likes of BLF, Tang, Eyo, Binks too?

We seem to have a plethora of good young defenders coming through the system. We were linked with Ben Pimlott of Stevenage a while back, who is now at Watford. Presumably others needed him more with the likes of BLF, Tang, Eyo, Binks too?

We seem very well set for centre backs, in order of Academy year :

Tanganga, Eyoma
Lyons-Foster
Binks, Walcott
Muir, Lusaka ( new Academy year 1, both E u16 )

A few others who are probably not at the same standard as the others.

Problem us we don't have anything like the same depth with attacking players - probably less than 6 strikers/AMs across the academy/u23s of whom only a couple are outstanding (eg Parrott)., Same lack of depth at FB

We seem very well set for centre backs, in order of Academy year :

Tanganga, Eyoma
Lyons-Foster
Binks, Walcott
Muir, Lusaka ( new Academy year 1, both E u16 )

A few others who are probably not at the same standard as the others.

Problem us we don't have anything like the same depth with attacking players - probably less than 6 strikers/AMs across the academy/u23s of whom only a couple are outstanding (eg Parrott)., Same lack of depth at FB
Thanks for that.

Strange that we're so good at developing defenders and yet AM and strikers the reverse. Any thoughts as to why?

Parrot outstanding but he was already tipped as a future star before we got him across.

Thanks for that.

Strange that we're so good at developing defenders and yet AM and strikers the reverse. Any thoughts as to why?

Parrot outstanding but he was already tipped as a future star before we got him across.

Some will disagree with me but I think it's far easier to see a decent defenders and DMs and develop that skill - positioning, basic skills of tackling passing etc.

I think it's far more difficult to teach someone vision, how to create goalscoring opportunities etc, and even the skill of being composed in front of goal. So unless players have those unteachable skills before they come to Spurs it's a problem, but I suspect those skills are not common.

I'd guess after Parrott, our next best attacking player is J' neill Bennett, and after that it's ( in no order ) Jack Roles, Sam Sashoua ( small but technically good, might take time to break through to first team ?), Markanday ( who is quite similar to Sashoua) and possibly Rodeo Richards. Georgiou is ok but not quite good enough as an attacker and possibly same as a FB.

Harvey White was an AM but now plays as a DM, might develop back as an AM ? Luke Amos took the same route starting as an AM at 15 or 16 and is now very much a DM/CM.

So we certainly need to find better talented attackers to join the academy - we haven't seen enough of new Academy Year 1 yet but be surprised if any change there.

New squad numbers done . No numbers for TOB and Sterling possibly means there finished with us ?

All the shirt numbers allocated to players who played last season or involved in last pre-season (including non playing Whiteman) - so as neither TOB nor Sterling did that no number !

There will be other numbers allocated when Spurs u21's play in Checkatrade Trophy v L1 and L2 clubs.

But my guess is both Sterling, TOB and other youngsters will be out on loan by then.

Not sure if some of the youngsters allocated numbers will also go out on loan though

All the shirt numbers allocated to players who played last season or involved in last pre-season (including non playing Whiteman) - so as neither TOB nor Sterling did that no number !

There will be other numbers allocated when Spurs u21's play in Checkatrade Trophy v L1 and L2 clubs.

But my guess is both Sterling, TOB and other youngsters will be out on loan by then.

Not sure if some of the youngsters allocated numbers will also go out on loan though
It is simply because they are not part of the ‘extended first-team’, as Kazaiah Sterling was with the first-team squad last season and even appeared against Crystal Palace in the FA Cup.

Eyoma did not feature this preseason for the first team , but still got allocated a number already . Bit strange

As I said, Eyoma had played for Spurs last season ( and injured in Preseason 2019 hence didn't play then ). others had not

Understand TOB played well in preseason 2017 and one brief appearance in 2018 but he's been out of favour for 2 years. Hope that changes - or he goes on a decent loan

Sterling did play last season but not much, and likely to go out on loan, didn't appear in preseason 2019 so I guess simply loses out to Parrott. But I may be wrong

Just a reminder of our expected new Academy Year 1 players

New first year academy players now on OS.

Changes to previous assumptions are NO Spanish midfielder and only 2 GKs after one went to Celtic as reported before.

Still 13 players :

Carrington (wing)
Cesay (LB/CM)
Craig twins ( both CMs one more defensive than other)
John(CM/AM)
Kyezu (FB)
lo Tutuls (G,k)
Lusaka (CB)
Muir (CB)
Mundle (CM)
Robson (AM)
Solberg ,(GK)
Whittaker ( fwd)

First match including some of these is Saturday !

New first year academy players now on OS.

Changes to previous assumptions are NO Spanish midfielder and only 2 GKs after one went to Celtic as reported before.

Still 13 players :

Carrington (wing)
Cesay (LB/CM)
Craig twins ( both CMs one more defensive than other)
John(CM/AM)
Kyezu (FB)
lo Tutuls (G,k)
Lusaka (CB)
Muir (CB)
Mundle (CM)
Robson (AM)
Solberg ,(GK)
Whittaker ( fwd)

First match including some of these is Saturday !
Almost spot on but some corrections/specifics to positions: Cesay (CM/RB/CB/DM), Kyezu (LB/LM), Lusala (RB/CB/DM), Michael Craig (DM/CM/CB/AM), Matthew Craig (CM/AM/CDM), Mundle (RW/LW/AM), Robson (AM/LM/CM), John (LW/AM/CM/CF/RW/DM), Carrington (LW/RW), and Whittaker (CF/LW).

Our U16s are in Latvia for a cup. The squad is here:

Players:GoalsAY
| 9 |Jediah Bombo04-09-2004000
| 8 |Shannon Brown05-10-2004000
| 5 |Brandon Bryan - Waugh06-10-2004000
| 10 |Dante Cassanova21-06-2004200
| 12 |Mark Chidi01-02-2004100
| 13 |Luca Gunter23-03-2005000
| 4 |Kaalon Haysman05-03-2004000
| 1 |Adam Hayton28-04-2004000
| 3 |Max Hudson28-05-2004000
| 14 |Rio Kyerematen09-06-2005001
| 18 |Jahziah Linton30-11-2004000
| 2 |Max Mcknight08-10-2004000
| 6 |Axel Piesold31-03-2005000
| 7 |Hakeen Sanoah [Edit: this is Hakeem Sandah]15-03-2005000
| 15 |Shaun Senkubuge01-10-2004000
| 17 |Reece Stringer17-12-2004000
| 16 |Williot Swederg01-02-2004100
| 11 |Renaldo Torraj15-07-2004000

A few new names for me there

Mark Chidi
Williot Swederg
Jediah Bombo
Shaun Senkubuge
Reece Stringer

I Googled all and found this on Senkugbe. His Instagram lists Cambridge United so I suspect he's on trial with us from there.

This could be the same Reece Stringer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom