Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That stadium was LOUD today. In fact, I'd say it was joyous, ecstatic - and totally amazing. 2 hours later and I think my ears have just about recovered.
Those Villa fans had a treat! Not only did they have 60 happy minutes, but they also got to visit the best stadium in the land.
watched it on the telly and couldn't hear the words the crowd were singing to the Allez Allez song. Can anyone tell me what they were. The crowd sounded amazing

Well, after a frustrating 75 minutes that was a fantastic comeback. The sort of game you just know we would have lost 0-1 before Poch.
But we have to acknowledge a key factor was the introduction of Eriksen.
We must offer him a contract he can't refuse. And if he really has set his heart on leaving, the very least we should be doing is keeping him and getting the best out of him for his last season.
We only paid around 11million for him. If he leaves next year for free not one person (including Levy)can say we haven't got full value for money. 7 years of value.
And he's now approaching his prime.
Eriksen must stay. Selling him in the next few weeks would reek of putting profit before the success of the team.
This is a litmus test for our owners. If Chris is still here in September, even I will start to be convinced.

Last edited:
Well, after a frustrating 75 minutes that was a fantastic comeback. The sort of game you just know we would have lost 0-1 before Poch.
But we have to acknowledge a key factor was the introduction of Eriksen.
We must offer him a contract he can't refuse. And if he really has set his heart on leaving, the very least we should be doing is keeping him and getting the best out of him for his last season.
We only paid around 11million for him. If he leaves next year for free not one person can see we haven't got full value for money. 7 years of value.
And he's now approaching his prime.
Eriksen must stay. Selling him in the next few weeks would reek of putting profit before the success of the team.
This is a litmus test for our owners. If Chris is still here in September, even I will start to be convinced.

Eriksen should get parity with Harry as he’s equally important to us

Delighted with the result and a few factors played their part in that Eriksen came on obviously but Poch played Sissoko further back which suited him and our fitness told
After the equaliser only one winner and Villa looked exhausted

But we just can’t start like that next Saturday

No more diamonds and start Jan
We could maybe nick a point

Winks has become a safe passer (same as dier & trippler was) when Winks first broke into the team he did move the ball forward, It must be what Poch wants in that position safety first,

He was handing the ball off to Sanchez and Toby as he always does and they make the forward passes. He needs to come out of his comfort zone and become a more dynamic midfielder.

On the broadcast here (Canada) the commentator (Jim Beglin, who I generally hate) said "well I guess that's a penalty in the CL final but not here!"
Does anyone think UEFA made a rod for their own back with this handball / penalty divergence

Instead of just calling the PSG / UTD decision as wrong they decided the game was too big to call the ref out on and bluffed their way through it

This then got compounded by the Danny Rose handball .... the narrative was then beginning to be oh yeah in the CL it’s stricter

By the time mane chipped the ball into Sissoko’s hand from a yard there was no option but to call it a pen under this new CL version of penalty criteria

Now we’ve a complete divergence of the games laws from home league to CL

Fucking madness all spawned from not calling out the PSG/UTD decision as the wrong shout

They have creative elements? What the fuck does that mean?

What the fuck do you think it means....?

They're both profiled as having creative attributes to their game.

We could have 50 players all coming back from injury but they don't add up to one true playmaker. None of those you named can replace Eriksen. No one else in our squad is like him. We have a squad filled with runners, and almost no passers. It's been obvious for years and yesterday demonstrated that in the most alarming way.

You were previously bitching that we did nothing in the trf window to aid creativity.

However, we brought in Ndombele & Lo Celso to do just that from CM (which is where CE spent much of last season in case you hadn't noticed).

...Harry Winks can also pick a pass.
...As can Harry Kane.
...As can Toby.

Not that I agree with your assertion, but if you think our sqaud is purely filled with "runners" then maybe that's what the gaffa wants to build his team with? ...Maybe the gaffa doesn't see a future for a "true playmaker" in our ranks?

If a 3 man MF of Ndombele / Winks / GLC clicks then arguably there's no room for a trad. #10.

What the fuck do you think it means....?

They're both profiled as having creative attributes to their game.

You were previously bitching that we did nothing in the trf window to aid creativity.

However, we brought in Ndombele & Lo Celso to do just that from CM (which is where CE spent much of last season in case you hadn't noticed).

...Harry Winks can also pick a pass.
...As can Harry Kane.
...As can Toby.

Not that I agree with your assertion, but if you think our sqaud is purely filled with "runners" then maybe that's what the gaffa wants to build his team with? ...Maybe the gaffa doesn't see a future for a "true playmaker" in our ranks?

If a 3 man MF of Ndombele / Winks / GLC clicks then arguably there's no room for a trad. #10.
You are using a lot of roundabout ways of essentially reinforcing my actual original point which was that we failed in finding a replacement for Eriksen who we knew wanted out; and that should have arguably been top priority in the transfer window. You can call it 'bitching' if you want, it's pretty basic observation on my part.

Also it's downright ridiculous to suggest that because our CB can 'pick out a pass' that we don't need a real playmaker.

Morning guys if anyone wants a laugh read this twitter feed. The state of some of the Villa Fans :angryscouser:

Here, I've made them classy.
:pochsmirk:

nxraQ8g.jpg

You are using a lot of roundabout ways of essentially reinforcing my actual original point which was that we failed in finding a replacement for Eriksen who we knew wanted out; and that should have arguably been top priority in the transfer window. You can call it 'bitching' if you want, it's pretty basic observation on my part.

Also it's downright ridiculous to suggest that because our CB can 'pick out a pass' that we don't need a real playmaker.

Nah, you've just got an extremely rigid view of what "creativity" is and how an XI should be put together.

Ndombele / Winks / GLC
Son / Kane / Lucas

Looks the bollocks to me...

Revisit your original posts (both pre and post game); you moaned about no creativity being brought in during the trf window.... Now you're revising comments to being about a specific type of position/player.

Your comment about CB is strawman.... Do one.

Last edited:
Nah, you've just got an extremely rigid view of what "creativity" is and how an XI should be put together.

Ndombele / Winks / GLC
Son / Kane / Lucas

Looks the bollocks to me...

Revisit your original posts (both pre and post game); you moaned about no creativity being brought in during the trf window.... Now your're revising comments to being about a specific type of position/player.

Your comment about CB is strawman....

Do one.
I don't know why you are so hostile and shitty, but anyway, each to their own.

My post before the match was about our subs bench looking weak and that we didn't move on players like Wanyama, nothing said about creativity at all. And you jumped at me out of nowhere, acting as shitty as you are doing now and told me not to talk about transfers, because you get to police what people are allowed to talk about around here apparently...

Much later in the thread I started talking about my annoyance at the club being so shockingly reliant on Eriksen for creativity and our failure to find a replacement. And you showed up again, acting as you do.

I don't care about your imagined formations and whether it's the bollocks or not, the point is that none of what you've said comes close to excusing the fact we could very conceivably lose Eriksen in the next few weeks and we would be profoundly weaker for it.

Back
Top Bottom