What the hell is going on behind the scenes in regards to contracts and our players?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely can't see how someone can call themselves a fan of anything when they're so negative about it and only look for the bad stuff. Where's the enjoyment in that?

I genuinely can't see how someone can call themselves a fan of anything when they're so negative about it and only look for the bad stuff. Where's the enjoyment in that?

You can't see how someone can call themselves a fan of something when they show concern about the thing they love? That makes absolutley no sense whatsoever.

How is me showing concerns for one of our best players being dropped and two of our best players running out of contract me "looking for the bad stuff" or not being a fan?

Surely that means I actually give a shit about the state of our team or I wouldn't even be wasting my energy writing about it?

I was being called "negative" for worrying about us possibly not signing anybody as well and was being told signings don't matter and yet here we are, days after Ndombele, a new signing, broke the deadlock against Villa, I would say that signing was pretty important...

I take plenty of enjoyment out of watching spurs, I love watching us play, win lose or draw, just because I take enjoyment from it doesn't mean I should shut off my critical thinking abilities and ignore any concerns I have.

Hard not to get emotionally invested I guess.
Sport is all about emotional investment, I don't understand how a person who claims to love their team couldn't be emotionally invested personally.

I haven't spent all my time and money over the last 30 years supporting spurs just because I think it's a nice day out, there were no nice days out under Graham, Santini or Gross lol, the club was just a complete mess at that point, even after sacking.

Even Tim Sherwood gave me something to smile about, the day he got the sack lol.

You're not showing concern though, you making up compete bullshit that has no basis in fact. There is zero evidence to suggest Jan absence was anything but squad rotation yet you've decided that it means there's shit going on behind the scenes with players and contracts.
Showing concern would be posting something like ' why no Jan today, anyone know the reason' but you went with 'what the hell is going on behind the scenes...' It's a purposely negative spin based on nothing.

I'm pretty new here so I don't have any history with anyone and try to give people a fair crack of the whip, but you stand out as someone that's very negative towards the club and it's quite sad really. You probably have some valid points and questions, but they get lost in the negative rubbish and posturing when someone disagrees with you.

everytime i try to go on this website on my iphone it tells me i have won a iphone and i have 5 free spins, cant get onto the site so wondering myself whats going on behind the scenes! :pochfacepalm:

The injuries are as big if not a bigger concern.

Quite amazing how many we have had in the last 18 months.

Must be reasons beyond bad luck.

i kind of agree with this.

Poch needs to dial down training intensity if we're going to make it through the season.

Too many players have had too many fatigue related injuries.

I prefer the Naysayers to the Happy clappers on this forum, the most vehement happy clappers on here are massive cunts with their holy than thou I'm a better supporters than you because I blindly support everything the club do attitude is nauseating as fuck.

I don't agree with a lot of what the naysayers post but often feel the arguments they put forward are valid and deserving of respectful debate and not the disdain that they often receive.

You just have an ulterior motive to drag the club down at any opportunity. Most decent fans see through this and can see what a negative boring twat you are.

It's borderline propaganda. Should work for a tabloid.

And speculating controversy to fulfill pre conceived agenda does not make you some sort of righteous truth seeking people's champion.

Someone give these guys their own YouTube channel.

everytime i try to go on this website on my iphone it tells me i have won a iphone and i have 5 free spins, cant get onto the site so wondering myself whats going on behind the scenes! :pochfacepalm:

Well boys, so what you need to do, although Case is too polite to say it, is fucking stick some money in the pot!.....

Seriously, in my experience, it gets rid of all the ads and all the hassle.

The only irritation left is the people who set out the exact nature of their personal emotional investment, in detail, over several pages.
:dierpochhug: only joshing Incomp

I am a teacher, not that it should make any difference whatsoever and there is a reason I use a forum and not social media for this sort of discussion, if I wanted short form discussion I would be on Twitter.

I am also aware that I could be more concise but most of the posts that aren't concise involve me arguing with the same 6-7 posters about them calling other posters negative for having a different opinion to them.

You are entitled to doing it as you prefer, but it did interest me.

You can't see how someone can call themselves a fan of something when they show concern about the thing they love? That makes absolutley no sense whatsoever.

How is me showing concerns for one of our best players being dropped and two of our best players running out of contract me "looking for the bad stuff" or not being a fan?

Surely that means I actually give a shit about the state of our team or I wouldn't even be wasting my energy writing about it?

I was being called "negative" for worrying about us possibly not signing anybody as well and was being told signings don't matter and yet here we are, days after Ndombele, a new signing, broke the deadlock against Villa, I would say that signing was pretty important...

I take plenty of enjoyment out of watching spurs, I love watching us play, win lose or draw, just because I take enjoyment from it doesn't mean I should shut off my critical thinking abilities and ignore any concerns I have.
probably about saving energy (or having energy) for things you really can effect (affect?)... which in reality, for most, would likely only be things in direct contact with ourselves, job, family , friends... i'm observin from afar so dont have your level of emotional and financial investment, so easier for me to redirect my energy eslewhwere, saying that, the game wouldnt be near as good without the hieghtened passion from the fans....

Back
Top Bottom