Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think Eriksen and Vertonghen need game time next week! Kane did look sluggish start the game on the bench? yes a NLD is a different game all together but we need an improvement on the last two games we got away with it last week but not this week.

I for one am SHOCKED that starting Lucas and Son didn't work against a team willing to sit back and soak up all of our possession.

SHOCKED.

:pocheyes:

Questions

Is Poch the best manager we've ever had........

Or

Is he a very good manager who has been blessed with Lloris, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Dele, Vertonghen, Kane, Walker and Son all in the prime of their careers?

What exactly was he trying to achieve for example subbing Rose on 88th minute for Davies? Rose didn't look knackered or injured?

Rose was utter shit and Davies did more than him in the 7 minutes he was on the pitch. Rose was also asleep on their goal (along with the rest of our team).

We already subbed on our two attacking players so there was nothing wrong with subbing off one of our worst players and putting on a different full-back. Who else was he supposed to put on? Dier?

It was like watching that scene in Space Jam when the talent was stolen from the players and they looked like complete fools. What the hell was that? No pace, energy or enthusiasm from anyone. Not taking away anything from Newcastle because they actually looked like a team, but Kane and Lamela should have just stayed home.

Poch needs to up he's tactics against bus parkers. It's really bad having 79% possession and only 2 shots on goal, no movement at all.

I think that has been a constant problem - Poch is very set on persisting with his way and in fairness it has brought a lot of sucess but there are times when you really need to mix it up and have a plan B.

You cant always bludgeon the oppposition into submission

Sitting here in utter shock. What a total and utter shambles. I've been going over some of the comments posted. Every player has their detractors and supporters obviously. For me, the only players on the park worth censuring are Sanchez and Kane. I'm not surprised by Sanchez. I was always against buying him and he's done nothing to change that opinion. Kane seems to have turned into a statue. I think he's read too much press about himself and the supporters who like to bury their heads in the sand can't admit that he has become a liability. Someone needs to give him a huge kick up the arse and therein lies the whole Spurs problem. Pochettino. He has failed us. His intractibility and inability to listen to advice is killing us. His choice of players grows increasingly bizarre. His tactical awareness is nonexistent. He behaves like a spoiled child, especially with the press. He doesn't appear to instil anything in to our beloved team. We need someone new with a more modern and fresh approach. At this stage, I would even take Mourhino.
At least he has some visible passion for his team. Poch seems to spend more time arguing with anyone around. If he stays, we'll be lucky to be in the top half let alone the top four. It's been a good run but it's over. Time for a fresh start.

Rose was utter shit and Davies did more than him in the 7 minutes he was on the pitch. Rose was also asleep on their goal (along with the rest of our team).

We already subbed on our two attacking players so there was nothing wrong with subbing off one of our worst players and putting on a different full-back. Who else was he supposed to put on? Dier?
OK so if what you're saying is true (if) then why did he not spot that Rose was awful till the 88th minute?

Why wait 88 minutes to make that particular sub?

I for one am SHOCKED that starting Lucas and Son didn't work against a team willing to sit back and soak up all of our possession.

SHOCKED.

:pocheyes:
I don't know if Lucas and Son are the problem or the problem is Lucas, Son AND Kane.

Harry was so much better as a greedy fucker with supporting players coming from behind. The player running in front of him doesn't seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom