Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters

SausageVince

end of an era
I have read with interest the reaction, including a poll on whether Poch or Levy is to blame, since the Newcastle defeat.
There seems to be a consensus that Poch has had his day and is no longer the man for the job. Is this merely a noisy minority, or is a managerial change on the horizon?

If the current form continues (and I'm including the 2nd half of last season bar the champions league run) then Poch is in trouble.

If he was to go, then who could we get or who would be willing to come to the club and acheive more with this group of players and working with Levy?

I'm not so sure about that, but I'm beginning to wonder is he has lost interest and is maybe looking for a way out. I doubt that he'll be here at the beginning of next season though.

Whatever the cause, something is wrong.

Too early for any talk of Poch out in my view. I have had many concerns about what is going with him and the squad in recent times but three games into a new season it would be a ridiculous decision to get rid.

He will be given time to get things right but if that fails i feel it will be at the end of the season he will be judged.

He's seems yesterday's tatical man.
I dont think we will get better under Levys bad vibe regarding the football side.
I hope the main cat Poch can get his mojo back but it looks he wants to get out of sight.

Too early for any talk of Poch out in my view. I have had many concerns about what is going with him and the squad in recent times but three games into a new season it would be a ridiculous decision to get rid.

He will be given time to get things right but if that fails i feel it will be at the end of the season he will be judged.
In the light of my Poll that you mentioned Vince, i think you should take the anonymity option away from yours.

Be interesting to see who all the hypocrites are.

I don't want Poch gone, but any serious candidates out there? The manager is the most important component, and at this time we can't afford going backwards. It would be a massive risk stirring the pot, cos no one is a guaranteed fit. Maybe Southgate could be of interest, but I don't think he's interested in a club job.

I don't want Poch gone, but any serious candidates out there? The manager is the most important component, and at this time we can't afford going backwards. It would be a massive risk stirring the pot, cos no one is a guaranteed fit. Maybe Southgate could be of interest, but I don't think he's interested in a club job.
Southgate would be a bad move.

Jose Mourinho
Massimiliano Allegri
Yogi Hughes
Joey Barton
Neil Lennon
Steven Gerrard
Rafa Benitez
Glenn Hoddle
Marcelo Bielsa
Eddie Howe
Sean Dyche
Gareth Southgate
Derek McInnes
Laurent Blanc
Diego Simeone

Last edited:
Crikey, that escalated quickly! Had we not made the champions league final; I'm sure this discussion would have been had at the tail end of last season.

Its a shame, against Juventus in pre season we seemed full of energy and looked like we could beat any team in the world. Season starts and the team seem void of ideas.

Its important now to get Ndombele and Lo Celso up to speed and starting ASAP. However, our problems seem to be out wide with out inability to provide service from the wings. Selling Trips and (dare I say) GKN really means we have no options whatsoever. Son, Lamela, Alli, Kane and Moura all want to play centrally and Sissoko on the wing is borderline comical.

Out of the guys out of work at the time I guess Allegri is the biggest name out there. But whould he want a job in England? Laurent Blanc is also free but has done nothing since his time at PSG.

Ideally Poch shows some actual growth as a manager and develops but if this goes on this is probably his last season with us.

Crikey, that escalated quickly! Had we not made the champions league final; I'm sure this discussion would have been had at the tail end of last season.

Its a shame, against Juventus in pre season we seemed full of energy and looked like we could beat any team in the world. Season starts and the team seem void of ideas.

Its important now to get Ndombele and Lo Celso up to speed and starting ASAP. However, our problems seem to be out wide with out inability to provide service from the wings. Selling Trips and (dare I say) GKN really means we have no options whatsoever. Son, Lamela, Alli, Kane and Moura all want to play centrally and Sissoko on the wing is borderline comical.

Sissoko should never be out wide or at RB - lacks any kind of technical ability and his crossing is diabolical

Poch wanted a complete overhaul of the squad.

He didn’t get it.

We started with the same XI as we had last year, but was somehow weakened by injury/argument/transfer.

We have no idea who’ll be here next week - any number of Eriksen, Toby, Jan, Rose, Serge, Vic could be gone.

It’s a mess.

We’ll at least get clarity after next week.

And all this above isn’t even talking about how poor we were yesterday - which we were obviously terrible - but I do think this background explains a bit of Poch’s mindset.

However, he needs to deal with it far better.

I’m looking forward to our season “starting” after the September international break.

:pochsulk:

In the light of my Poll that you mentioned Vince, i think you should take the anonymity option away from yours.

Be interesting to see who all the hypocrites are.

I stand by my opinion. He hasn't been up to scratch for a while and i acknowledge that. Tactically poor, team selection and demeanor among things that have riled me in recent times. Things i have stated in various threads.

I have also acknowledged he has been hamstrung by various things that have hindered him/us such as lack of investment/Wembley/WC fatigue etc and he did remarkably well to get us to overachieve last season. And for this reason i believe he should be given time to turn things around. Yes, i voted Poch not up to it in your poll yesterday and that's because he hasn't been. Did i say he should be fired? No.

I thought with all the various issues of last season no longer an issue i was really optimistic for the coming season but what i have seen leaves me concerned. As i said, i'll judge him at the end of the season. I feel there are no excuses now and that i expect we should be seeing improvement on what's been a terrible run of late

Back
Top Bottom