Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly feel that there has been very little to cheer about and some of the performances have been so turd that it’s killing the atmosphere. Last season Palace, Waste Ham & Everton were awful games. Ajax was flat and this year, Villa & yesterday were pathetic. That’s on average going to be about £300 paid to watch absolute dog shit. I don’t feel like a sing song.
Agree, the whole point of this thing is to enjoy ourselves, I mean we are not Spurs fans because we have been serial winners over the years, and there can’t be many on this forum who have seen the last title win in the flesh.....

So as much as we would love to win a few trophies sooner rather than later (and this club is capable) it’s the fun of the entire Spurs package we have grown to love, the ups, the downs and everything in between, I mean how fun was that CL run last season? We definitely had a laugh and some real excitement along the way that’s for sure.
But back to the real world and the premier league it’s been absolutely horrible to witness, the fun is fading away, and we play Woolwich next weekend going in as underdogs for the first time in about 4 years, that’s how it is right now, sadly☹️

Thank you. Do I sense you have been in this position yourself?
I've been a fan since I was 6. I'm 63 now....When I started going, I used to stand behind the goal keeper, Bill Brown. Peter Baker, Ron Henry, etc etc....the great Greavsie years..the Hoddle years...Perryman et al..years before the start of football related violence. The game has changed so much, it's almost unrecognisable. Did you know that when Spurs were winning trophies in the 60's, Cliff Jones made his living from a butcher's shop on Tottenham High St?
I appreciate your kind words and the time you take to have written them Much appreciated. You treat me better than my scrub nurses do.....and they both support Woolwich. So I got it in the neck today as you can imagine. If we don't produce something next week, I'm not going in to work!!!!

I caught the bug in the early 80's (43 yo), so I've known better days and I've also known far worse.

I experienced my own transition/watershed in that I got priced out of the stands as a teenager thanks to the advent of the PL so I have no love for modern football and how things had changed... I reckon this probably plays a telling part in why I take a large amount of pride from the way we haven't bought our progress like Oily City or Chavski have... It's tough to keep your chin up with such shit going on around us, but things like unexpected title challenges and reaching the CL final give me faith that the glory days are terminally out of reach.

Mike Dean: "I don't know what to do!?"

If only we had a video referee that could help in such situation ey?

That's as good as admitting he didn't see it; in which case surely VAR can over-rule at that point.....

This clear & obvious biz is convoluted bollocks!

That's as good as admitting he didn't see it; in which case surely VAR can over-rule at that point.....

This clear & obvious biz is convoluted bollocks!
Said it last week after City when our fans were making up songs about VAR and singing it’s praises that we will be on the wrong end of it soon enough, and lock up your kids if Liverpool ever get a bad taste of it, well a week later here we are....
The thing sucks, it has always sucked and it will always suck!!

Said it last week after City when our fans were making up songs about VAR and singing it’s praises that we will be on the wrong end of it soon enough, and lock up your kids if Liverpool ever get a bad taste of it, well a week later here we are....
The thing sucks, it has always sucked and it will always suck!!

I'm not raging over it either way... I mocked City knowing full well we'd be ruing a similar situation before too long... Just seems like after all the debate over 'shall we or shan't we VAR?', we're really no further forward save for a few hairline offside calls.

Mike Dean is a bitch. Lascelles had no possible play on the ball and launched himself like a breeching fucking whale into Kane's path. Shambolic refereeing yet again.

Kane and Lucas missed two sitters a pop, but we should have at least gotten one pen and one point out of that game.

It's embarrassing to have lost to Newcastle in their current position.
Steve Bruce is a nobody has-been and we just gave him half a season more to lose his job.

I caught the bug in the early 80's (43 yo), so I've known better days and I've also known far worse.

I experienced my own transition/watershed in that I got priced out of the stands as a teenager thanks to the advent of the PL so I have no love for modern football and how things had changed... I reckon this probably plays a telling part in why I take a large amount of pride from the way we haven't bought our progress like Oily City or Chavski have... It's tough to keep your chin up with such shit going on around us, but things like unexpected title challenges and reaching the CL final give me faith that the glory days are terminally out of reach.
Why does ArcspacE disagree with whatever you say?

How Mike Dean is still officiating our matches is beyond me.
After that fall out with Poch on the pitch last season I would have thought they would avoid assigning him to us.
Yet here he is, with another absolute fuck up only this time we have a video referee with no balls as well.
Surely we must have representatives at the club talking with the FA about this.
3 days later and I’m still fucking fuming about it, it gets worse every time I see it.

The "clear and obvious" thing will have to be sorted out. It's too subjective and means that VAR can just be ignored when they fancy it. "Clear and obvious" can mean totally different things to different people.

Not moaning too much as we've had a lot of good fortune with VAR and it was inevitable that eventually we wouldn't have things go our way. But if it is going to work we need to know how it is operating and it requires guidelines that aren't so open to interpretation.

And for those (I was one) willing to discount the pen and concentrate on the performance, how many times have we witnessed Liverpool, Chelsea, Woolwich getting nowhere or completely owned then hey presto a penalty decision in their favour then go on to win by 2-3 goals.

I’ve said earlier the club needs to lodge a complaint against Mike Dean. This ain’t right

Back
Top Bottom