Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite being too afraid to cross the ball for most of the game he actually produced our only two chances with crosses.

When he plays as a CM his limitations are really becoming harmful to the team, he refuses to turn on the ball if there is an opponent within 20 yards of him and he always points to other players instead of demanding the ball when he’s in space. We have to start building a new midfield, the pairing of Sissoko and Winks doesn’t work. Hopefully Ndombele and Dele will be ready soon.

I don't get what he's good at. He has low football iq, can't pass, can't shoot but he can storm down the flanks every now and then and everyone is in awe.
He did create the only 2 good chances we had. If Kane and Lucas score from them, thats another two assists.

But him and Winks together is a horrible pairing. From Dembele to these two is many levels down. One cant deal with the ball to his feet and the other is devoid of any ideas and just passes sideways or to the closest player without any thought.

I don't get what he's good at. He has low football iq, can't pass, can't shoot but he can storm down the flanks every now and then and everyone is in awe.
I think Sissoko is almost the very definition of a glass half full/empty player and today he was on the half empty side for the most part.

We are definitely reaching the point where Sissoko's technical limitations begin to threaten his place in the team, there was a moment against City where he picked up the ball on the left touchline and started motoring forward but despite having the ball right in front of him he never actually had it under control and only made it a few yards before being easily dispossessed.

Son, Lo Celso and Eriksen are pushing to play and Dele will be back soon, he will probably return to being a player we put on to close out the game against tired legs for 20 minutes. That's how we will see the best of him, like with his assist against Villa. He just motored past three tired challenges and played a simple pass to Kane. He needs big spaces and knackered opponents to really affect games.

He's not a starting XI player when everybody is fit. He's not a bad player, in fact I think he's grown into a solid player despite his clear limitations but when all of our attacking options are fit (we've started the season with no Dele, Eriksen, Lo Celso & Son pretty much) and when Ndombele isn't nursing an injury, I'm sure we'll be seeing a midfield two of Winks and Ndombele with Sissoko offering a rotation option.

Despite being too afraid to cross the ball for most of the game he actually produced our only two chances with crosses.

When he plays as a CM his limitations are really becoming harmful to the team, he refuses to turn on the ball if there is an opponent within 20 yards of him and he always points to other players instead of demanding the ball when he’s in space. We have to start building a new midfield, the pairing of Sissoko and Winks doesn’t work. Hopefully Ndombele and Dele will be ready soon.

To be fair... We only started a CM2 of Winks/Sissiko cos of the varying fitness issues with GLC & Ndombele.... Like last year, circumstance rather than design, but this won't be the story for the coming season... We'll have options.

Not that you haven't somewhat aknowledge this but there seems to be a fair amount that have convinced themselves either this was Poch's plan A or that It's down to Levy not getting his wallet out in the summer.

Even the commentators were taking the piss today. Seems like a nice guy, but should still be somewhere like Newcastle. Terrible when he gets within twenty yards of the oppo goal. I don’t even get excited when I see us breaking and realise he’s got the ball.

Even the commentators were taking the piss today. Seems like a nice guy, but should still be somewhere like Newcastle. Terrible when he gets within twenty yards of the oppo goal. I don’t even get excited when I see us breaking and realise he’s got the ball.

Without him at the present time I dread to think where we would be.

It's embarrassing for the image of the club having such an atrocious footballer play for us. How can Poch talk about "projects" or "philosophies" when he regularly plays players who only possess athletic ability and very little football ability.

Back
Top Bottom