Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Domestic league.

Wanting Europe too?

Someone posted that he had better dribbling stats for Europe. But it makes sense to me. Most teams we play in Europe go out on to the pitch to actually play football, which means there's more space for a player like Moura. I think overall we could end up seeing the best of him against decent teams, who don't just sit deep.

Its up to you mate, I imagine not much will change apart from Lucas's stats right?

Like above, we tend to get a lot more space in Europe.

Lucas - 3.8 per 90
Ndombele - 3.2 per 90
KWP - 3 per 90
Foyth - 2.4 per 90
Rose - 2.4 per 90
Son - 2 per 90
Lo Celso - 1.9 per 90
Kane - 1.5 per 90

Again, neither of them are quite Dembele hitting:

4.6 dribbles per 90 in the Champions League and 5.7 per 90 in the Europa League during the 16/17 season at his peak.

Like above, we tend to get a lot more space in Europe.

Lucas - 3.8 per 90
Ndombele - 3.2 per 90
KWP - 3 per 90
Foyth - 2.4 per 90
Rose - 2.4 per 90
Son - 2 per 90
Lo Celso - 1.9 per 90
Kane - 1.5 per 90

Again, neither of them are quite Dembele hitting:

4.6 dribbles per 90 in the Champions League and 5.7 per 90 in the Europa League during the 16/17 season at his peak.
Really surprised with KWP up there. I need to watch him more closely as I can't actually recall him beating his man to many times. Thought he was more a pass and move kind of fullback, little 1-2's and quick sprints.

Honest question:

What does Lucas have to do to become a fixture in our starting 11? What is it that puts Poch off, it’s certainly not his attitude.

Is it the fact he gets in Kane’s way a lot? Is it that his final pass is lacking?

Some would argue it’s the diamond that makes him and Kane get in each other’s way. The guy is so fucking talented but what does he need to change to make him as important as son?

Him son and Kane as a front 3 would be insane if we can just get him to move up 1 gear. I mean I know he’s already a legend because of Ajax but look at the guy he’s so close to being truly great

I wouldn't get hung up on it at all. We now have some genuine options up top, some suited to different problems we might face. I'd be happy for him to be on the bench in every game and score when he comes on, than have him not score when started.

IMO his at his best when given licence to run behind the oppo, either with or without the ball. I don't care if this is from a wide position or through the middle. The bottom line is you want him on the end of things rather than him being involved in the build-up. He's a great finisher with a good shot on him, he's arguably our best header of the ball (attacking) too.

His weaknesses are his passing, especially when this involves short one touch with those around him. He's also not great at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Lastly, without the ball his defensive side of the game still needs work, he has to his credit improved hugely in this area, it's still not the first line of the press that Lamela, Kane, Eriksen & Dele provide.

Poch got it absolutely spot on against City.

Really surprised with KWP up there. I need to watch him more closely as I can't actually recall him beating his man to many times. Thought he was more a pass and move kind of fullback, little 1-2's and quick sprints.

I'd argue dribbling is one his best attributes. Really good close control and seems to have that wiry physique and quick burst of pace that allows him to just get ahead of players. Done it a few times at the weekend against City.

Only Lucas and Ndombele completed more dribbles than him against City and only Sissoko completed more dribbles than him against Aston Villa.

Defensively his stats are decent too on the surface. No one made more tackles than him against Villa and only Ndombele made more tackles than him against City. No one made more interceptions against Villa and only Ndombele made more interceptions against City.

Hopefully with more confidence, more reviewing his game and Pochettino working with him, he can prove to be something none of us expected. Along the same lines of Walker and Rose, who plenty of Spurs fans wanted gone or improved upon before Poch arrived.

When you look at our forward options of Kane, Son, Dele, Lucas, Lamela, Eriksen and Lo Celso I think we're going to see a lot more of Pep's style of continual rotation based on fitness and opposition as opposed to having first XI starters and the rest. Until recently I'd thought we'd been lacking the pace for proper counter attacks but we've now got Lucas/Son/Dele for that with Lamela/Eriksen for the more intricate stuff with Lo Celso doing whatever he will do (not seen enough of him to comment).

It's a great place to be in squad wise and I think Lucas knows this, hence signing a new 5 year deal when his stock must've been pretty high after last season.

And here is how he does defensively compared to the others:

Lucas (2018/19)
1.5 tackles per 90
1 interception per 90
1.1 fouls per 90

Son (2018/19)
1 tackles per 90
0.4 interceptions per 90
0.5 fouls per 90

Dele (2018/19)
1.6 tackles per 90
0.9 interceptions per 90
1.1 fouls per 90

Eriksen (2018/19)
1.3 tackles per 90
0.5 interceptions per 90
0.6 fouls per 90

Lamela (2018/19)
1.6 tackles per 90
0.6 interceptions per 90
2.1 fouls per 90

So whilst his attacking stats aren't the best with opposed to the others, he is more than capable defensively. The guys work rate cannot be questioned.
It does seem like he does create a lot of turnovers when pressing. Had one two weeks ago and then the big on in CL last year.

It does seem like he does create a lot of turnovers when pressing. Had one two weeks ago and then the big on in CL last year.

He's been gold for us this past few months. Already a legend after the CL. Everytime he raises his head for a little prayer as he comes on I get excited. Gives 110% for the club, no complaints, no drama, ever. We're bloody lucky to have him on the team, jangling the nerves of the opposition with his pace and tenaciousness.

Moura in my eyes is already a Spurs legend. His goal against Barcelona got us through the group stage then that biblical night against Ajax, where Moura went into god mode. Then gets dropped in the final was shocking. Poch deserved a slap from Moura lets be honest, it would have been the right thing to do. One of the most underrated players, often overlooked because of “systems” and that bollocks. Plus he’s massively right wing. Whats not to love??

Moura in my eyes is already a Spurs legend. His goal against Barcelona got us through the group stage then that biblical night against Ajax, where Moura went into god mode. Then gets dropped in the final was shocking. Poch deserved a slap from Moura lets be honest, it would have been the right thing to do. One of the most underrated players, often overlooked because of “systems” and that bollocks. Plus he’s massively right wing. Whats not to love??
What was most shocking about him getting dropped in the last CL final was that it wasn't that shocking

It's not all about scoring goals, he won over quite a few fans this night :

That's what being a part of this wonderful family of ours is all about. Marvellous moment :thumbup:
:coys:

tenor.gif

Great guy to have around the team. Has improved over the shortish time he has been here. 23m seems like a bit of a bargain now!

If I'm him, I'm furious.

Why, he’s not that good. He probably could have got 5-10 minutes today but he started the previous game and was cack. If he wants more minutes then he has to improve. He doesn’t deserve to be involved just because he scored a hat trick against Ajax.

Last day of the Euro transfer window tomorrow (I think) I would not be surprised if he's linked to a few clubs.

He just signed a new contract, not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom